The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Idea

Idea threads

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
Its been a rollercoaster the past few years but feels good to be back on the Fastlane track.

What do you think about learning data analysis for a start and then software development after.

The aim is to get the employable skillset of a data analyst and then move into software development ( the faslane idea).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
Its been a rollercoaster the past few years but feels good to be back on the Fastlane track.

What do you think about learning data analysis for a start and then software development after.

The aim is to get the employable skillset of a data analyst and then move into software development ( the faslane idea).
Are you learning this at home?

Noo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Apr 21, 2018
Yes
Youtube for now
But I plan to take the google and IBM certification.
I don't know how those work out. I know that there are certifications on the internet that aren't valuable to find a job. It has more to do with the certification itself and the evaluation method.

I guess MOOCs on Coursera and EdX would be more useful, even if you only get the certificate of participation.

peterb0yd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Dec 30, 2019
Data Analysis is easier to learn, unless you go into the math heavy stuff with Data Science.

Either way, you're looking at at least 4-6 months of study before you'll have a good enough grasp of the skill to offer value to a company.

And then you'll have to learn how to market yourself. A whole different subject and skillset. I'd argue the most important one.

Or if you want to build a product on your own, that will take another 3-6 months. Then you'll have to learn how to market that.

Not sure what your background is, but you're in for a long journey my friend.

poepe

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
30%
May 19, 2019
Data Analysis is easier to learn, unless you go into the math heavy stuff with Data Science.

Either way, you're looking at at least 4-6 months of study before you'll have a good enough grasp of the skill to offer value to a company.

And then you'll have to learn how to market yourself. A whole different subject and skillset. I'd argue the most important one.

Or if you want to build a product on your own, that will take another 3-6 months. Then you'll have to learn how to market that.

Not sure what your background is, but you're in for a long journey my friend.
wow

I am sure it would be an interesting one and domain research in my part of the world shows there is limited supply of data analysts.

The main caveat is do you think it's Fastlane?

Mike Stoian

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Dec 24, 2019
The skills themselves are not fastlane. You can get a job with them. That's not fastlane.

What you plan on doing with them, your business itself and the CENTS analysis will say if it's fastlane or not. You haven't mentioned anything about the business yet.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.