The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane thru Unscripted life to escape the Rat race. At least I hope so!

Mynde

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2021
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here. 1st of all would like to thank you MJ DeMarco for your wonderful books have read 2 so far a fastlane and Unscripted . Very high value and an eye opener. Time to change my life.

My current situation is I am married have 2 children mortgage and a middle payed job which would be enough for most people at my country but not me I want more from life then just scripted scenario…

Since my wife want more from life as well we decided to something and after a while we have noticed there is a gap (no service) which could affect more or less 2/3 of the populations lives in my country. By affecting i mean save time for them, save money, give them momoriable moments, migth learn new skills or trades.
I would be a middle man giving (selling) information on my website to people of a certain services which by now you still have to google it separately depending on your loacation, there is no oneplace to get all of this info just by sorting out your town or your hobbies. My only concern is how would i make money? Is it from traffic on my website and adds or do i need to charge service provider for having his services listed on my website to a direct audience who will most definitely will buy its services or products. But again how do I atract service provider to my website if there is no traffic proof and how do i get traffic if there are no service providers. Where do i start any advices? Do I need make everything completely free and start charging later on once there is decent amount of flow?

For now I have started learning programing because I do not want some one else to do it for me and if this idea fails I will have programing skills to go and try again with another until I hit a jackpot. Please if anyone have any thougths or suggestions do leave a comment.

many thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
This type of directory for service providers and customers has been done countless time before. Have you studied some of them? How do they earn their money? How did they start attracting service providers/visitors? Were the founders programmers themselves?

I believe these sites usually start with a few service providers, then they attract customers for them. When the concept is proven, you contact more service providers or the existing ones and ask them to pay commission, because you now have what they want. The fee is hidden from the customer, so it appears free. But, the customer is not only presented with a list and comparison of service providers, but also reviews/content/information that helps guide them to make the best choice (sometimes the 'best' choice is the service provider who pays you the highest commission-- conflict of interest).

Do you really need to start learning a programming language, to create a prototype of the website?

Which skill is more rare and valuable: knowing how to identify skill and delegate tasks, or how to create a website? Convincing service providers, or putting the service providers on the website?

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
You want a blog and slowly establish it as a high authority?

Mynde

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2021
This type of directory for service providers and customers has been done countless time before. Have you studied some of them? How do they earn their money? How did they start attracting service providers/visitors? Were the founders programmers themselves?

I believe these sites usually start with a few service providers, then they attract customers for them. When the concept is proven, you contact more service providers or the existing ones and ask them to pay commission, because you now have what they want. The fee is hidden from the customer, so it appears free. But, the customer is not only presented with a list and comparison of service providers, but also reviews/content/information that helps guide them to make the best choice (sometimes the 'best' choice is the service provider who pays you the highest commission-- conflict of interest).

Do you really need to start learning a programming language, to create a prototype of the website?

Which skill is more rare and valuable: knowing how to identify skill and delegate tasks, or how to create a website? Convincing service providers, or putting the service providers on the website?
Thank you for your advice i will try to dig more info about the similar websites and how they start. Reason why i want to learn programming is to do it all by my self simply do not have spare 10k to pay some programmers to make a website for me + i dont know if i can trust them they might steal it idk. maybe sound stupid but i have never done something likes this so dont know what to expect from the people that gets involved with building this business if it turns out profitable everyone who helped will want piece of that pie. of course on the other hand i could just make a wordpress website but it will be slow and look cheap and i dont want that. also i can reuse coding skill on future businesse.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mynde

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 17, 2021
You want a blog and slowly establish it as a high authority?
No idea is not a blog. its more like a listing website where you can filter out your location and then you see all the services arround you those services would have reviews so its easier for people to decide which one to pick. All in one website no longer need to google to see what is going on at your town Or the town you want to visit on the weekend.

woken

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Mar 24, 2021
London, UK
No idea is not a blog. its more like a listing website where you can filter out your location and then you see all the services arround you those services would have reviews so its easier for people to decide which one to pick. All in one website no longer need to google to see what is going on at your town Or the town you want to visit on the weekend.
I understand.

You need to define your idea better. I know in your head it all makes sense because you have all the information, but once you define it better, write down the functions of the website then becomes a plan and you know what to look for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.