The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fashion e-commerce won't sell anymore. What can I do? What is wrong?

Marketing, social media, advertising

gallagher99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
Hey guys, this is actually an e-commerce from my girlfriend, and I'm giving my best to help her.
I'm not sure if we can post our website link here, but it is a fashion e-commerce focusing on gothic and alternative clothes. We live in Rio, Brazil.

Our biggest sales comes within the days when new clothes arrives (new collection), which comes in about once every 40-60 days.
Our biggest marketing is instagram (25,7k followers), facebook (12k likes).
We do e-mail marketing on MailCheat(Chimp), we have a list with around 3k people. Our result here is not really good when e-mailing.

Website is nicely done in Wix platform and we have 2 payment methods. Product selling price is fine and not abusive.

We created a really nice culture with our product, our clients like them so much that they take pictures and they tag our store on instagram, which is really nice way of marketing. Our photos on insta get around 200~500 likes, sometimes above 1k.

We are doing a giveaway on facebook right now, and we send some products to some famous bloggers that are in our niche so they post on instagram and can boost our sale.

We yet don't do SEO, nor use salesforce, nor use google analytics. (Our knowledge gotta increase, we gotta study about this, if you guys could recommend topics in this area I'd appreciate)
We do everything better than our competitors, our product is better, our website is better, but still they have more sales and more followers on instagram/facebook.

For some reason our sales are stuck, we are not getting any more sales recently. There are no more than 3 days that we launched a new collection, we just did the giveaway, we did the e-mail marketing, we are constantly posting on facebook/instagram our product.
We don't sell internationally yet, but are in our plans.

What could be wrong?
Any ideas?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Chinobey

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Jul 19, 2017
England
Did you consistently have good sales previously? You mentioned the most sales are made when a new collection comes in maybe the new collection this time around was not to peoples tastes hence the decrease in sales?

Another factor is do you sell clothing for all seasons? Not to point out the obvious but if you only sell clothing for spring/summer sales will start to decline.

Also, delivery times can be a major factor in whether or not customers return, is your delivery on par with competitors? If your product is identical to competitors and you charge $2 less but their delivery times are days quicker customers will likely still use them as people tend to be very impatient.

gallagher99

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
Feb 18, 2015
Did you consistently have good sales previously? You mentioned the most sales are made when a new collection comes in maybe the new collection this time around was not to peoples tastes hence the decrease in sales?

Another factor is do you sell clothing for all seasons? Not to point out the obvious but if you only sell clothing for spring/summer sales will start to decline.

Also, delivery times can be a major factor in whether or not customers return, is your delivery on par with competitors? If your product is identical to competitors and you charge $2 less but their delivery times are days quicker customers will likely still use them as people tend to be very impatient.

Sales were consistently decent before. But now it seems to be stuck, for some reason.
Not making sales is hurting the finances a lot.

I'll talk to her about the other points you mentioned

Johann G.

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 1, 2016
Hey guys, this is actually an e-commerce from my girlfriend, and I'm giving my best to help her.
I'm not sure if we can post our website link here, but it is a fashion e-commerce focusing on gothic and alternative clothes. We live in Rio, Brazil.

Our biggest sales comes within the days when new clothes arrives (new collection), which comes in about once every 40-60 days.
Our biggest marketing is instagram (25,7k followers), facebook (12k likes).
We do e-mail marketing on MailCheat(Chimp), we have a list with around 3k people. Our result here is not really good when e-mailing.

Website is nicely done in Wix platform and we have 2 payment methods. Product selling price is fine and not abusive.

We created a really nice culture with our product, our clients like them so much that they take pictures and they tag our store on instagram, which is really nice way of marketing. Our photos on insta get around 200~500 likes, sometimes above 1k.

We are doing a giveaway on facebook right now, and we send some products to some famous bloggers that are in our niche so they post on instagram and can boost our sale.

We yet don't do SEO, nor use salesforce, nor use google analytics. (Our knowledge gotta increase, we gotta study about this, if you guys could recommend topics in this area I'd appreciate)
We do everything better than our competitors, our product is better, our website is better, but still they have more sales and more followers on instagram/facebook.

For some reason our sales are stuck, we are not getting any more sales recently. There are no more than 3 days that we launched a new collection, we just did the giveaway, we did the e-mail marketing, we are constantly posting on facebook/instagram our product.
We don't sell internationally yet, but are in our plans.

What could be wrong?
Any ideas?

Have you guys done ads?

It is good that you saw the need to start doing SEO and to learn it though. I would suggest getting someone to do it for you guys as you learn for faster results (budget for it).

When it comes to your email marketing, what's your copy like? Is it more informational? What's your call to action? BUY NOW! GET IT WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! etc.

Do you know your email conversion rate?
Conversion Rate (%) = # of signups or purchases / # of Successfully Delivered Emails X 100

PM me if you'd like me to take a look and offer suggestions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.