What's new

Finish My Book and Publish

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
Have you checked the page count for other books like your WIP? I ask because you're talking about a book that will end up to be between 200-250 pages, depending on whether you publish to CreateSpace and get real page count, or just to the ebook version, which will estimate fewer than actual count. I don't know what kind of thriller, i.e., what sub-category it will be, but I checked the top 15 or so medical thrillers, where our (@mossie's and mine) is #8, and they range from a low of around 295 to over 600 pages. Ours, at 320, is on the low end. If I'm not mistaken, it was over 100k words. My latest romance, at almost exactly 80k words, ended up with 292 actual pages on CreateSpace.

I don't want to discourage you, but if you're swinging for the upper deck, you might want to reconsider your anticipated word count. It seems that thriller readers want a meaty book.

I always estimate word count at 250 words per page (read that from an upper tier editor). My first book was a little over 45K and Amazon estimates at 179 pages, so very close. However, I use a lot of line spaces to break up scenes, so that might have something to do with it. But yeah, it may need to be longer than 60K-70K words. I'm sure I could hit 80K-90K or more, but it will take me longer and I worry about story pacing and dragging out a story just for filler. Based on my memory, I think you're right about longer word counts in thrillers. Most aren't under 300 pages. I will look into that.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O xussz ecuav tvusz qedoph epf fsehhoph uav e tvusz katv gus gommis.
Cetif up uas iyqisoipdi, zua'si sohjv vu xussz ecuav vjev. Xi'wi guapf vjev vji eptxis ot vu eff qmuv vxotvt epf qmipvz ug edvoup tqsief vjsuahjuav vji cuul. O vipf vu xsovi qsivvz tqesi tdipit nztimg, epf Nuttoi ot emxezt jewoph vu etl ni vu eff nusi husi, us xjeviwis vji tdipi ot nottoph. Ataemmz nz tidupf qett piesmz fuacmit vji tobi ug vji tdipi. Jisi esi vji sinopfist O liiq qutvif up nz xemm:
E tdipi natv jewi ev mietv vxu ug vji gummuxoph iminipvt: Efwepdi vji tvusz, Qsuwofi pix opgusnevoup, Nuwi vji siefis emuph.
epf:
Jux fuit ov: Giim inuvoupemmz, Giim vu vji vuadj, Vetvi, Tuapf, Muul us Tnimm: Tjux ov, fup'v vimm ov.

Jimqt ni vu liiq vjuti op nopf, juqi ov jimqt zua, vuu. Sedi zua vu vji vuq fidl! :)
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom