The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Finally achieved my third goal

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

CJRealEstate

Contributor
Feb 21, 2021
This is my second post so bear with me. My first goal was financial freedom. My second goal was to quit my day job. I moved up through the company and was there for 12 years. Basically I have spent my last 7 years buying old houses and fixing them up. Cash deals no debt. I am finally finishing the last house and taking a break. I am unable to buy more tax houses because my state laws changed. I am now looking to venture out and enjoy life which is exciting. No gf no kids. I just wanted to make a short post saying that I feel all the hard work has paid off. I have great renters and get paid every month even during Covid. I price my houses below market and remodel them very nice. Tile, crown, stainless appliances. I am looking into more fast lane ventures as well. I will probably be busy building my business as a realtor since the market is crazy right now. If anyone has any questions or ideas I would like to chat. Thanks for reading.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
This is my second post so bear with me. My first goal was financial freedom. My second goal was to quit my day job. I moved up through the company and was there for 12 years. Basically I have spent my last 7 years buying old houses and fixing them up. Cash deals no debt. I am finally finishing the last house and taking a break. I am unable to buy more tax houses because my state laws changed. I am now looking to venture out and enjoy life which is exciting. No gf no kids. I just wanted to make a short post saying that I feel all the hard work has paid off. I have great renters and get paid every month even during Covid. I price my houses below market and remodel them very nice. Tile, crown, stainless appliances. I am looking into more fast lane ventures as well. I will probably be busy building my business as a realtor since the market is crazy right now. If anyone has any questions or ideas I would like to chat. Thanks for reading.
So what's your pivot? How are you moving on from this?

CJRealEstate

Contributor
Feb 21, 2021
So what's your pivot? How are you moving on from this?
My plan is to continue to sell houses as a realtor. Commercial is taking a hit in my market so I might buy an apartment complex. If I don’t find one that meets my criteria. I will just keep selling until I find a high ROI opportunity or business to build. Real Estate and stocks have always been my high earners, so I plan to stay within my circle of competence in that aspect.

WJK

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
My plan is to continue to sell houses as a realtor. Commercial is taking a hit in my market so I might buy an apartment complex. If I don’t find one that meets my criteria. I will just keep selling until I find a high ROI opportunity or business to build. Real Estate and stocks have always been my high earners, so I plan to stay within my circle of competence in that aspect.
I agree. If I stay in my lane, I too am a lot more successful since it has become second nature to me. But, I have also widened my understanding of fields that are related to RE. A lot of the basic skills and information are valid in many business settings.

CJRealEstate

Contributor
Feb 21, 2021
I agree. If I stay in my lane, I too am a lot more successful since it has become second nature to me. But, I have also widened my understanding of fields that are related to RE. A lot of the basic skills and information are valid in many business settings.
I completely agree. The basics are pretty similar in most businesses if you think of it as profit loss and scalable. The way I’ve been able to create value is exciting. I treat tenants very well. Any issue is fixed ASAP. I train and teach tenants how to apply for a mortgage then I usually wind up selling them a house. Between this and tax lien houses it is an interesting niche I’ve been able to have success with.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Hi - can you DM me your info and I will send on some proper links. I could type it out but it...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
It's an affiliate link, so it's hard to give those up! The affiliate links are automatically...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
A week ago someone asked if one of my courses is still relevant (referring to the Upwork...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
I have not offered one of these in a while, but it looks like I have time to take on an...

What are Fastlaners Currently Reading?

Forum Sponsor

Grow an online business:
- Start immediately!
- Master business skills!
- 100+ Fastlane students enrolled!
Review & Details >

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads