• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO Finally Starting to Knuckle Down!

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by B3n Doyle, May 2, 2018.

1. B3n Doyle

B3n Doyle New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $31
    Hey everyone,

My name is Ben and I'm in the UK.

At 34 I'm finally starting to get serious about creating the financial freedom that I've always dreamed about.

I run a local pet care company with my wife called Pet Checkers and as far as small businesses go, it does OK. Turning over around £100k annually and we employ 4 part-time staff but the issue is that all of our income is directly tied to time.

Want your dog walking? That's £13.50 for 30 minutes.

Because we only work one-on-one with the animals (that's what sets us apart from the competition) our ability to make really good money is severely limited.

I talked to my wife about franchising etc. but she likes the fact that it's small. The business pays for her to work a 'job' she loves and not have to work at a job she hates and she's really happy with that.

Me, not so much!

So I wrote an article on our website that reviews a certain product relating to dogs in June last year. That one article makes between £800 - £1,200 per month in affiliate revenue. I managed to completely detach my earnings from my time and the lightbulb went off!

My problem is that I have a million ideas, start them all and focus on none of them so over the past few months I've taken that money and poured it into several ideas and because I've not given them the time and attention they need, they've all gone nowhere.

So I went to get some help (hypnotherapy) to try and sort out my focus. Not sure if it's just a placebo or not but I'm now laser focussed on a brand new project (affiliate website). I'm only a month in and I don't expect it to earn anything for at least a few months but when it does, I fully expect it to be the idea that retires me.

So after reading the Millionaire Fastlane, I thought I'd jump into the forum and hopefully share my (currently limited) experience and hopefully learn a few things too!

Thanks,

Ben

Readerly, jon.a, Dolf112 and 2 others like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,781
    Admin Post
    So about $18 USD, not bad! That would work out here in the affluent areas.

Ahhh yes, a test of making money while off the clock. Addicting ain't it?

Welcome aboard Ben!

B3n Doyle likes this.
  3. B3n Doyle

B3n Doyle New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $31
    Yeah, we're the most expensive in our area at what we do but still, when you consider that we operate mostly between the hours of 10am - 3pm there's a (very) limited amount that we can earn. And I'm not gonna get my Aston Mart!n working for $18 per half hour!

The idea is awesome, but it doesn't excite me and I don't know if that's a bad thing or not? Money has never excited me and I'm generally quite indifferent towards it. If I lose it, I shrug my shoulders and go again. When I make it I don't get excited.

What does excite me though, is freedom and choice and not having to think, 'Can I afford it'.

Thanks @MJ DeMarco, not just for your kind welcome, but for the book also, it's taught me a lot! :)

Ben

Readerly likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.