The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Facebook screwing 6-7 figure businesses, never forget CONTROL

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Thinh

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 11, 2018

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
While that was INCREDIBLY shady of Facebook, I highly doubt that was the only reason CollegeHumor died off.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
As things stand, FaceBook is just not nearly as good for consuming video content imo.

Also, why would college humor have to go all in on one platform? I think they are declining because they’re not as good anymore.

MπR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
Facebook is evil! And the fine is a joke. And as long as fines for manupalations like this are cheaper than the gains nothing will change.
You also see this in the banking sector.

Also the quasi monopoly of FB is helping them.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Fb so weird lately. Been hearing of a crazy amount of ad accounts being shut down this last week or so. Most untrustworthy company to have to rely on.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm confused. So FB faked viewership data and entire industries shifted their focus because of it?

While this is indeed malicious, I don't think it would be the lynchpin for the failures in these businesses. Perhaps a factor, but not the leading one.

Years ago I could make a FB post on my fan page, one with 150K users, and could get tens of thousands of views. When that was the outcome, I focused more on it. Now it barely gets 1K per post unless I want to pay to play. Promote this post! Now I don't focus on it.

And yes, it re-emphasized the risk in building on platforms you don't own. Now I see FB is focusing on GROUPS. I'm tempted to investigate but I know that also will end up a power grab. I'm absolutely sure there's benefits, but weighted to the investment time that must go into it, not sure... and I'm not sure that's worth the risk.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Danczyk

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Feb 20, 2019
Belarus
Fb so weird lately. Been hearing of a crazy amount of ad accounts being shut down this last week or so. Most untrustworthy company to have to rely on.

I don't do FB ads but only those last 2 days I saw 2 of the FB guys I trust say their accounts were banned. Something is going on.

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
While I don't discount the shadiness of Facebook (the whole platform is problematic) I have a hard time believing that an entire comedy industry was "decimated" because of this.

You're telling me not one of those companies had the sense to react? If your videos are up 900% but your monetization strategy suddenly isn't returning, would you not test the content elsewhere? Sure, Facebook holds a lot of responsibility since people tend to buy ads based on performance metrics like viewership. But if the phrase is "you've got to spend money to make money," at what point do you stop spending if you're not making?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.