The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First step to the fastlane !

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
Ive just quit college and had my first day at an apprenticeship for I.T skills (choices range from web design web development and software development) was kind of scary letting go of that false sense of security:nonod:. With the apprenticeship i get paid to simultaneously learn and work and i'm increasing my chances of discerning a market need because i'm out in the real world not copying from a book :coolgleamA:.

I want to learn how to develop software and use that to create something valuable and helpful.
I am also considering creating a website for motivation , self improvement etc... because there is always going to be an abundant amount of negativity
(if anyone is thinking" shut up and do it kid." im still learning HTML and CSS

What are your thoughts ? is it possible to do both simultaneously?:thumbsup:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
I don't recommend starting a motivation/self-improvement/etc website because it will distract you and DEMOTIVATE YOU. Not a lot of people will be interested in following you, and it'll take maybe a year to get a handful of people to take interest. The only time motivation/self-improvement/progress tracking websites really get popular.. are if you've done something significant.

In your case, because you're just taking your first step, it's going to slow you down.

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
You must be pretty smart being in college at 16. You shouldn't worry about taking the path that seems right to you, even if it may not be what most people follow.

You should be learning your whole life anyway, whether you are in college or not. And if you decide you want to learn something in college later, you can always go back to it on your own terms. Some of the smartest and most successful people I know never finished college.

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
yes that makes sense
thanks !

Hassassin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Oct 14, 2012
i think you've misunderstood, in the uk college is like post high school(secondary school) if you know what i mean , i think your thinking that im in university =/
and what do you mean by i shouldn't worry about what path to take ?

thanks for posting =)

mohawkdcg

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Aug 31, 2012
OC Cal
OK thanks for clarifying that. Here in the US many feel they must go immediately into college and get a degree in order to be successful. This is the path I was referring to. The internship you are taking is a different path. Every path can lead to success.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Oct 20, 2012
Take the college course and learn + get paid. Work on your site after school ours!

Thats your best bet! Always good to have a net (i.e degree) and contacts from school. Who knows maybe you can JV with someone from there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.