The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Welcome to The Fastlane Entrepreneur Forum.

Register Log in
  • The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 48 hours.

Software for writing / publishing Non Fiction Books?

Vaughn

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Hi guys,

not really sure if this is the right section of the forum. Feel free to point me to a better one.

I am currently writing a non-fiction book/ebook on App Marketing. To explain my concepts I want to include a lot of pictures, graphics, diagrams, etc.
So far I´ve used MS Word for writing. To include the graphics and export the manuscript to the common ebook-formats, I believe I need another software.
I was thinking about Scrivener, but after I did some research, I believe it´s not a good match, cause the handling of graphics is rather poor.
Can anyone point me to alternative programs? Happy for any hint. Thanks for your efforts.

Best
Vaughn

Sampson

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 15, 2018
Marysville Ca
Hi Vaughn

Try using OpenOffice. Its the same suite as Microsoft but free. In there, they have Writer, which is the equivalent of MSWord. They have the option to save your work as a PDF, which is probably the most popular format for Ebooks.

Hope this helps!

Sampson

Vaughn

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Hi Vaughn

Try using OpenOffice. Its the same suite as Microsoft but free. In there, they have Writer, which is the equivalent of MSWord. They have the option to save your work as a PDF, which is probably the most popular format for Ebooks.

Hope this helps!

Sampson
Hi Sampson,
thanks for your response. Saving PDFs is possible with MS Word as well. I was more thinking of formats like .epub or .azw (that´s the Kindle-format). These are responsive and provide a much better user experience on various devices.

Cheers
Vaughn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Search Forum