The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Expiring hosting and motivation loss - any suggestions ?

J_PAL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 21, 2008
What should I do ? I created website that first had potential in my eyes but having difficulties to stay on Google rankings has put my vision for this website down.

But now my hosting expired and looks like dead end. My website was created back in 2007 and is 2 years old. Had 9000 product pages indexed but now only 500. Ranked better than Amazon with some of my products but Google dropped me off what seemed to be penalty. Sent reconsideration and got my rankings back up. Started to generate ~100 visitors per day again but Google has no interest of reindexing more than 500 pages anymore.

No money to pay for the hosting. Should I let go with it and just forget the whole thing and start something new ? I have developed the whole thing except Joomla! on what it's running. Website is like shopping comparison for watches Watches For Discussion | The Age of Watches with forums, blogs, articles and news. Had vision of creating watch community with price comparison. Give people as much information as possible and help customers decide what to buy and where to buy.

I haven't done much to the site since christmas (christmas tree on top right :rofl:). There was a period when I was selling watch a day but it lasted for few days until problems with google began. Just after I added more stores for better price comparison.

Right now I have absolutely no motivation. I created the whole thing - design, coding, comparison and got into routine of developing the website (coding and making it better) but not making it success.

What would you suggest ? Do you see any business in this portal/website ? Should I find partner to run it with or just end it and move on. I was a bit stuck to this website for a year with no obvious results. I appreciate your help!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
Well, the site has a seemingly nice layout minus being so small and constricted. Anything in the watch field is going to take a lot of work. If you are going to keep it and move forward i would suggest really digging into it and start optimizing all your posts, articles, comparisons etc. It looks like you had a good start but things like this take time to get ranked and it takes work.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Sell it. How much do you want for it? Make it cheap so people take it off your hands, and be done with it.

J_PAL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Sep 21, 2008
Seems like it needs some offsite work along with the articles and news. Off site might make Google crawl it more and get it reindexed. Have done serious thinking about making it my priority again but probably wont do it alone anymore. Thanks for the comment LightHouse.

Andviv, selling ideas have been lurking in my head for few months. Didn't know it's so hard to let go of something that has taken so much time.

Haven't sold any website over the net yet. Sitepoint would be good to list for price info ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
How much can hosting be costing you for this site?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.