The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fiction Books for Non Fiction Readers

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Mar 20, 2019
I read a ton of non fiction then stumbled on an article but Tim Ferriss

I loved the idea of getting non fiction lessons from good fiction writing. Humans naturally learn from good stories and good fiction has the best story writing.

Therefore what have been your favourite Fiction books that have given you good life lessons or anything applicable to self improvement/entrepreneurship?

For me the most noticeable have been:

Musashi - Eiji Yoshikawa
- A brilliant Journey of a Samurai and the best selling fiction book in Japan

Shogun - James Clavell
- Just an awesome story of feudal Japan which I developed a bigger love for after reading Mushashi

Enders Game - Orson Scott Card
- Awesome lessons on war, leadership and strategy

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
- Epically long read but Capitalism is good..

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
Human naturally learns by taking action and filling in the gaps. Don't you think it's much wonderful to take action and see where it can gets you? If you're doing this, you're your own story. Fiction books are giving you some lessons, but I don't think it's worth spending weeks on reading Dreiser's triology of desire to learn some lessons.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
Shogun - James Clavell
- Just an awesome story of feudal Japan which I developed a bigger love for after reading Mushashi

Pissing.... a lot of pissing going on in this book. lol

Asian Saga is a great series nonetheless.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.