alexkuzmov
Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Aaaah family, the ultimate clusterfuck of emotions...
What do you do when you openly talk with your parents about their absence in your life and in the life of their grandchild when all they do is shake their head and raise their shoulders saying: "When? I`m too tired, there is not enough time."?
Time...
I see that my dads`plan is to work until death, he`ll be 65 in a month, already on pension but still working because money never seems to be enough.
He wont admit it. At this point I think that he`s waiting for that "golden" time to come, but it never will.
My mom plans to work 4 more years in a soul destroying public service job (its awful trying to deal with the public when they come almost always in a bad mood) until pension.
"You might not be alive in 4 years, this is the time to be a part of your grandsons life" - I say
"I have no other plan, what will I do without pension" - she says.
Its like an endless circle of excuses.
Any attempt I make to reach out to them gets shut down with either "I`m too tired" or "There is no time"
"We have no ideas. How do you come up with business ideas?" - they ask me.
"I dont know, I try I fail, read books, listen to people complaining about their problems.."
when my mom interupts "I hear people complaing all day, ALL DAY, when I finish for the day I dont want to talk with anyone, let alone listen to more problem, I hate people"
I might be in the wrong here, but I see this often, not just in my parents.
No, I havent unscripted yet, but I feel like my mind is free and I SEE.
So many elderly people are bitter, tired and hate other people, their job, their day to day.
Robbed of energy and time.
So much so, that they can barely muster the will to be a part of their family.
Some advice, a pick me up, funny video or dank meme would be appreciated.
What do you do when you openly talk with your parents about their absence in your life and in the life of their grandchild when all they do is shake their head and raise their shoulders saying: "When? I`m too tired, there is not enough time."?
Time...
I see that my dads`plan is to work until death, he`ll be 65 in a month, already on pension but still working because money never seems to be enough.
He wont admit it. At this point I think that he`s waiting for that "golden" time to come, but it never will.
My mom plans to work 4 more years in a soul destroying public service job (its awful trying to deal with the public when they come almost always in a bad mood) until pension.
"You might not be alive in 4 years, this is the time to be a part of your grandsons life" - I say
"I have no other plan, what will I do without pension" - she says.
Its like an endless circle of excuses.
Any attempt I make to reach out to them gets shut down with either "I`m too tired" or "There is no time"
"We have no ideas. How do you come up with business ideas?" - they ask me.
"I dont know, I try I fail, read books, listen to people complaining about their problems.."
when my mom interupts "I hear people complaing all day, ALL DAY, when I finish for the day I dont want to talk with anyone, let alone listen to more problem, I hate people"
I might be in the wrong here, but I see this often, not just in my parents.
No, I havent unscripted yet, but I feel like my mind is free and I SEE.
So many elderly people are bitter, tired and hate other people, their job, their day to day.
Robbed of energy and time.
So much so, that they can barely muster the will to be a part of their family.
Some advice, a pick me up, funny video or dank meme would be appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

