The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Financial Post: "The way millionaires view money is-"

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
http://business.financialpost.com/2...s-view-money-is-different-from-everyone-else/

Fantastic article. Everyone has the same opportunity, but not everyone will have the drive to learn; taking advantage of it.

Looking in the comments, you'll notice that just about every single one of them have hilarious responses such as "the rich are all born rich," "The rich have no moral compass" (how do you think non-profit organizations are created?) etc.

Much easier to jump on the bandwagon of rich-hating people, upvoting a popular opinion, and then tending to your virtual farm for another 5 hours (supporting someone elses fastlane without realizing it).

The irony is strong with this one. It's interesting to be in this community, and having the ability to see through the other side of the mirror.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NicoleMarie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
May 1, 2014
Wisconsin, USA
This whole thing is fastlane. I especially like "If you’re rich, keep thinking the way you’re thinking. If not, maybe it’s time to change the way you think about money." Thanks!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Being rich is indeed a state of mind. At some point, the money does follow.

As with any article related to money/millionaires/wealth, a simple reading of the comments will tell you exactly how NOT to think.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
"Everyone has the same opportunity to acquire wealth." ..........

"They are masters at generating money through ideas that solve problems."....

PopEmersen

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA, US
Great article, the only thing I don't agree with is this statement "Everyone has the same opportunity to acquire wealth."

I don't that that is true BUT even if you don't have the same opportunity as say someone else, if you don't acquire wealth, it's still your fault. You may have to work smarter, or more creative BUT there are opportunities, just not the same across the board in my opinion.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
From the top commenter:

The article talks about the results but nothing specific on achieving them (Fluff words like freedom, possibility, opportunity and abundance don't count). Let me just give a few examples how much this article fails. The second note: leverage. How much "leverage" do you think an average middle-class worker has? Or the fifth note: wealthy believe rich is a right. Sure when you are born into rich you tend to think like this.

In conclusion, it is easier to become rich when you are already rich.

Damnation. This is like watching a cave man get an idea, go over to his square wheel with a chisel and a vision, and start chipping one of the corners smooth and round. Then, a few minutes in, he gets tired and goes back to hauling his game meat and vegetables by hand and leaves the wheel abandoned.

I mean... yeah, you want freedom, possibility, opportunity, and abundance? Awesome! Yeah, you don't have it? Totally true! You want leverage? Yeah, a middle class worker definitely has none!

So what's your solution?

Go back and be a middle class worker without all those things and hope for a radical change that will magically shower you with cash.

Agh. Sorry for getting so worked up. It's the entitled silver-spoon mentality I picked up from my extremely privileged upbringing of my dad's business failing and my family of 5 living on $100/day with no benefits that he got from working on a day-to-day basis with a housing contracting crew, paying for my own college and graduate school without my parents help, then growing up and getting my head filled with insane plutocratic ideas that came from an entitled, born-rich dude who was so affluent and out of touch with reality that he had to learn to code websites in a limo while waiting for a group of drunk revelers in the parkinglot outside a club.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Great article, the only thing I don't agree with is this statement "Everyone has the same opportunity WITHIN THEMSELVES to acquire wealth."

I don't that that is true BUT even if you don't have the same opportunity as say someone else, if you don't acquire wealth, it's still your fault. You may have to work smarter, or more creative BUT there are opportunities, just not the same across the board in my opinion.
Think it needs the words added above ..... each person has 'the choice' and thus the same opportunity. Do they have the same path or same options? No. Can they choose to create wealth for themselves? Yes.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
Great article. As to the commenters, it's always going to be that way. It's easier to blame others for your lack of success (whether it's the poor taking your tax money, or the silver-spooners inheriting too much wealth) than it is to just go make your own success.

Shades

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 8, 2011
Reading comments on this stuff is always fun.

Saw this was on the front page of Youtube today. More interesting comments.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
"1. The wealthy focus on earning."

A home run from the word go.

Most people play way too much defense and not enough offense.

The Slowlane is a defensive position, the Fastlane, offense.
Money tends to be the best multiplier for more.

More people than not simply don't understand that.

Aidan

Next Year, you will wish you had started Today.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 13, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Great article, the only thing I don't agree with is this statement "Everyone has the same opportunity to acquire wealth."

In terms of being predisposed to disadvantages since birth, I can agree (as long as the issue isn't too severe, one can eventually climb past and escape these disadvantages).

I think the point they're trying to hit here with "opportunity," is that no one in a first world nation (and even many 2nd world Countries) is denied the freedom to create value, and earn money.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
This article is pretty accurate. There are not any real set formulas. It is all in the mindset. I have seen uneducated people with below average intelligence hit it big! I have seen smart people do well also. You can find the flip side as well.

RHL

The coaching was a joke guys.
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
747%
Oct 22, 2013
PA/NJ
As far as I'm concerned, Oliver, Colbert etc. are all goo-roos when it comes to discussing money. "There's a huge problem," they say, "we're stuck, no way to fix it. The rich rigged the game."

Meanwhile, a syndicated TV show multiplies their three hours of actual work to make hundreds of thousands of dollars a night, they have multiple NYT bestsellers earning them cash while they sleep, and tons of lucrative speaking and guest appearance gigs on other shows. They say that nothing but massive social change can help people fix their "income inequality," but they know for damn well how to leave the 99% and join the 1% because THEY'RE ACTIVELY DOING IT EVERY DAY.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.