- Joined
- Jan 8, 2020
- Messages
- 15
Rep Bank
$270
$270
User Power: 187%
Hi all,
So I've just finished TMF and it's actually blown my mind. I'm going to have to take a few days and probably read it again to process to be honest.
Personally, based on the roadmaps, I'm somewhere between the sidewalk and the slow lane. I got a job out of school selling luxury cars which introduced me very quickly to the sidewalk. I'd work 70-80hrs a week hustling to cut deals, and spend the commission almost before I got paid on luxury goods to try and fit into the environment/with my colleagues.
Fast forward to today and I've worked a heap of odd jobs - but per the book at 26 years old I've matured (a little - I got married, that counts right?) and so I've somewhat converted to the slow lane. I still have all the gadgets (and the credit card debt to match! *cough* sidewalk *cough*), however I'm also lucky enough to have 2 properties which both more or less cover their cost in rental income as where I live also has a granny flat setup that we rent out.
I work shift work, so I trade 4 days on for 4 off and a decent, secure 6 figure salary (counting shift penalties) that I mostly spend on escapism. I stumbled on this book because I was looking for some kind of purpose I could add to my 4 days off after deciding that playing video games only gets you so far. I have been consuming investment and side hustle books for about a month now and have actually got $50k in equity lined up from one of the houses to invest in an index fund.
Then along comes this book and shatters my reality. I've also been consuming podcasts in my spare time, and What you Will Learn (an Australian podcast which I adore that reviews self-development books) interviewed MJ a few times so I thought his writing sounded like something worth reading.
Now I'm questioning whether that $50k is worth investing at all. I'm super fired up and keen to try and hit the fast lane, I've always felt that there was something missing in what I was doing, but I'm also wondering about the long term. Is it so bad to hedge your bets by playing the odds of both the fast and the slow lane? MJ talks about being a producer and creating value from nothing, which I fully subscribe to. By this measure though wouldn't also playing the slow lane odds be a clever run?
Love your thoughts on the matter and super excited to join this community!
So I've just finished TMF and it's actually blown my mind. I'm going to have to take a few days and probably read it again to process to be honest.
Personally, based on the roadmaps, I'm somewhere between the sidewalk and the slow lane. I got a job out of school selling luxury cars which introduced me very quickly to the sidewalk. I'd work 70-80hrs a week hustling to cut deals, and spend the commission almost before I got paid on luxury goods to try and fit into the environment/with my colleagues.
Fast forward to today and I've worked a heap of odd jobs - but per the book at 26 years old I've matured (a little - I got married, that counts right?) and so I've somewhat converted to the slow lane. I still have all the gadgets (and the credit card debt to match! *cough* sidewalk *cough*), however I'm also lucky enough to have 2 properties which both more or less cover their cost in rental income as where I live also has a granny flat setup that we rent out.
I work shift work, so I trade 4 days on for 4 off and a decent, secure 6 figure salary (counting shift penalties) that I mostly spend on escapism. I stumbled on this book because I was looking for some kind of purpose I could add to my 4 days off after deciding that playing video games only gets you so far. I have been consuming investment and side hustle books for about a month now and have actually got $50k in equity lined up from one of the houses to invest in an index fund.
Then along comes this book and shatters my reality. I've also been consuming podcasts in my spare time, and What you Will Learn (an Australian podcast which I adore that reviews self-development books) interviewed MJ a few times so I thought his writing sounded like something worth reading.
Now I'm questioning whether that $50k is worth investing at all. I'm super fired up and keen to try and hit the fast lane, I've always felt that there was something missing in what I was doing, but I'm also wondering about the long term. Is it so bad to hedge your bets by playing the odds of both the fast and the slow lane? MJ talks about being a producer and creating value from nothing, which I fully subscribe to. By this measure though wouldn't also playing the slow lane odds be a clever run?
Love your thoughts on the matter and super excited to join this community!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
