The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For future and current Lamborghini owners.

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina
This totally changes my mindset on owning a Lamborghini with "Lambo Doors". Safety is a big thing for me, because you never know what might happen.

I hate this because these are very fine automobiles, but ill probably never drive one with "lambo doors" now.

The first 4 Pictures are not graphic but the rest are.

Apparently the car flipped over and they couldnt get out of the car.
I feel bad for them :nonod:

WARNING: SOME ARE GRAPHIC

The Dangers of Lambo Doors... ***GRAPHIC NSFW***

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JayKim

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Sep 4, 2008
Colorado Springs
Check out wreckedexotics.com a lot of destroyed works of art. Thats why I'd never race or mess around showing off unless on a track.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
I have seen these pics before and yes they are graphic and not for the weak stomach. But do you know the whole story behind it...?

They were driving if remember correctly, 120+ MPH on a small, country road. That IMO is reckless. It is quite difficult to flip a Murci, especially since it's gravitational force pulls it down the ground. Just think of the force it had to take to flip that car.

Today my two friends were in a car accident, and the kid's Lexus was totaled. They are fine, but thanks to a lady running a red light, his Lexus is gone. ( Life is short, everyone! Cherish every moment!)

As for me, I am still buying an LP640 , placing a windshield hammer by my door and still enjoy driving it. :driving:

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I'm surprised the Italians havn't figured out how to solve this problem yet, I mean Mercedes did back in 1954 with the 300SL Gullwing.:coffee:

Mercedes simply designed the back glass so you can kick it out in the even of a rollover. Because with Gullwing type doors your are totaly super screwed. Its a crude solution, but it works!

On the new SLS they use exploding door bolts. I'm very surprised Lambo doesn't do that, I figured they would.

BurnBright

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Oct 8, 2009
Vancouver, Canada
I flipped a covette in my younger days and don't think I could get out of the doors also. I got out though the drivers side window which was down at the time. Maybe we all should carry windshild hammers and of course always wear your seat belt.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey

mkzhang

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Sep 30, 2009
Who cares, drive safe and don't flip over :)

I can't help but think about the amount of sex appeal a lambo has even when flipped over, until I saw burnt bodies (yuck).

Anyways, drive safe and you will be alright, you will die in any car at that speed regardless.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
At 155 mph you made your own bed, they knew the risks. Luckly they didn't get others involved. If you want to go and risk your own life thats fine, just don't involve innocent people.

Any crash at 155 mph is usualy deadly, doesn't matter what your driving.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

James Fake

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
May 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Wow.. wearing a seat belt may not have saved them, but just wanted to say:

WEAR YOUR SEAT BELT! AND MAKE SURE ALL PASSENGERS WEAR THEIRS TOO!

Because if you crash, your passengers without them will fly around the cabin and hit you and may kill you.

As for the windshield thing; police carry these little clickers that fits on a keychain, it's like a pin from a gun sort of. Put it against the glass and press it, the pin hits the glass and shatters it completely.

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
A $10 windshield hammer is underneath my seat.
do you have it fastened and secured so it doesn't move, but also you should be able to take it out if needed. when i drive, i always have my cellphone in my pocket, i once had my phone plugged into a charger and got into a "minor" accident and couldn't freaking find the phone!

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina
My input from the pics.

If he was driving on snowy roads, where the roads were wet, or had the potential to be wet, that was just stupid. Driving to fast for conditions.

I agree, it must be hella hard to flip one.

My thoughts for not getting one stem down to accidents ive been in. 5 people have totalled my cars, and im lucky to be alive from two of them. So, Im a lil paranoid.

PaulRobert

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 15, 2009
New Jersey
If he was driving on snowy roads, where the roads were wet, or had the potential to be wet, that was just stupid. Driving to fast for conditions.

Nope it wasn't snowing. Look at the pic with the woman standing in the background. (No snow) That "snow" was the foam used to douse the fire.

Icy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 16, 2009
As for the windshield thing; police carry these little clickers that fits on a keychain, it's like a pin from a gun sort of. Put it against the glass and press it, the pin hits the glass and shatters it completely.

Why not use some ninja rocks? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtNDvoxI3ck]YouTube - Ninja rocks[/ame]

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina
Nope it wasn't snowing. Look at the pic with the woman standing in the background. (No snow) That "snow" was the foam used to douse the fire.

:eek:wned:

Thats what I get for browsing when I should be sleeping.

I still don't get why you wouldn't get a car with "lambo doors". It's not like the normal door don't get stuck...

Probability of getting out of a vehicle with normal doors compared to lambo doors is a lot higher.

Of course probability of flipping a Lamborghini compared to a regular car is a lot lower. But you cant trust other people on the road.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
A $10 windshield hammer is underneath my seat.

Excellent. Don't forget to strap it down so it doesn't go flying somewhere you can't reach!

maximus20895

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Mar 16, 2009
Knoxville,TN
Probability of getting out of a vehicle with normal doors compared to lambo doors is a lot higher.

Of course probability of flipping a Lamborghini compared to a regular car is a lot lower. But you cant trust other people on the road.

Yea, but that's saying the probability of getting out of a car without your seatbelt is higher. Doesn't mean you shouldn't wear a seatbelt.

I just don't think you should not buy a car because of this one accident and based off of extremely minimal chance.

Knightsman

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 14, 2009
South Carolina
Yea, but that's saying the probability of getting out of a car without your seatbelt is higher. Doesn't mean you shouldn't wear a seatbelt.

I just don't think you should not buy a car because of this one accident and based off of extremely minimal chance.

I totally understand your point, but I dont have the best of luck with people not hitting me. I'm on my 5th vehicle because all my others were totaled for idiots that cant drive in SC. I'm a tad bit paranoid. That's honestly why.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
You really have to be doing something dumb to roll one.

Rawr

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 12, 2007
south florida
Get this beltbuckle

55976.jpg

get out of cars like a man. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.