The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fighting the rat race

maxymat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 22, 2022
EU
Hello everyone

Yes, i've already tiped on google "what products are profitables to sell online "

My name is Max (from EU) and I am today in the rat race.
Got raised with the trap mentality MJ de Marco explains so well in Unscripted (book that brought me here) where i needed to do the best studies ( + a 40 k loan) to have an amazing work in a big company with a good insurance.
I'm 26 today and i'm working at my second 9-17 job in a 80% rainy & foggy country spending 11 months of work to get my "holidays" & spend the money i don't have - yeah, you know what i mean

I hope it's not too early to "post" as i did not make any sucessful achievement at my eyes but after reading "Don’t Lurk, Do This Instead" post i thought it would be a good first step to post here.

As said previsouly i am today in the ratlife and realized only some months ago that I don't want this miserable life. It's my fight and im preparing myself for it .

For instance, let me ask you 2 questions :
1. I quickly realized that my environement is really important for my self developement but I have friends (most of them) which i know they will not develop myself in a good way to the fastlane, even worse they will slow it (girlfriend included). I know that there is an easy answer but im curious to have your feedback on this as i've built these relationships for some years now ?
2. How to evaluate the priority between the 6 months bills paying before leaving your Job VS leaving your job & its toxic environement (people & place) with no money for an other country ?

Apologies for my english as i'm not native english speaker

Thank you for this forum which is a blessing at my situation

Cheers
Max

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1. I quickly realized that my environement is really important for my self developement but I have friends (most of them) which i know they will not develop myself in a good way to the fastlane, even worse they will slow it (girlfriend included). I know that there is an easy answer but im curious to have your feedback on this as i've built these relationships for some years now ?

Look up a Sunk Cost Fallacy. Years of bad decisions doesn't justify more bad decisions.

Not suggesting to leave these friends, but to pursue what is important to you. It should be clear as you progress if they need to be dumped, or you can salvage the relationships.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...