The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Expert in a day

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
If you could become an expert in one area related to business in one day, what would it be? This could range from SEO, learning HTML, Social Marketing, to how to start a publishing company.

For me, the topic would be website security to the point where I can protect my website from any type of security threat.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Hmm... Customer Acquisition seems pretty important :D

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Interesting question! Website security, I can see that, especially if you're dealing with financial transactions.

For me, it would be SEO, definitely. Unlike other things, I'm not sure I'd entrust it to anyone else. And if you have great SEO, you can get great traffic, which can earn you great money, which means you can outsource much of the other stuff if that's your preference.

I'll be interested to hear what others think.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
How to write copy at a high level.

If you can write good copy, people will click on the ads you write, sign up for the newsletters you create, buy the products you tell them to buy. If you can't make lots of money with that skill you can't make money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jaywolf

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 31, 2012
If you could become an expert in one area related to business in one day, what would it be? This could range from SEO, learning HTML, Social Marketing, to how to start a publishing company.

I think that being an expert in driving traffic to your business/websites would be the most valuable skill. You can have THE BEST product, system or software out there, but if no one knows about it, you're going to get nowhere.

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
Expert in one day? Sounds like "opportunity chasers" market copy.

How to become well known on a global scale (and in connection with a company) and how to leverage that in the business.
Study the best business self promoters out there, but you won't become an expert in one day, that's guaranteed. A good publicist goes a long way, the only problem is there aren't many good ones around.

How to write copy at a high level.

I would rather say - how to write, so it's interesting and makes every word count. Whenever we say "copy" a lot of people mean long-form. Compare short-form, tight and interesting sites that focus on PR and WOM and the ones that focus on long-form persuasion. Anyone can name at least 20 multi-billion and multi-tens-of-million dollar sites in the former, but not many can name any in the latter - maybe Agora Publishing, which only proves the rule.

The less you say to make a sale, the better salesman you are. The best salesman in the world doesn't utter a word - customer comes, persuaded by WOM, takes it off the shelf, pays, leaves and recommends you to his acquaintances and later comes back again and again to buy something else.

On a website it is impossible to not say anything and still get the sale (empty websites don't aspire confidence - have no idea why :) ), but strive to say as much in as little verbosity as possible.

Try hard to not be a tryhard.

theBiz

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jul 9, 2009
NY
sales

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA

Brander

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Jun 3, 2011
Australia, USA, Europe
that is how I described it, that is what I meant.

Sure, but the intended audience of my post wasn't you or people like us, I was talking to the ones who lurk and when they hear "copy", they frequently think - bombastic long-form sales-letters. Personally I avoid the "copy" word because it has too much baggage, especially in the online world of scams and schemes. Writing used to be called - writing. Good, bad, persuasive or not.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.