The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback needed please

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
@Daniel...D it's all good. @Eleven is entitled to his opinion. If anything it was really valuable because his response is exactly the sort if reaction I was going to get from people and it helped me get clearer on why I built this site and what it's purpose is

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
Do not be so strict, I think this is the first attempt to write something like that

The market doesn’t care if it’s your first attempt, or 100th.

You learn by hearing what you need to hear.

@LeoK it’s not worth improving this, because the whole premise is flawed. You aren’t a millionaire, yet you are teaching others to be millionaires.

You’ve learned nothing from MJ’s book.

Solve a problem. Provide value.

Last edited:

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Hey @LeoK,

You did a great job updating your site. I applaud you for executing, even with your busy work schedule.

However, there is room for improvement. I'll explain below.
---
Part 1.

8Eo7ARt.jpg

1. Remove the cart icon. It's not necessary. The store link with the cart icon is enough.

2. Let's change the <H1> font color to black. Don't use italics. Instead, increase the font size a few more px. Then, change the font to Roboto Black.
  • Also, remove the orange background. Remove the green underline.
3. For the subheading, don't use all uppercase. For the font, use Roboto Regular. Lastly, use a dark grey color.

4. Next, remove the white background. The orange, green, and white colors clash. There's no breathing room. Let's remove these background colors completely.

5. The button is too big. Let's decrease the size of the button by a few px.
  • Add a shadow to the button for a dynamic feel.
6. Under the button, remove the social media icons. Place the icons in the footer.

7. Let's change the hero image. The text is hard to read with that image.

8. Let's use another image for the background. I suggest this one here.

KRTlwWr.png

Note: You can edit this vector in photoshop. Remove the words "money background". Then, add the new heading edits I suggested.

9. Lastly, add a down arrow icon underneath the orange button. This feature will encourage users to scroll down.

Part 2.

EEyFjEr.png

1. I would remove this completely. This feature serves no purpose. I have a suggestion in part 3.

2. The button is too big. Decrease the size a few px. Then, change the color. Lastly, add a box-shadow.
  • Let's stick to a monochromatic color palette for the site. Pink messes up the flow. Instead use an accent color.
    • This is your monochromatic color palette:
FI9Fc92.png

(Use the accent color #6CAB1A for the buy now button.)

3. Remove this section. You can add this section to the about page. Lastly, add white space between the images. Currently, there's no breathing room and it's too cramped.

Part 3.

1. After the heading, let's fill the body with content.

2. We're building a landing page. We want our visitors to go on a journey scrolling to the bottom to find out what's next. Follow this format:

sxFN9D8.png

This is a general idea on what the landing page should look like.
  • The body starts off explaining what's inside the book.
  • Second, gives us a sneak peek on what's inside the chapters with summaries.
  • Third, as we're scrolling down, site shows us a story with illustrations and short paragraphs.
  • Finally, we reach the bottom. There's a buy now button.

Last edited:

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
The market doesn’t care if it’s your first attempt, or 100th.

You learn by hearing what you need to hear.

@LeoK it’s not worth improving this, because the whole premise is flawed. You aren’t a millionaire, yet you are teaching others to be millionaires. His is a flawed premise.

You’ve learned nothing from MJ’s book.

Solve a problem. Provide value.
@amp0193... You are jumping to conclusions... Have you bought or read the ebook... No. I was born in Zimbabwe and thanks to hyper-inflation I became way more than a millionaire and yes it is of no use to anyone other than a talking point. I am in a tight spot financially because of a sick family member and am exploring a way to try and better my circumstances. I only discovered unscripted after I had already written the eBook. Yes I have made mistakes and I have learned much since.
Is it better that I go and beg on the streets and offer nothing in return and hope for the best or do I try to create value by writing an eBook which is about all I can do around a very full work schedule?

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
Hey @LeoK,

You did a great job updating your site. I applaud you for executing, even with your busy work schedule.

---
Part 1.

8Eo7ARt.jpg

1. Remove the cart icon. It's not necessary. The store link with the cart icon is enough.

2. Let's change the <H1> font color to black. Don't use italics. Instead, increase the font size a few more px. Then, change the font to Roboto Black.
  • Also, remove the orange background. Remove the green underline.
3. For the subheading, don't use all uppercase. For the font, use Roboto Regular. Lastly, use a dark grey color.

4. Next, remove the white background. The orange, green, and white colors clash. There's no breathing room. Let's remove these background colors completely.

5. The button is too big. Let's decrease the size of the button by a few px.
  • Add a shadow to the button for a dynamic feel.
6. Under the button, remove the social media icons. Place the icons in the footer.

7. Let's change the hero image. The text is hard to read with that image.

8. Let's use another image for the background. I suggest this one here.

KRTlwWr.png

Note: You can edit this vector in photoshop. Remove the words "money background". Then, add the new heading edits I suggested.

9. Lastly, add a down arrow icon underneath the orange button. This feature will encourage users to scroll down.

Part 2.

EEyFjEr.png

1. I would remove this completely. This feature serves no purpose. I have a suggestion in part 3.

2. The button is too big. Decrease the size a few px. Then, change the color. Lastly, add a box-shadow.
  • Let's stick to a monochromatic color palette for the site. Pink messes up the flow. Instead use an accent color.
    • This is your monochromatic color palette:
FI9Fc92.png

(Use the accent color #6CAB1A for the buy now button.)

3. Remove this section. You can add this section to the about page. Lastly, add white space between the images. Currently, there's no breathing room and it's too cramped.

Part 3.

1. After the heading, let's fill the body with content.

2. We're building a landing page. We want our visitors to go on a journey scrolling to the bottom to find out what's next. Follow this format:

sxFN9D8.png

This is a general idea on what the landing page should look like.
  • The body starts off explaining what's inside the book.
  • Second, gives us a sneak peek on what's inside the chapters with summaries.
  • Third, as we're scrolling down, site shows us a story with illustrations and short paragraphs.
  • Finally, we reach the bottom. There's a buy now button.
Thanks so much for all your help. You are a bloody Legend! I have started implementing the changes you have recommended but need to put it on pause till I get back from work later tonight.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Hey @LeoK,

rep++

Unbelievable! Random person on the internet takes the time out of his day to redesign another random person's website with nothing expected back in return (unless you're looking for a cut of the $1M :p).

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Thanks so much for all your help. You are a bloody Legend! I have started implementing the changes you have recommended but need to put it on pause till I get back from work later tonight.
Thanks Leo, no problem! The site is much better than the original version, in my opinion.

Excellent work on making the changes. Shows how serious you are. I wish you the best of luck man!

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
rep++

Unbelievable! Random person on the internet takes the time out of his day to redesign another random person's website with nothing expected back in return (unless you're looking for a cut of the $1M :p).
To be honest, I want 50%. LMAO jk :rofl:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
in your business strategy, you can use another approach

this is eben pagan's approach

instead of asking for 1 dollar, you give away a 100 dollars product to as many people as possible and you ask for 10 dollars in return

for example

100 dollars digital product ---- > given away to the internet

then

10,000 people giving 10 dollar in return for the 100 dollars product ------ > 1,00,000 dollars in eben pagan's pocket for 100 dollars given away

this is called " move the free line "

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3MrwYPRB-I

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
I'll agree with most of the other comments. The website is ugly and reeks of scam. I especially do not like the quote "In Chapter 1 you will learn how you can get millions, billions or even trillions of dollars within a couple of weeks. Yes it really is possible!". Trillions??? Really? While I'm a firm believer that anything is possible that probability is so off the scale minute that it comes across as a blatant lie.

The color scheme of the website is campy at best and your testimonials don't look very legit. You are also missing some very important parts of your website...you terms of service and privacy policy. Those are legal requirements and not having them could land you in some trouble. I would also add a disclaimer about the earnings potential.

Lastly, in your "About" page you state "The added burden of supporting a loved one when I was barely making ends meet myself acted like a great big kick up the a$$." Why would I buy a book about becoming a millionaire from someone who is barely making ends meet? You're flat out telling me you don't follow whatever it is you put in the book.

I do like the simplicity of the site. It's easy to navigate and all the pages load quickly.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
376%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
This guy is legit! I read this ebook and it is amazing!

I have a net worth in the hundreds of trillions now. Don't believe me? I'm posting proof!

Attachments

• IMG_20171115_162034.jpg
    IMG_20171115_162034.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 8

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
by the way....I don't see an attachment of the book on your original post.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Well sh*t, if I apply @MJ DeMarco's Expected Value formula here....

I think my expected return is -$1.00

$1 is better used to promote your own Instagram post and it can reach an audience of 600 - 1500 people depending on your filter settings lol

Who knows, maybe 1 out of that 600 - 1500 will buy and it's profit.

When I read this thread, I get reminded of Andrew's Final Post thread....

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
in your business strategy, you can use another approach

this is eben pagan's approach

instead of asking for 1 dollar, you give away a 100 dollars product to as many people as possible and you ask for 10 dollars in return

for example

100 dollars digital product ---- > given away to the internet

then

10,000 people giving 10 dollar in return for the 100 dollars product ------ > 1,00,000 dollars in eben pagan's pocket for 100 dollars given away

this is called " move the free line "

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3MrwYPRB-I

@GMSI7D I had never heard of this strategy before but it makes sense. Very interesting.

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
This guy is legit! I read this ebook and it is amazing!

I have a net worth in the hundreds of trillions now. Don't believe me? I'm posting proof!
Thanks for the recommendation. I am glad you enjoyed the ebook.

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
I am glad I made you laugh. In unscripted didn't @MJ DeMarco say practice making people smile to bring value to their lives? Hypothetically speaking if you are homeless and have $0 to your name how would you avoid the slowlane when you are starting out... Is it possible?

You are obviously not the right customer for me. The people who have read the ebook have all left good reviews on this thread so far. I can totally handle bad reviews too. I am confident that what I have written is worth the $1 I am asking.

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
$1 is better used to promote your own Instagram post and it can reach an audience of 600 - 1500 people depending on your filter settings lol

Who knows, maybe 1 out of that 600 - 1500 will buy and it's profit.

When I read this thread, I get reminded of Andrew's Final Post thread....
I am sorry you feel that this reminds you of Andrew's Final post. It is not my intention to be hated by people in the forum. I am just trying to make people smile around the concept of how easy it could be to make $1million.

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
Ok what am I actually looking at here?

Because this looks like the definition of Paradox of Pracfice.

Your website looks sketchy and the CTA button takes me straight to my paypal account with zero heads up. I back buttoned the hell out of that.

Am I missing something here or are you literally the guru character from Millionaire Fastlane ..?
I messaged you but didn't hear back?

RobD88

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 20, 2017
Missouri
@amp0193 I'd prefer US$1 please... So did I lie? I can make you a trillionaire in a couple of weeks especially if you order your trillions on ebay. What else could you learn from me for $1

The one thing I will give you props for is effort. You're taking action and trying things. Agree or disagree with the value proposition, nobody can fault you for not trying.

LeoK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Jan 7, 2018
Perth Australia
The one thing I will give you props for is effort. You're taking action and trying things. Agree or disagree with the value proposition, nobody can fault you for not trying.
Thanks... All I can do is do the best I can with what I have available to me.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.