The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Focusing on YouTube

Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
Careful with using burnout as a justification, he's a litmus test.

I think a lot of people will use the excuse "so I don't burnout" to slack off entirely. I've heard myself in the past say that I need a two hour break (which I really didn't need) because I've told myself this lie. Keep working hard.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Pretty chilled out day.

Did a subpar amount of work just didn't get into a deep work state, but I got 1 jobs scheduled in 2-3 for $300 but I don't know if I should count it since it might be after the series ends.

Got another person thats interested so that'll most likely end up as a sale.

Overall a good day especially since I FINALLY SLEPT EARLY (7 hours of sleep) but that might've resulted in a more boring video.

There's only 2 days of actual full days of school left, so I can finally start grinding it out more.

I'm gonna try and prioritize storytelling more by getting more cinematic shots, sound effects, and overall vibe. I might also learn how to color grade if I have a lot of time but probably not right now.

I'm just trying to focus more on show, not tell in my videos. I think I want to change the vibe to bringing out more emotion for the viewer instead of just a summary of what I did that day.

Careful with using burnout as a justification, he's a litmus test.

I think a lot of people will use the excuse "so I don't burnout" to slack off entirely. I've heard myself in the past say that I need a two hour break (which I really didn't need) because I've told myself this lie. Keep working hard.
That's true, I'm definitely far from an actual medical burnout or the burnout in that article.

I know MrBeast has like 7-9 day periods of just absolute grind then he a day-long break where he just watches anime or plays board games to recharge.

That article helped a lot though. I think it'll be a lot easier for me to realize when I've burnt out and its better to just recharge instead of forcing myself to work.

I definitely think I can work harder though, so I'm gonna try and expand that comfort zone slowly until its hit its limit.

This will probably be like 7-9 days of obsessive grind then a day-long break or just taking a 30 minute to 1-hour break everyday.

My breaks are more like watching content and analyzing why/how it works in conveying emotion and vibe or just laying down and thinking. Consuming mindless content as a break is definitely the opposite of a break.

Hope I didn't go off on a tangent.

See yall tomorrow!

Spenny

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Nov 16, 2022
United Kingdom
That article helped a lot though. I think it'll be a lot easier for me to realize when I've burnt out and its better to just recharge instead of forcing myself to work.
Glad to hear it was useful to you. Keep at it man!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

These two days are gonna be a bit boring and somewhat embarrassing for me.

There is a sense of shame whenever I upload a video where I admit I didn't do much today, but I'm learning to prioritize the video instead.

I think I'm kind of forcing myself to hang out with others though since I have a fear of missing out on High School memories, but honestly I think I'm realizing that I'd rather just make cool videos instead.

I think its still somewhat of a win since I was able to edit and upload the video which is the #1 priority, but maybe its fine to show your losses and weaknesses.

I think I'll be able to fix most of my bad habits by just sleeping early though to be honest, so I'm gonna prioritize my sleep more now. This'll be easier once school ends, but I think I'm still gonna try right now.

Today went pretty bad as well, but I'm planning on at least turning it into a learning experience in storytelling and cinematography so its gonna be pretty different compared to the rest of the series.

Still not a complete loss since the video is always the priority, but

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Took a different approach to this video.

Definitely improved in aspects of storytelling/cinematography. It wasn't good for retention, but I got to get better at cinematography and other different style shots.

Overall pretty satisfied with the video and didn't stress too much about not doing any work on the pressure washing business.

I just need to sleep earlier to fix my habits to be honest, but I'm starting to take a different approach to my growth.

I'm gonna brainstorm a bunch of personality traits, beliefs, and habits someone that is able to dominate in YouTube/business and just adopt them for myself.

I've done this before to completely change my identity, and I'm confident I can do it again. Good examples are David Goggins, MrBeast, and other top performers.

I think the main thing I'm missing is purpose. I overthink too much all the time, and its just because I lack an overall purpose to my life so I'm gonna use these few days to figure myself out more so everything will become simpler.

Once I understand my purpose and reasoning, I'll easily just make decisions and do whatever I need to do based on that purpose.

Doesn't mean I'll always work or whatever since even the top performers have those times of recharging, but I do think many people underestimate their limit and I understand that I'm probably only like a quarter/halfway towards my potential.

Schools also about to end so a huge environmental shift will also help me change my identity.

Just a different approach that I personally use that I just wanted to share.

See yall tomorrow!

Last edited:

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Back to regular days, worked for like 3 hours on the business, studying YouTube, and trying to find more sources for leads.

I also have a huge problem where I can't sign up for most services like Thumbtack, Home Advisor, and Google Local Ads since I'm not 18 and they do a background check on you.

I think I can do Google Ads but I can't get the Guarantee symbol since I can't do a background check since I'm 17.

Anywho, I'm probably just gonna use bandit signs and door to door as my main marketing.

The priority right now is to just find a better way to get leads for the business and work more on mindset.

I'm gonna cut off everyone that doesn't help with my goal and just focus on it entirely. People at school are mad annoying cause they be making fun of the videos sometimes but at least its about to end.

I'm 100% confident I can go door to door once school ends though but I'm gonna figure out my purpose first so I stop overthinking all the time and just do the work.

I do think I make excuses a lot, but I just need to stop overthinking and just do the work

See yall tomorrow!

pavan_k

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
Apr 28, 2023

Back to regular days, worked for like 3 hours on the business, studying YouTube, and trying to find more sources for leads.

I also have a huge problem where I can't sign up for most services like Thumbtack, Home Advisor, and Google Local Ads since I'm not 18 and they do a background check on you.

I think I can do Google Ads but I can't get the Guarantee symbol since I can't do a background check since I'm 17.

Anywho, I'm probably just gonna use bandit signs and door to door as my main marketing.

The priority right now is to just find a better way to get leads for the business and work more on mindset.

I'm gonna cut off everyone that doesn't help with my goal and just focus on it entirely. People at school are mad annoying cause they be making fun of the videos sometimes but at least its about to end.

I'm 100% confident I can go door to door once school ends though but I'm gonna figure out my purpose first so I stop overthinking all the time and just do the work.

I do think I make excuses a lot, but I just need to stop overthinking and just do the work

See yall tomorrow!

Man what you said about people being annoying is hella relatable to me. I'm 15, and honestly, I can relate to absolutely no one in my school. Everyone seems to be absorbed with either video games, social media and are looking to just go into a standard 9-5.

I'm working extremely hard on my YouTube channel, scripting videos right now. And I can talk to no-one about my goals, because they have this weird perception of entrepreneurship.

Honestly all we need to do is put our head down and work our asses off. The results will speak for themselves.

(also those transitions were clean af)

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Really good day yesterday. Closed 2 sales for $650 total which is INSANE for me.

It only took like 2 hours as well of door-to-door. I just pushed through the tiredness and still went out to do it anyways. I also think I'm getting better and better at door-to-door since I'm getting less and less No's and more Yes's and Maybe's.

Overall, this was the first day since like the first few days of the series in which I was really satisfied with the work I did during the day. I didn't waste any time at all and felt overall really good about the day.

My friend was really weird here he's like naturally funny (teen humor) on camera, but I had a personal talk with him about Christianity and he has really good character values as a person. Just wanted to defend him.
Man what you said about people being annoying is hella relatable to me. I'm 15, and honestly, I can relate to absolutely no one in my school. Everyone seems to be absorbed with either video games, social media and are looking to just go into a standard 9-5.

I'm working extremely hard on my YouTube channel, scripting videos right now. And I can talk to no-one about my goals, because they have this weird perception of entrepreneurship.

Honestly all we need to do is put our head down and work our asses off. The results will speak for themselves.

(also those transitions were clean af)
Thanks so much bro. Yeah its hard, I personally just think of it as people that choose to be jealous, but I also found other people (like 2-3) that have the same ambition to just make you feel like your not crazy all the time.

We coming back though and I'm finally pretty much halfway towards the goal.

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Got $250 yesterday. The dude was really chill and I finished the job in 2.5 hours so around $100 per hour.

Overall good day again.

I want to focus more on trying to make the audience feel a certain emotion, so I need to get better at storytelling instead of just telling.

I think this can be done through just filming more or having someone always film something to capture those moments, but I also want to show complete authenticity.

Kind of like how Ryan Trahan seems very authentic and I personally feel comfortable meeting him in real life. I want that same effect, and that's what I'm striving for in my videos.

Lowkey don't feel sad at all about school ending and very excited, but

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Got $450! Biggest amount yet, and she even told me to CHARGE HIGHER next time.

I still got like $90/hour, but she told me I should've charged $500 which is hilarious. The home service care business is crazy with these numbers.

Overall, an amazing day. High School is finally over and I have 2 months to grind this out. I don't have any excuses, just grind it out and hopefully make enough to drop out.

I'm debating what to do when the series is over, but I'll figure it out after. I don't know if I should continue with daily updates or weekly updates, but I might honestly just do daily since I want to challenge myself.

We're halfway towards the goal though, only like $850 left and 12 days remaining. I woke up late, but I can fix my sleep schedule in the next few days.

Hopefully, I can go over the goal but

See yall tomorrow!

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018

Got $450! Biggest amount yet, and she even told me to CHARGE HIGHER next time.

I still got like $90/hour, but she told me I should've charged $500 which is hilarious. The home service care business is crazy with these numbers.

Overall, an amazing day. High School is finally over and I have 2 months to grind this out. I don't have any excuses, just grind it out and hopefully make enough to drop out.

I'm debating what to do when the series is over, but I'll figure it out after. I don't know if I should continue with daily updates or weekly updates, but I might honestly just do daily since I want to challenge myself.

We're halfway towards the goal though, only like $850 left and 12 days remaining. I woke up late, but I can fix my sleep schedule in the next few days.

Hopefully, I can go over the goal but

See yall tomorrow!
congrats man, you surpassed my hourly slowlane wage with 10 years of IT experience and 4 years of university, lol

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018
congrats man, you surpassed my hourly slowlane wage with 10 years of IT experience and 4 years of university, lol
i have a question, do you think you get more closes going in person vs, if you were to just mass-mail neighbourhoods or plaster cars in parking lots with leaflets? curious.

2legit2quit

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 9, 2018

See yall tomorrow!
ignore haters 24/7.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

I closed $900 worth of deals Yesterday, $750 in person and $150 over text which is CRAZY. It feels like a cheat code, and six figures now seems pretty possible to me. I only did like 2 hours of door to door as well.

Just spread out the work over 3 days. Pretty much just finished the challenge all in one day the comeback is nuts.

If I can scale this with employees and stuff, then it'll be even crazier. Although, I could've just gotten lucky I guess but I definitely think I'm getting better and better at selling which is raising my conversion rate a ton.

Posting this pretty late since I came home late.

I'm gonna sleep right after finishing this edit, so I'm probably still gonna wake up late but I'm fine with it since I'm satisfied with the work I did today.

Did a $300 today out of the $900 closed for around 4.5 hours of work so like $60 an hour which is still really good for my age. I thought about it and if I get $300 everyday I would make 6 figures which is crazy to think about.

Excited to scale this but I'm also overthinking if I could really do this sometimes. I just try not to think about it and just focus on the next step which removes all the overthinking.

Still a great day, its amazing to see your bank account just go up and up.

See yall tomorrow!

i have a question, do you think you get more closes going in person vs, if you were to just mass-mail neighbourhoods or plaster cars in parking lots with leaflets? curious.
I have no clue since I didn't try just mass mailing it, but I think its better to do both since you discuss everything needed then and there. You can just print flyers/door hangers on their door when they're not home or don't answer.

But I feel like being able to discuss the price, quoting them on the spot, and persuading them in person gives higher conversion rate.

Overall, you might as well just do both. I personally feel like door to door is better though just to build up your sales skills as well.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Did another job and got $300.

Took longer than I thought, but I still got $60 an hour which is good.

Overall, I'm thinking about how to elevate my content further. I think I just need to film more and make it more personal/entertaining.

One big thing is my target audience since I'm debating whether I should solely target ambitious people which is pretty much the general population or target entrepreneurs in specific.

I think I want to be more general since I feel like ambition and entrepreneurship are holes in the market where the content is just subpar.

I guess the plan is to just document everything and tell an interesting story to inspire/entertain people instead of giving advice which is what everyone else does in the niche.

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Almost forgot to post on here, but I FINALLY HIT THE GOAL TODAY.

The video is coming up today and I didn't even notice I hit it until I edited the video, but IM SO HAPPY I HIT IT.

I've always struggled with insecurity and believing if I could actually do the work and become successful, but I think I'm finally getting confident in myself and my ability to do what it takes.

It finally feels like I'm becoming the type of person to succeed.

BIGGEST LESSON: STOP OVERTHINKING, this was a huge game changer for me to actually start doing the things that need to be done without constantly doubting myself.

Almost doubted myself midway during the journey, but had a CRAZY comeback in that one door to door.

Overall, I'm excited for the future of the series and channel.

I might be able to scale this really well, which is what I'm gonna focus on after this series.

For now, I'm just gonna continue until the series ends then decide whether I want to start a new series daily or weekly.

Also excited to post shorts on the whole experience which I have somewhat high hopes for. Planning on making daily shorts after the series as well since they're really easy to make.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE SUPPORT YALL

See yall tomorrow!

John Walker

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jun 14, 2018
Brazil

Got $250 yesterday. The dude was really chill and I finished the job in 2.5 hours so around $100 per hour.

Overall good day again.

I want to focus more on trying to make the audience feel a certain emotion, so I need to get better at storytelling instead of just telling.

I think this can be done through just filming more or having someone always film something to capture those moments, but I also want to show complete authenticity.

Kind of like how Ryan Trahan seems very authentic and I personally feel comfortable meeting him in real life. I want that same effect, and that's what I'm striving for in my videos.

Lowkey don't feel sad at all about school ending and very excited, but

See yall tomorrow!
I'm following your topic and seeing your journey, I can tell that you are good at execution. I actually have a big issue with transitioning from the planning and thinking phase to executing and maintaining consistency in my work, which doesn't happen with physical exercise.

But what I would like to ask you is whether they pay you for the service you need to do or if it's based on hourly work.

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

I'm getting used to being obsessed and constantly just thinking about the next step.

Don't know if I should've relaxed as much as should've yesterday, but it helped kill the overthinking I was experiencing. I don't think I needed it to be honest so I probably should've worked more.

The only problem right now is determining what the most important work is. I can easily just go door to door and keep getting clients and repeating that process, but I'm trying to focus more on scale and building an actual business.

Its really just a knowledge gap, but I always feel like I'm action faking whenever I do research. Just gonna try to get the knowledge I need to do this as fast as possible so that I can execute since that's the fun part for me.

Curious how this will all go in the 2 months of grind I have (summer break).

I'm just gonna use the $2,000 for the business and also for better filmmaking equipment like a camera and mic.

I personally just don't care about new shoes or anything, I've literally been wearing a pair of crocs as my shoes for the past few months.

I'm following your topic and seeing your journey, I can tell that you are good at execution. I actually have a big issue with transitioning from the planning and thinking phase to executing and maintaining consistency in my work, which doesn't happen with physical exercise.

But what I would like to ask you is whether they pay you for the service you need to do or if it's based on hourly work.

Thanks, I definitely wasn't an executor before. I think it just gets addicting once you do execute so I'm kinda stuck in a dopamine loop which is a good thing.

They pay me for the service, I just personally quote them on how much time I think I could do it.

congrats Alex you inspired me to work on things in my life by seeing your hustle and success, keep it up.
Thanks so much man

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Just did the job and edited the video.

Getting a bit lazy again lowkey, just consuming YouTube when I shouldn't. Could hardly get out of bed today but I did SLEEP EARLY LETS GO.

Anyways, I'm just gonna do some cold showers since it helps my mind take control over my body.

The main problems is that I don't know the next step. I could just continue going door to door and making a good bit of money, but I want to build an actual business.

I guess I'll spend the rest of the series mainly learning how to actually scale it now.

For YouTube, I'm excited to start creating shorts since I think the strategy is to use short-form content to attract people, then long-form to keep them in and create an actual connection.

Also, short-form is very straightforward, if you have like 90% retention on a short, its like guaranteed virality.

See yall tomorrow!

Last edited:

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Sorry yall I missed to post since it was graduation day.

BUT I FINALLY GRADUATED HIGH SCHOOL. Plus I got a weird surge of views for graduation which is interesting since it has nothing to do with the goal.

Anyways, I made a big mistake by celebrating too much since I broke my momentum.

Right now, I'm deciding how I want to balance my work and social life since I feel like I need to put rules for myself on sacrificing sleep or breaking my momentum for my social life.

I also started overthinking again which got me lazy, but I just need to make a conscious effort to realize that I'm overthinking. Once I realize I'm overthinking, I just stop overthinking.

I'm also going through @Johnny boy thread to see how I can scale my own business, but its lowkey really confusing on what the next step should be. I think I'll just research how a minor can even start a business and hire employees first.

Hope the rest of the series isn't boring and

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Definitely got lazy.

The mistake I made is that I prioritized brief, social connection over my sleep. Also, I started overthinking again.

The solution is to just create a very strict, unbroken rule that my sleep is the number one priority and also prioritize my goals for now. Also, I just need to consciously be aware at all times if I'm overthinking.

Thats about it and

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Going back to the momentum.

Slept on time, removed some distractions

Still not satisfied, but I'll be shortly.

I've decided to use pressure washing as a tool to get as much capital as possible in these two months. I'm just gonna use the capital to start a product-based business and use social media as a tool to build a following for it.

This depends on how well the pressure washing does, but it doesn't matter I just need to focus on it step by step and adjust.

Excited for how this goes and

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

Deleted all the social media apps from my phone which helped a lot.

Gonna use my old iPad to upload shorts.

Made a bad mistake for my sleep, but it won't happen again cause I rarely get that invested in a story (I read all day).

Its whatever, I'm living life happy rn and I got a decent bit of stuff done so

Also, it'd be amazing if you guys could answer a poll on my channel's community tab, it'll help a lot in determing the direction of the channel.

See yall tomorrow!

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022

Deleted all the social media apps from my phone which helped a lot.

Gonna use my old iPad to upload shorts.

Made a bad mistake for my sleep, but it won't happen again cause I rarely get that invested in a story (I read all day).

Its whatever, I'm living life happy rn and I got a decent bit of stuff done so

Also, it'd be amazing if you guys could answer a poll on my channel's community tab, it'll help a lot in determing the direction of the channel.

See yall tomorrow!
I'm really invested in this channel, You've done a great job selling your personality in your videos

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

I got some good ideas for the future of the channel, but I need to get over the edge.

The moment the next series starts, I need to be locked in. I can't keep making mistakes.

So I'm gonna focus on just locking fully and consistently before starting the next series which shouldn't take too long.
I'm really invested in this channel, You've done a great job selling your personality in your videos

Thanks so much bro, just gotta make it more entertaining I'd say.

Also got my camera and new equipment like a wireless lavalier microphone.

We're almost at the end tho,

See yall tomorrow!

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022

WE FINISHED.

It's been amazing to post on here plus get tons of amazing feedback from all of yall but

We're only at the start.

I'm gonna spend some time to hone myself in order to be someone that is more inspiring. Also, I'm probably gonna change the format of the videos entirely.

I'll be back in around a week or 2, but I promise the videos will be better when I'm back.

Still deciding between weekly vs. daily vlogs, but I'll figure it out during the 1-2 weeks.

Man it feels weird to not constantly record, but

Bye guys :)

JaaYu

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 30, 2022
Its been a while, almost forgot about this forum

A lot has changed and I'm finally seeing some success on YouTube (7k+ long-form views past few weeks) but I'll give a quick update first.

After I graduated from HS (end of the series), I took a break for like 6 months where I just had fun with friends and relaxed which I hadn't done in a long time.

All the stress and hustle culture definitely got to me over the years in HS especially since I went to my state's #1 High School where all the tryhard asians were.

I was constantly stressed and overall hated my life everyday and used grinding as a coping mechanism. I still don't regret anything though, its all part of the journey of learning and improving.

College is way easier though compared to High School. They're also paying me $2.5k a semester due to scholarships.

So I just took a breather for a few months and started getting closer with existing and newer friends.

I had always felt very lonely before, but I now have close friends with me now which I have grown close with and feel supported from.

The break also made me reconsider what I truly want from my life. What do I actually want my day to day life to be? And what is my why?

I still don't have a complete answer to this, but I definitely grow closer as I experience what life has to offer. I know I want to be an influencer and start an eCommerce brand that helps people, and I'm willing to stay committed to this for at least 5-10 years.

I have a much more specific plan, but I don't really see a point in detailing it here.

But I have found some success on YouTube the past few weeks and I'm starting to get into the feedback loop. The comments I read of people expressing how my content has helped them feels VERY good and I'm definitely going to continue improving my content.

My channel is @imJaaYu, but DONT SUBSCRIBE if you don't like the content or my personality. I want people that genuinely enjoy my personality/content plus my humour is a bit Gen Z which a lot of people here probably won't like.

Overall, I think I figured out my own formula for success which I'm willing to gamble on which is to stick with YouTube and my eCommerce brand for the next 5-10 years while improving my videos each time.

I mean I've been doing YouTube on and off for 2 years and finally see some results, so if I just continue consistently pumping out videos while improving each time, I'm confident it'll work out. But I guess time will tell.

I still struggle with a lot of things like putting in the hours, but I'll figure it out.

Oh yeah, I also privated the 30 day series since I showed my license plate and used copyrighted music lmao

Just felt like posting, I probably won't document every video like I did before.

I'll answer any questions related to YouTube or anything in general though.

I'm pretty confident I have a DEEP understanding of the platform now.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.