The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

Farmer's Eggs: marketplace and delivery??

Idea threads

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 28, 2023
Personally, I get an upset stomach from grocery store eggs, even free range ones. What people recommend is getting them at the farmer's market which not only go down easy but taste great.

I was thinking, not many people have time to go to the farmer's market or even know which supplier to choose from. So I was thinking, why not have a marketplace (website) that lists the suppliers, where you can also have the option to have a sampler from each supplier to see which is best for you. And than delivery to the door (think farmer's eggs should be ok to sit in front of your door without refridgeration).

Also eggs should be fairly easy to transport when i start delivering solo. Feedback appreciated as always.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigRig

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jun 11, 2024
I actually can comment on this. My parents sell eggs and there are a couple farms around me that sell them.

What you have going for you is that farms who sell eggs often have too many eggs. They know they're desirable, but sometimes its easy to have a surplus and nowhere to put them. My parents give me cartons whenever I visit them.

What could be a downside is that often these farms decide to just leave them on the side of the road and let human honesty decide whether they'll get paid for them. (My parents have had people steal the full cooler before). I think people kind of love the simplicity of it “leave $5 please!”. Its not a huge deal if they get stolen because they have so many.

There is a company that started up in the UK that created an egg vending machine. My parents were interested but its kind of expensive and you’d need power to run it obviously.

One major downside is that if you’re selling eggs, you may already be running a CSA farmshare. Where the farmer supplies the eggs in a weekly bag of local farm produce picked up by customers. So it might be hard to compete with a CSA program.

Now, maybe you could just make a simple “egg finder”? but I don’t know the longevity of that.

Sterling729

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Oct 28, 2023
I actually can comment on this. My parents sell eggs and there are a couple farms around me that sell them.

What you have going for you is that farms who sell eggs often have too many eggs. They know they're desirable, but sometimes its easy to have a surplus and nowhere to put them. My parents give me cartons whenever I visit them.

What could be a downside is that often these farms decide to just leave them on the side of the road and let human honesty decide whether they'll get paid for them. (My parents have had people steal the full cooler before). I think people kind of love the simplicity of it “leave $5 please!”. Its not a huge deal if they get stolen because they have so many.

There is a company that started up in the UK that created an egg vending machine. My parents were interested but its kind of expensive and you’d need power to run it obviously.

One major downside is that if you’re selling eggs, you may already be running a CSA farmshare. Where the farmer supplies the eggs in a weekly bag of local farm produce picked up by customers. So it might be hard to compete with a CSA program.

Now, maybe you could just make a simple “egg finder”? but I don’t know the longevity of that.
That's interesting. I guess it would be quite viable to potentially get a bulk deal by dealing with the farms directly. At the farmer's market in Toronto, it's like 10 CAD for a dozen.
In my mind, eggs are very portable (can put stacks and cases in a van) and desired by pretty much everyone. Near where I live, the St Lawrence farmer's market only really sells eggs on the weekend when they have a fresh produce tent from the farms. I'm not exactly sure why they don't just keep them in the market vendors throughout the week though. I guess if I can help bridge the gap of farms having fresh eggs and customers who don't have time to go down to the market on the weekend, there's a good opportunity there.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.