The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finished E-commerce Site. Products almost ready, what can I do in the meantime?

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Hello all,

I made a website after a lot of learning, tutorials, etc. I got product (shirts) almost ready.

Set up Google analytics and search console as well.

Is there anything I can be doing in the meanwhile?

Cheers

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
Start running facebook ads to the site and try to get people to pre-order your products. You need to figure out if you can get customers profitably.

Also, I'm assuming that you're running a shopify store, so configure the facebook pixel on the site so that you can optimize correctly.

Expect to lose some money while you figure things out - that's part of the game. Also, try to quickly (within $500-$1,000 of ad spend) figure out what your cost of customer acquisition is. If it costs you $25 to get a customer but they buy $100 on average worth of stuff, then you should be good (assuming that your COGs aren't 75%).

You could also set up a Facebook page and Instagram page to make your site look more legit. But really, just focus on learning if you can acquire customers profitable.

Yanezez

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Dec 13, 2022
France & Chile
Start running facebook ads to the site and try to get people to pre-order your products. You need to figure out if you can get customers profitably.

Also, I'm assuming that you're running a shopify store, so configure the facebook pixel on the site so that you can optimize correctly.

Expect to lose some money while you figure things out - that's part of the game. Also, try to quickly (within $500-$1,000 of ad spend) figure out what your cost of customer acquisition is. If it costs you $25 to get a customer but they buy $100 on average worth of stuff, then you should be good (assuming that your COGs aren't 75%).

You could also set up a Facebook page and Instagram page to make your site look more legit. But really, just focus on learning if you can acquire customers profitable.
Thank you. Went to the Woocommerce route. Was the long one but learned learned and learned.

Thanks for the advice. I have a question, I'd rather not have Instagram or Facebook because that would require constant posts. I do however want to use Facebook ads.

I wonder though, if for a very small niche it's better to use Google Ads or Facebook ads.

I guess I do have to learn on the actual packaging

Merci encore :)

fridge

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 4, 2020
USA
Google Ads would probably target better for a very small niche. In terms of what can you be doing - have you created a following on a platform your audience often visits?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Thank you. Went to the Woocommerce route. Was the long one but learned learned and learned.

Thanks for the advice. I have a question, I'd rather not have Instagram or Facebook because that would require constant posts. I do however want to use Facebook ads.

I wonder though, if for a very small niche it's better to use Google Ads or Facebook ads.

I guess I do have to learn on the actual packaging

Merci encore :)
If you aren’t doing social media, what is your plan to get traffic? Just ads? That’s going to cost you a lot of money.

Are you trying to build a brand or just sell one and done shirts?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
287%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia
If you run social ads people will look at your profiles from your ads

Good time to start posting organically so when they visit your page they can see it’s active and real

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.