The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling the itch again...

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Happy Memorial Weekend everyone :)

I have a business that is functioning and fairly profitable right now, but I am feeling the itch to do something new. I'm torn between being MJ's advice of being faithful and Ferris' advice of not making myself eat the cheesecake.

I have what I think is a really freaking spectacular idea as far as an informational product... it would be a lot easier to automate and I wouldn't have to hire people full-time (as I am about to have to do with my current business).

Any thoughts on this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pete799p

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Aug 18, 2011
If its an informational product just start working on it on the side. Once the book/vidoe is done then make your decision on how much time you want to devote to the marketing and selling of the product.

I dont have any experience with info products but I know several who have written books in their free time and made it work.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Nov 15, 2011
There is no reason why you can't make your own hybrid version of both. Both MJ and Tim have awesome views on business and what better than to do both?

You have one business that is profitable, you're ahead of about 98% of people on this forum. Congrats! Now go for the next idea and take your profits and freedom further.

All the best,

Cory

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
ntapia, are you thinking about stopping the business you have started already and switching to this one?

If so I would think about a few things such as.

1. How much money you have spent on the business already.

2. How much more time you would need to put into the current business.

3. How much more money you need to put into the current business.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
ntapia, are you thinking about stopping the business you have started already and switching to this one?

If so I would think about a few things such as.

1. How much money you have spent on the business already.

2. How much more time you would need to put into the current business.

3. How much more money you need to put into the current business.

The problem with my current business (natural cosmetics) is that it isn't necessarily "fastlane" as it is currently structured. My sales are growing, but as they grow, the amount of time I have to dedicate to the business grows, too. It is beginning to feel like a job (ah!!!). I can't really justify spending the cash to reorganize the "system" right now.

This new idea is going to take a TON of time to develop and launch (I have planned out a really tight schedule to have my first info product ready in 6-8 weeks). But, once it's done, I really don't have to do anything. As far as money, I'm thinking a grand total of about $15.

If my new idea works out as well as I think (read: hope) it will, then I can dedicate the money that my cosmetics business really needs to become a real Fastlane business.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my thread and listening to my rambling ... I really appreciate the input!

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
They Ntapia,

Thank you for the detailed answers. For me personally, I definitely see why you are reconsidering.

Would it be possible for you to continue on with the cosmetics but not put a ton of time into it, while you start the new one?

For me with the info I see I would opt for starting the second one as you have described it. Seems more potential, less costs etc.

I would love it if you could keep us updated on what you do and how things go either way.

mayana

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Apr 26, 2011
Georgia, USA
Would it be possible for you to continue on with the cosmetics but not put a ton of time into it, while you start the new one?

For me with the info I see I would opt for starting the second one as you have described it. Seems more potential, less costs etc.

That's exactly what I have decided to do and I will definitely keep you posted on how things go. Now, I've got a lot of work to do :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.