The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

First steps for first business…service business dos and don’ts

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Jan 28, 2021
After reading Unscripted three times and TMF twice, I just started my first business. I live on a large recreational lake and have been working as a dock hand for years for the cash, and just graduated college.

I’m starting a boat detailing business which includes interior and exterior detailing, which is extremely profitable, but right now is a one man show. In the last 4 weeks since I started, between my two other jobs, I haven’t had enough time to fill all of the need in the area that has already reached out to me since I have started posting on Facebook to friends and family. Word of mouth is already catching up and I’m having people I don’t know reach out to get their boats detailed, I guess there are a lot of over priced people who detail sub-par jobs.

I’m meeting with someone to advise on getting the business structure established and insurance, And I have a lot of mentors available.

my problem is I don’t even have a name decided on yet. Do I keep a simple name that includes my last name, which will be popular in my local area, or do I want a basic/generic name that will set me up for the potential to sell the biz in the future if/when scaling occurs.

my initial objective of this first business was to get XP points in the entrepreneur world, and use the quick cash to get out of college debt. Now I’m wondering if I can hire enough help/outsource work to turn it into a Fastlane business to fund the lifestyle I want, which I genuinely believe is possible in my area where the demand is high.

what would you focus on in my shoes?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

geekboy

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 8, 2013
Cheshire, UK
If it's 'extremely profitable' and you're turning away work, why are you working two other jobs?

Knowledgefactry

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Jan 28, 2021
If it's 'extremely profitable' and you're turning away work, why are you working two other jobs?
Because I haven’t made enough money on jobs I’ve gotten yet for actual equipment I need.And even though It’s profitable, I haven’t gotten a large quantity of jobs to justify quitting. Maybe that’s my problem

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE  Freelance University: Solve Every Freelance Problem (Especially on Upwork)
FU. 4 DAYS. 50% OFF BLACK FRIDAY SALE! If you're an Upwork freelancer, you'd be a fool not to...
MARKETPLACE  You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
One year ago, I was just your average software developer who always consumed content about...
MARKETPLACE  For Sale: Food Brand with 4 Years of Happy Customers in a Fast-Growing Niche
So to get certified, it cost a fortune? How much exactly? That sucks that these "health...
MARKETPLACE  Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Fox's Web School helps you learn a specialized skill which you can use to get to Fastlane. It's...
MARKETPLACE  Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom