The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane to Health - How I've Lost 42lbs in 77days!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
For everyone who's already friends with me on Facebook, you'll notice that I've posted pictures of the scale as well as auto-posted my workouts from RunKeeper, however, for the first time, here's BEFORE and AFTER pictures and the story behind my success so far:

Fastlane To Health - How I've Lost 42lbs in 77days!

Please note that while I do have 2 affiliate links in there, I do not want this to deter from the message of the post - the "process" of fulfilling one of the 3 wealth parcels - FITNESS!

Not to mention those two products were very helpful in my journey: the juicer for getting me to include more fruits/veggies in my diet and the Vibrams for helping me run faster and farther with no pain or injuries!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

Guest3722A

Awesome job! Keeping the mindset to keep it off though is the majority of the battle!

Hey quick question, how tall are you?

G

Guest3722A

Those ratings never seem to be accurate for the times. Do you have / use fat calipers?

By the way your story is an inspiration to me as just over 2 years ago I was at around 206, but 6' tall but pretty close to solid (and my shoulders are pretty wide). Nowadays I put on around 60 lbs from my hermit type lifestyle with my insane focus on my trading.

Bike riding was an enjoyment for me too, but I don't really have winter riding wear and being in the mid-west has it's inhibitions.

The diet though I could really use a dialing in with! Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Awesome dude!!! I know how it feels to go from one thing to another. Except mine was in the opposite direction. Never thought of posting it here though. I hope you keep it up! What is your goal beyond this? weight training?

JP66

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Nov 22, 2010
Nice work on the weight loss!
I am a little over 2/3's the way through P90X. It is pretty brutal at first, but it has got a easier. I have always "worked out" to some degree, but my eating habits eventually got the worst of me. My biggest was at 236. I ate better and got to 225. Then I started to really work hard and eat right, and eventually made it down to 206 last summer. I stayed away from sugars and bad carbs. Then I went to Europe on vacation and when I came back I got lazy and went up to 226. Now with P90X I am at 215. I plan to do another round of it after this session ends. My goal would be 190-200, and I'm 6'3".

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Those ratings never seem to be accurate for the times. Do you have / use fat calipers?

Nope, don't know what my Body Fat % is although I'm sure it's not as bad as my weight would show.

Bike riding was an enjoyment for me too, but I don't really have winter riding wear and being in the mid-west has it's inhibitions.

There's three options- 1) get an indoor stationary bike, 2) get rollers for your bike so you can turn it into an indoor training bike, 3) do the winter wear I did- ski mask, beanie, leather motorcycle gloves, two pairs of socks, hoodie with hand warmers inside the gloves and toe warmers inside the sock, lol, I still did my 2 cold weather rides in Chicago before I left in shorts though ;)

The diet though I could really use a dialing in with! Do you have any suggestions?

Read the post ;)

But in all seriousness, the diet I did was leans, greens and beans- so all meat is skinless and if it's pork or steak needs to end in "loin", green vegetables and any type of bean. Add to this fruits and cut out processed carbs and most "white" stuff like potatoes(red and sweet are ok) and onions(green and red are ok), etc.

What is your goal beyond this? weight training?

Also listed in my post ;)

Qualifying for the Boston Marathon, completing the Ironman Triathlon in Maui, running a marathon in every state and on every continent(including Antarctica- yes there is one there!) and trying out for a major league baseball team(thankfully there's 2 that have spring training in my backyard- Reds and Indians)

Nice work on the weight loss!
I am a little over 2/3's the way through P90X. It is pretty brutal at first, but it has got a easier. I have always "worked out" to some degree, but my eating habits eventually got the worst of me. My biggest was at 236. I ate better and got to 225. Then I started to really work hard and eat right, and eventually made it down to 206 last summer. I stayed away from sugars and bad carbs. Then I went to Europe on vacation and when I came back I got lazy and went up to 226. Now with P90X I am at 215. I plan to do another round of it after this session ends. My goal would be 190-200, and I'm 6'3".

Sounds a lot like me, my previous high was 265 right before I ran my first marathon in Oct '08(did the running, but half-assed it and didn't diet worth a damn). I never weighed over 200lbs until I got to college in the Fall of '02 and haven't gotten under since.

This weight was also put on thanks in part to a trip to Europe for my honeymoon in June- 1 month in all(2 weeks in Tenerife, Canary Islands and 2 weeks in Sofia, Bulgaria- my wife's motherland) and despite all the walking the food there was too good to resist ;)

G

Guest3722A

Read the post

actually I did read it. was trying to get some betty crocker recipes outta ya. heh heh. just kidding. ...but serious, if you have any...

3) do the winter wear I did- ski mask, beanie, leather motorcycle gloves, two pairs of socks, hoodie with hand warmers inside the gloves and toe warmers inside the sock, lol, I still did my 2 cold weather rides in Chicago before I left in shorts though

this is my best option here and i'm just making excuses anyway! time to get up off my a$$ and git er done. when you ride, do you just hit the road and get lost somewhere, or do you have a few parks you like(d) to hit?
and, what kind of bike do you have? thanks

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
I had some nearby paths that I hit up, mostly I did a nice 1.5mi circle by us that turned into laps.

As far as long rides though I had 1 park district, 1 state path and my personal favorite- the Chicago Lakefront Path :)

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
Clint,

I just read your post. Congratulations on utilizing good ole' discipline to reach your weight loss goal.:hurray:

Anthony

ijohnson

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Jan 15, 2011
Dallas, TX
Wow, Vr4Playa!!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!

That was a wonderful blog post documenting your weight loss journey! I'm about to embark on one of my own in a couple of days. I have a domain that's been collecting dust for a couple of years. I'm going to dust that baby off and start blogging and documenting my weight loss journey. I really want to be consistent and follow my plan to the letter to get maximum results. If I'm able to accomplish my goal sooner or lose a significant amount of weight within a short period of time, I think I will create an info-product about how I did it and market it on my health, fitness and wellness blog.

My plan is to lose 50 lbs by July 2, 2011. I would like to lose 20 lbs in 20 days in order to add a "sexy hook" to my info-product. :) However, having some serious back issues and sciatica has really hampered my ability to do a lot of exercising. Walking over 1 mile is even a problem for me now due to severe pain I get in my legs after standing for longer than 15 minutes. Running is completely out of the question!

I'm in search of a healthy eating plan that will work for reducing the calories but not leave me feeling hungry. And, I want to find something that works that I can continue without feeling deprived. I also plan to delve into yoga and pilates to help strengthen my back and stretch my muscles.

I wish you the best with your marathon and your ability to keep the weight off!

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
Thanks ijohnson!

If you're looking for the diet, check out that Tim Ferriss "Lose 20lbs in 30 days without doing exercise" - it's better than a diet because it's eating principles you can maintain such as "stay away from refined carbs", "only eat lean cuts of meat", "keep your fiber intake high" and "eat plenty of dark green veggies."

Best of luck on your journey! I've already lost about 53lbs on mine less than 4 months, however, I owe a great deal of that to daily exercise. Then again, I'm back to eating like a horse, however, I more than make up for it with exercise which can be dangerous as bad eating habits lead to diseases and disorders, namely heart disease and diabetes, even if you are "in shape".

Stay in tune with the blog, I'll be sure to post more progress updates, including a recap of my run tomorrow at the Rock N' Roll Arizona Half Marathon, which I'm expecting to be around 1:45 which extrapolates to about a 3:40 full marathon(factoring in added fatigue in the 2nd half) and a huge step towards my goal of dropping from 4:33 in '09 to a Boston Qualifier of 3:10 or less in the next year or two.

mtinsdale

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 11, 2010
Mesa, AZ
In response to your dieting, you might look at Jorge Cruz, Belly Fat Diet. You can find the book on Amazon. My wife has lost over 50 lbs on this diet, and she doesn't exercise much. It's a life changing event.

TaxGuy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Apr 28, 2008
Goodyear, AZ
New post is up, not only met my PR goal, but I shattered it! Finished at 1:43:16... still have plenty of time to knock off though but I finished in the top 10% not bad considering I weighed in at 229lbs prior to the race, more than practically any of the guys who finished ahead of me ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.