The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For the Bong Lovers

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
I like your line of thinking, but bong rental isn't the move IMO. As you mentioned, you can get a nice looking piece from a Chinese source for super cheap. I'd rather do that than smoke out of something that someone has already used. Plus, if you're a regular smoker, you get attached to your pieces. It's not something that you really want to just try or share.

You seem to be doing the critical thinking necessary to find a way to make money in the industry. Keep thinking and I think you'll find something fruitful

Last edited:

RedBaron

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
Im going to make this post simple.

Here is the idea. Of course we all know the massive amount of money being dumped into weed. Now from my experience I do understand that the future of consumption will be more in dialed precise doses, and vapes, etc. For those who aren't aware either the high end glass industry bubble rose extremly fast and crashed even quicker. People were buying and selling bongs for thousands of dollars. Now there is a small portion of that market still around, but since China started copying all the Artistic glass blowers, everyone can get a knock-off for cheap as F*ck.

Anyway so here is the idea. I wonder if A bong rental company would work out? you get to try out or rent a bong or vape for a certain amount of time, and return it and get another.

Some problems of course are that they are glass, so kind of fragile you could say

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Here's an idea for the renting aspect, say for instance your in Colorado, you target people travelling into the state, so link up with any short term accomodation places with flyers in their lobby/rooms, and some website presence. If any smokers are travelling into the state they won't be bringing any weed related products on planes, and wouldn't want to buy a bong/pipe/vape etc to just throw away in a few days when they leave.

FWIW I don't know if this is scalable to a point where it would make great money or even be viable, but there would certainly be a market for travellers into legal states that want/need their fix, and also for casual smokers who just want the enjoyment of smoking in a place where its legal.

TonyStark

I'm not dead yet
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jul 20, 2015
Austin, Texas
LOL I wouldn't rent a dirty butt bong, when I can make one with a gatorade bottle, roll a blunt/joint, or use an apple.

You can buy a rubber or acrylic one for $20.

Stoners would just drop or brake a glass one; happens all the time.

Last edited:

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
Maybe I'm biased but probably you have to deal with a lot of stoners who aren't that picky about turn in the rented items on time.

You seem to be doing the critical thinking necessary to find a way to make money in the industry. Keep thinking and I think you'll find something fruitful

Agree

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Its nice that you have idea.

The thing, directly with the idea, is how would you ensure clients that
your bongs are hygienically clean?

But my guess would be kind of pivot.

Lets say you would have some freaky and fancy bongs
(or very expensive) and offer them for rent to party organizer.
Like, an attraction that you pull out when doing a party for amusement
of your friends.

Zcott

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jul 24, 2018
I would check out the state and provincial laws for selling bongs as it is a cannabis affiliated product.

In Quebec, where I am, since cannabis was legalised, shops are no longer allowed to sell anything related to cannabis smoking. Nothing. Not even stickers with a cannabis leaf symbol on it.

I'd check out to make sure it's legal where you are first.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.