The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Software for writing / publishing Non Fiction Books?

Vaughn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 20, 2017
Switzerland
Hi guys,

not really sure if this is the right section of the forum. Feel free to point me to a better one.

I am currently writing a non-fiction book/ebook on App Marketing. To explain my concepts I want to include a lot of pictures, graphics, diagrams, etc.
So far I´ve used MS Word for writing. To include the graphics and export the manuscript to the common ebook-formats, I believe I need another software.
I was thinking about Scrivener, but after I did some research, I believe it´s not a good match, cause the handling of graphics is rather poor.
Can anyone point me to alternative programs? Happy for any hint. Thanks for your efforts.

Best
Vaughn

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sampson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jul 15, 2018
Marysville Ca
Hi Vaughn

Try using OpenOffice. Its the same suite as Microsoft but free. In there, they have Writer, which is the equivalent of MSWord. They have the option to save your work as a PDF, which is probably the most popular format for Ebooks.

Hope this helps!

Sampson

Vaughn

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 20, 2017
Switzerland
Hi Vaughn

Try using OpenOffice. Its the same suite as Microsoft but free. In there, they have Writer, which is the equivalent of MSWord. They have the option to save your work as a PDF, which is probably the most popular format for Ebooks.

Hope this helps!

Sampson

Hi Sampson,
thanks for your response. Saving PDFs is possible with MS Word as well. I was more thinking of formats like .epub or .azw (that´s the Kindle-format). These are responsive and provide a much better user experience on various devices.

Cheers
Vaughn

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!