The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Experience with Intermodal Wealth, buying shipping containers 13.5% ROI?

Anything related to investing, including crypto

cmartell1200020

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 5, 2013
Hi, I'm researching a Fastline idea now, but beforehand I had stumbled across a company called Intermodal Wealth, which invites investors to purchase 20-40 ft shipping containers used on rail and cargo ships and lease them out to major transportation companies, with a guaranteed 13.5% ROI for amounts of less than 500K, and 16% for amounts of 500K and over. The company manages the containers for investors, places the container with a lessee, collects payments, takes their fee out of those payments, and sends the balance in a check to the investor, which is the 13.5% return. Investors are free from liability, maintenance costs, and basically any responsibilities of the container, and can write off some or all of it using sec. 179. Investors can also sell back their containers to IW at any time for at least what they paid for it or maybe more, depending on the market and how much material costs rise for the manufacturing of new containers. Lessees are leasing these containers from investors because of banks clamming up during the recession, and also because they can write off leasing expenses and leave capital freed up instead of tying it up by purchasing their own containers.

Has anybody had any dealings with this company? Intermodal Wealth - Home. Others in the same business include Pacific Tycoon and World Container, Inc.

I contacted the company and spoke and emailed their sales rep Dean Springer at length for over a month, questioning and researching this. I looked everywhere online and contacted other investors as well as the container supplier to IW. I then purchased a container at the end of 2012, and have received checks on time since then.

But given that a few slowlaners and pedestrians I have mentioned this to tell me this makes no sense and that this is a scam, I would like to still keep checking. I understand the whole process, but still question why something that is making such good returns for me seems to be unheard of to most everybody else.

If this business is legit like I think it is, then inside of a few years, I can be generating enough passive income to live off of.

Any replies would be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ikke

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Jul 20, 2012
Netherlands
Through a Houston company called Intermodal Wealth, John Patrick Acord and Steven Patrick Jones offered shipping-container-related investments that were suspicious on two fronts. First, the investments weren't registered, as required by law, and second, they promised guaranteed returns of at least 13% a year. Both men also have a background chock full of fraud, according to an Emergency Cease and Desist Order entered July 20. Jones, an Illinois resident who used the alias John Delano, has been twice convicted of federal securities fraud charges and sentenced to prison; has been sanctioned and fined by the SEC in separate cases; has four federal tax liens pending against him; and owes $1 million from a bankruptcy court judgment in Houston.

Source: Bulletin 2012

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
http://www.ssb.state.tx.us/Enforcement/files/1718.pdf

Just to take a look. It has some older dates in it but I think it is still relevant. You may be on to something there though. I like the Idea thats for sure.
Source: Bulletin 2012

LOL.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/investing-trading/45918-how-many-you-idiots-want-give-me-money.html

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Astute

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Jun 19, 2012
London, UK
Can see this turning into a complete legal mess when a container falls off a ship, or someone takes legal action against the shipping company for hundreds of thousands of dollars of damages because the container is rusty / allowing water in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.