The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Feedback for my Learning/Freelance Platform

George Filip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 6, 2018
Amsterdam
Hi Fastlaners,

so I am working on an idea that is going to be a peer to peer learning platform, that people who are good/expert at something can help and show other people how to do it.

The concept is that the Mentor/Expert, possibly by video call or Team Viewer in real time through the app, will not only solve their problem but also teach them the way so they can done by themselves in future.

''Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime''

We are not talking about big corporate projects but simple ordinary things that we stuck each day. The target group will be people that know how to do it but they get stuck.

Example:
1) Lets say you do your tax return yourself 95% but there is a new regulation and this 5% is a mystery/obstacle to you. Instead of wasting time in Accounting forums asking, instead of paying a freelancer to do your return 100% of the cost, for such a small thing you want a solution right now, right? You log in to the platform and in real time a person will solve your problem and show you why and how. This will also solve your problem and teach you how to do yourself in the future.
2)You are working on coding but seems that you get stuck, when you run the project. Log in, explain your issue to a person with the skills you need, he accepts the offer within 1 hour you have your problem solved and you know how to do it correct in the future.

The platform will be Fiver based style with allowing alternatives as video call in real time. The revenue model will be with a 15% fee in each transaction, with declining percentage the more you provide solutions to other people.

What are you guys thinking about it? Any constructive feedback will be highly appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
A random guy here asking for opinions:
How will the payment system work?
Suppose I can't do a math problem, I log in, ask for help, someone gets in contact with me.
Case 1: I pay him upfront, he fails to solve the problem, he runs away with my money. (This can be stopped by making withdrawal available 24hours after the payment is done. If a customer complains about the work of a freelancer, how will you verify it?)
Case 2: I pay after the work is done, but I actually don't. He does the work, and I understand how he did it but I don' pay. I just leave. (I believe just make it pay first, that seems to be the better option.)

What if he somehow solves the problem, I don't quite get it but his time is limited and he won't spend 5-6 hours trying to explain me everything from the basics for 5-6$, so I am kinda left dissatisfied. My problem is solved but I don't learn anything. Most of the clients will be stupid like this, how will you deal with their negative remarks?

The idea seems really nice. 15% fee is considerably lesser compared to other freelancing websites. I believe most of your initial customers will be students(be it in school, college, people learning coding or learning business). If they get a quick response within an hour, they are sure to use it more frequently. This is also beneficial to freelancers who need a quick buck and more work if the work fetches less pay.
Good luck!

George Filip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jun 6, 2018
Amsterdam
A random guy here asking for opinions:
How will the payment system work?
Suppose I can't do a math problem, I log in, ask for help, someone gets in contact with me.
Case 1: I pay him upfront, he fails to solve the problem, he runs away with my money. (This can be stopped by making withdrawal available 24hours after the payment is done. If a customer complains about the work of a freelancer, how will you verify it?)
Case 2: I pay after the work is done, but I actually don't. He does the work, and I understand how he did it but I don' pay. I just leave. (I believe just make it pay first, that seems to be the better option.)

What if he somehow solves the problem, I don't quite get it but his time is limited and he won't spend 5-6 hours trying to explain me everything from the basics for 5-6$, so I am kinda left dissatisfied. My problem is solved but I don't learn anything. Most of the clients will be stupid like this, how will you deal with their negative remarks?

The idea seems really nice. 15% fee is considerably lesser compared to other freelancing websites. I believe most of your initial customers will be students(be it in school, college, people learning coding or learning business). If they get a quick response within an hour, they are sure to use it more frequently. This is also beneficial to freelancers who need a quick buck and more work if the work fetches less pay.
Good luck!

Case1 & Case 2 :Well, the money are going to be withold by the company when the order is made. The money will be given upon completion of the task, buyer and vendor are going to agree the project has be done. If they do not agree, a fraud analysis is going to be done and if fraud proven then return the money to the customer. The freelancer would try his best, because can not be paid if the customer says otherwise. Customers/Vendors with consistency bad reviews will be banned after a certain amount of complaints. I believe this is going to be the exemption although it is an issue for all the freelance platforms.

Case :Do not Learn Anything: The procedure will enable video recording and archiving for future uses. There is no excuse when you have the solution in video, that you did not understand it.

Thanks for your kind words. Is going to take me a while to make it, since I am newbie in webdesign, but you know it is a procedure not an event ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.