The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Software for writing / publishing Non Fiction Books?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Vaughn

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 20, 2017
Switzerland
Hi guys,

not really sure if this is the right section of the forum. Feel free to point me to a better one.

I am currently writing a non-fiction book/ebook on App Marketing. To explain my concepts I want to include a lot of pictures, graphics, diagrams, etc.
So far I´ve used MS Word for writing. To include the graphics and export the manuscript to the common ebook-formats, I believe I need another software.
I was thinking about Scrivener, but after I did some research, I believe it´s not a good match, cause the handling of graphics is rather poor.
Can anyone point me to alternative programs? Happy for any hint. Thanks for your efforts.

Best
Vaughn

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Sampson

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Jul 15, 2018
Marysville Ca
Hi Vaughn

Try using OpenOffice. Its the same suite as Microsoft but free. In there, they have Writer, which is the equivalent of MSWord. They have the option to save your work as a PDF, which is probably the most popular format for Ebooks.

Hope this helps!

Sampson

OP
OP
V

Vaughn

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Apr 20, 2017
Switzerland
Hi Vaughn

Try using OpenOffice. Its the same suite as Microsoft but free. In there, they have Writer, which is the equivalent of MSWord. They have the option to save your work as a PDF, which is probably the most popular format for Ebooks.

Hope this helps!

Sampson
Hi Sampson,
thanks for your response. Saving PDFs is possible with MS Word as well. I was more thinking of formats like .epub or .azw (that´s the Kindle-format). These are responsive and provide a much better user experience on various devices.

Cheers
Vaughn

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Just Enrolled to "Start a Freelance Business: Take back your freedom Now" Thanks! @Lex...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom