The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feeling pressured to build a huge business to get in Fastlane but truly no desire for it anymore

PJEntrePOOneur

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Mar 27, 2021
I’m 25. I’ve been entrepreneurial my whole life since I was selling crayons to my neighbors at five years old.

I’ve started a lot of businesses. I’ve always shot for the moon.

After reading MJ’s book I became OBSESSED with building a duplicatable/highly scalable business

The most successful one I started in 2017 and grew it to $200k a year before it crashed and burned in late 2019.

The crash was pretty ugly and traumatic and left me with something similar to PTSD that I still deal with today.

I love being an entrepreneur. I really do.
But after my last business I’ve come to realize I just don’t have the energy or desire to build a really big business anymore.

I have the ambition but I don’t have the energy.

Maybe I’m still burned out.

I’m an introvert and a people pleaser. Managing 100 clients and 6 employees in my last business was extremely stressful

The thought of building and managing a business that served a significant number of customers and had a sizable number of employees exhausts me just thinking about it

I guess my question is whether or not I can still enter and enjoy the Fastlane without a huge business?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I guess my question is whether or not I can still enter and enjoy the Fastlane without a huge business?

There's no rule book.

I'm a huge fan of solopreneurship and have been one my entire life. I can't imagine running a huge business, it doesn't fit my lifestyle, and it doesn't play to my strengths, so I don't do it.

Check these threads:

Also, if you're recovering from a traumatic event, maybe it is too early to think about a new business. This video may resonate:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwMkydJT6rs

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
When it comes to making money size doesn't matter. There are many ways to "scale" that don't involve hiring a lot of people. Think of all the writers who have made serious $ and never used their own name? It's understandable that you may still be burned out. Use this time to think about what you can do that doesn't involve a people centric system. Just let your brain go for a while...it might surprise you.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Then don't. Why are you feeling pressured to start a big business? Are VCs and angels calling you every day asking what your new idea is going to be? I'm gonna guess no.

It's been two years since your business ended. If you don't feel it now then do something else for a while. Maybe you'll get the itch, maybe you won't. Either way, you're 25: you can go work a job for a while or go do some humanitarian work or join the military or whatever.

What have you been doing the past two years (EDIT: bad at math: year and a half)? Are you happy doing that? If so, keep doing it. If not, maybe try something else.

Whatever pressure you're feeling I guarantee it's all in your head.

Last edited:

Empires

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Jan 12, 2016
Planet Earth
I think you need to reframe your mindset. The fastlane is not about building a big business at all.

It is about building what works for you to achieve your goals in life. You have the control in your life. Build what you want, or don't build anything at all!

It is completely up to you. Life isn't about having the biggest business around. Life is about being happy. Figure out what that means to you, and work towards that.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Find someone who lacks your skills but has energy.
This is good advice.

To those reading this: the inverse is also good advice.

If you have no ideas and are missing certain skills, find someone with a good idea and skills you don't have, and give them your energy and work ethic (your time - especially if the other person has no time).

You can build a business that way.

Tony100

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Oct 11, 2020
The most successful one I started in 2017 and grew it to $200k a year before it crashed and burned in late 2019.
What was the reason for the business crashing? Was it lack of cash, lack of profit or something else? Could you have run it differently so it wasn't so stressful?

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
Every time I hear about some of you guys making money with your dropshipping, shopify, wholesaling, etc type of business I hear this song in my head.

In the words of J Cole

"I know you think this type of revenue is never endin'
But I wanna take a minute just to tell you that ain't true
One day, them kids that's listening gon' grow up
And get too old for that shit that made you blow up
Now your show's lookin' light cause they don't show up
Which unfortunately means the money slow up
Now you scramblin' and hopin' to get hot again
But you forgot you only popped 'cause you was ridin' trends
I'll be around forever 'cause my skills is tip-top
To any amateur ni**as that wanna get rocked
Just remember what I told you when your shit flop
In five years you gon' be on Love & Hip-Hop, ni**a"

But honestly what the F*ck do you mean you're out of energy? Like go to bed????

"nO, noT PHySicAl eNErgY, eMotIOnAl eNErgY. I hAVe PtSd"

You don't love being an entrepreneur then, you only like the status of the label.

You get one life and it would be a shame to waste it being afraid like a chicken at the young age of 25.

D

Deleted78083

Your personality is not adapted to who you need to be to run a giant business. That's ok.

Luckily, this is something you can change, because personality isn't permanent.

Someone on this forum had the kindness and patience ( : D ) to write a giant thread summarizing an awesome book helping you out with behavioral inadequacies.

Find the thread here: BOOK - Personality Isn't Permament, Bejamanin Hardy (Transcend yourself...)

If you like the thread, buy the book.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.