The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Exectuion of a product on a Global scale

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

edim

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 20, 2020
BiH
Hi everyone.

I wanted to talk about how would you go about developing, testing, iterating on a product and then taking it through the production steps.

I know this is the most general question you could ask, so I'll try to make it a bit more specific.
The product needs financing, either on my own, independently or from an outside investment since the independet resources are not enough for the whole process, but can probabbly be enough to patent the idea and create a couple of prototypes or versions. The product itself isn't that expensive to make and the process of manufacturing can be mostly automated, so it is fairly scalable. However, I am not sure if I should start off with making a patent, creating NDAs for investors and if they amount to anything when it comes to product creation and honoring deals, how to protect myself from the idea being stolen and done on a bigger scale than I can afford? Also is it better from your perspective to find investors locally or try to get someone internationally.
Also on the topic of idea stealing, is any given product bound to be copied and made more affordable through Chinese markets if the demand for it is high enough?

The short story behind this product is that I found a different perspective on a common problem and I think that anyone that can implement this correctcly can probabbly achieve returns that can near a billion, but getting into such a huge indrustry and providing a different take on a problem is guaranteed to cause some headaches from the current industry leaders.Another advantage/disadvantage is that I don't live in the US nor in any big market so any sales that could occur would need good logistics and I can't bring much value when it comes to that.

In the end, do you think such a big scale idea / product is worth pursuing, or would you reccomend just selling the patent at the start?

If I am off-topic or just plain stupid for asking such questions please do let me know. I am a newbie when it comes to this forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.