- Joined
- Feb 23, 2008
- Messages
- 211
Rep Bank
$415
$415
User Power: 29%
Favorite Fistfight - made me think of something very humorous - a guy who used to do concrete work for me and in fact was also a tenant for a time had kind of a baby face or a person who looked curious (looking at the world with wonder) and he was now a little older in late 30's.
He seemed kind of knowledeable as if he had alot of life experiences, we started talking and I was wondering why he hadn't been more successful, etc. He had divorce and he had let it get to him, etc.
Anyway he started talking how he used to go out in his younger days looking to get in a fight each weekend after drinking at bars, etc. This part didnt seem that unusual in that this was relatively a small town with alot of old time loggers who used to get thrown in jail as a weekly right of passage!
This guy however was kind of blondish and stocky but looked more refined and I was curious why he would go out and purposely get in fights when he looked and acted like he had alot more going for him than that. Being open minded I could understand a few fights and a few stories but to make a career of it didnt quite reconcile to the man. I myself seemed to always attract guys who wanted to fight and spent alot of time graciously avoiding them with verbal skills although I got along well with this person. He was not irrational.
Anyway I started asking him about numbers and I said well how many fights do you think you have been in? He was about 6 foot and about 210 not real big or real small. He answered he had been in about 30 fights. With further curiosity I asked did you win these and asked about damages? He said he really never got real hurt and pretty much won every fight but one.
Now of coarse I was really peaked and had to know how it all happened and the blow by blow description. He gave me the full story and how the other guy knew martial arts and was his biggest challenge and how he had to keep getting up after being leveled a number of times!!
Finally he told me the punch line which was also the truth " He said the guy was GAY" talk about an identity crisis, this after leading up to this after along story was hilarious to myself. I followed up asking him "You mean after all the fights you got in and never lost the one guy that kicks your a$$ was "Gay"??? He looked up in a mopy look and said Ya, he beat the crap out of me!!
He seemed kind of knowledeable as if he had alot of life experiences, we started talking and I was wondering why he hadn't been more successful, etc. He had divorce and he had let it get to him, etc.
Anyway he started talking how he used to go out in his younger days looking to get in a fight each weekend after drinking at bars, etc. This part didnt seem that unusual in that this was relatively a small town with alot of old time loggers who used to get thrown in jail as a weekly right of passage!
This guy however was kind of blondish and stocky but looked more refined and I was curious why he would go out and purposely get in fights when he looked and acted like he had alot more going for him than that. Being open minded I could understand a few fights and a few stories but to make a career of it didnt quite reconcile to the man. I myself seemed to always attract guys who wanted to fight and spent alot of time graciously avoiding them with verbal skills although I got along well with this person. He was not irrational.
Anyway I started asking him about numbers and I said well how many fights do you think you have been in? He was about 6 foot and about 210 not real big or real small. He answered he had been in about 30 fights. With further curiosity I asked did you win these and asked about damages? He said he really never got real hurt and pretty much won every fight but one.
Now of coarse I was really peaked and had to know how it all happened and the blow by blow description. He gave me the full story and how the other guy knew martial arts and was his biggest challenge and how he had to keep getting up after being leveled a number of times!!
Finally he told me the punch line which was also the truth " He said the guy was GAY" talk about an identity crisis, this after leading up to this after along story was hilarious to myself. I followed up asking him "You mean after all the fights you got in and never lost the one guy that kicks your a$$ was "Gay"??? He looked up in a mopy look and said Ya, he beat the crap out of me!!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
