The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating non fiction books without being a authoritative figure?

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Hey all. I wanted to run an idea past you guys and get a second opinion.

I have an idea for a series of non fiction books that can really really help people learn the topics they are interested in. It's nothing revolutionary, but a way of learning that hasn't been capitalized by most publishers. I plan to give the overall schematica of each different book to legitimate professionals in their field and let them fill in the gaps.

The problem comes in the fact that I'm just a 20 year old kid living in my parents house. I read ALOT! But I'm not in college nor do I have a college degree. I feel this will effect my credibility.

Usually people want to go on a site and buy products like books from an authoritative source.

I was consideringh releasing my books under a series of pen names. But people will also want to see my face. I'm not afraid to show face but if im trying to conceal my identity that might pose a problem.

I would never publish anything that I don't believe will effectively help prople.

I have other ideas that would make sense for me to start that have profitable markets, but they don't solve problems.

I'd love to get your feed back guys.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Draven Grey

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Oct 21, 2014
Denver, CO
Borrow clout and authority! Quote the experts and then elaborate on what they said. Get a person (or five) in a well known position of authority to review your book, or even give you a one-liner (like you see on the back of many books). I did this for years until I was recognized as an expert in the Music Industry. I still do it! The other experts out there have some great things to say that I like to share and elaborate on. Sometimes they say something that I completely disagree with and pick apart. On that last note, I even publicly got in a rather long argument with one on my business's Facebook. HUGE boost in email signups when that happened. Plus, I built a pretty cool relationship with the guy. I look forward to meeting him in person.

JahvonCreamCone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Nov 9, 2013
Queens, New York
Borrow clout and authority! Quote the experts and then elaborate on what they said. Get a person (or five) in a well known position of authority to review your book, or even give you a one-liner (like you see on the back of many books). I did this for years until I was recognized as an expert in the Music Industry. I still do it! The other experts out there have some great things to say that I like to share and elaborate on. Sometimes they say something that I completely disagree with and pick apart. On that last note, I even publicly got in a rather long argument with one on my business's Facebook. HUGE boost in email signups when that happened. Plus, I built a pretty cool relationship with the guy. I look forward to meeting him in person.
That's a great idea. I'm now planning new strategies around this idea. Thank you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.