The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Excuses

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
ok thats great, tell me, whats wrong with my mindset.

In case you haven't figured this out yet, this is probably not the forum for you at this time of your life. You have asked a lot of questions and have received reasonable answers. You do not comprehend enough for this forum to help you. This is no insult to you, this forum is not for everyone.

Good luck on your journey.

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
In case you haven't figured this out yet, this is probably not the forum for you at this time of your life. You have asked a lot of questions and have received reasonable answers. You do not comprehend enough for this forum to help you. This is no insult to you, this forum is not for everyone.

Maybe I enjoy hitting my head on a brick wall, but I still think he can be helped. I remember what it's like to believe those sad thoughts. I remember how frustrating it is to think you're asking great questions, but not be.

So, I'm sorry Gray0920. I'm sorry for not being specific enough.

@Gray0920

Here's what I did and what I recommend to improve your mindset.

1. Read the following thread: The Astonishing Secrets That zen******* Never Told You... Exposed
  2. Join the Gary Halbert Challenge: Gary Halbert 30 Day Challenge Copywriting Group
And funnily enough, all you've got to do is read what's recommended: the books, letters, and newsletters. Because after that, your mind can't help but change. Your mind can't help but grow. And all you did was read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Maybe I enjoy hitting my head on a brick wall, but I still think he can be helped. I remember what it's like to believe those sad thoughts. I remember how frustrating it is to think you're asking great questions, but not be.

So, I'm sorry Gray0920. I'm sorry for not being specific enough.

@Gray0920

Here's what I did and what I recommend to improve your mindset.

1. Read the following thread: The Astonishing Secrets That zen******* Never Told You... Exposed
  2. Join the Gary Halbert Challenge: Gary Halbert 30 Day Challenge Copywriting Group
And funnily enough, all you've got to do is read what's recommended: the books, letters, and newsletters. Because after that, your mind can't help but change. Your mind can't help but grow. And all you did was read.

Good on you for trying. Reading words and comprehending concepts are two different things. I wish you well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

sle3pyguii

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Aug 19, 2012
most advice im getting is completely irrelevant, i appreciate the responses but

i suppose its just plain difficult to even ask questions online because people assume that you dont know this or dont know that, people just assume everything about a person based on words being typed

i appreciate all the responses, honestly. iv every gold thread multiple times. i gave up every aspect of my life to study how to become a fastlaner.
no friends, no family, no sex, barely any food, no games, no fun, i dont have time for that crap i work 11-9:30 mon-fri, i wake up at 5am everyday to start reading

doesnt leave much time to read. If i knew how to start a business, i would, all the advice is general general. no specifics at all. i should learn to code? it would take 10 years to teach yourself how to code like a professional coder.... teaching myself how to code a little wouldnt make a difference i would still need to hire a coder, cant without money. and someone said start small go on craigslist and flip stuff. i just dont understand that at all, how is that a fastlane business plan. buy something for 15 bucks, re sell is for 20? it would take a while to sell as well, how is that worth it at all? so much info, too many kind of business's. no mentors

Ill try to be concise about this.
- No money? The forums have told you how. There's even a thread that flipped starting with $0. No it's not fastlane, but it'll get you capital.
- Need a coder? The forums have told you how. Use the search function.
- No idea? The forums have told you how. Use the search function.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It's not helping anyone, especially not yourself.

No one is going to give you specific answers. If you're expecting us to give you specific answers now, chances are you'll be asking for it throughout the ENTIRE process.

Good luck to you.

G

GuestUser113

i suppose its just plain difficult to even ask questions online because people assume that you dont know this or dont know that, people just assume everything about a person based on words being typed

i appreciate all the responses, honestly. iv every gold thread multiple times. i gave up every aspect of my life to study how to become a fastlaner.
no friends, no family, no sex, barely any food, no games, no fun, i dont have time for that crap i work 11-9:30 mon-fri, i wake up at 5am everyday to start reading

doesnt leave much time to read. If i knew how to start a business, i would, all the advice is general general. no specifics at all. i should learn to code? it would take 10 years to teach yourself how to code like a professional coder.... teaching myself how to code a little wouldnt make a difference i would still need to hire a coder, cant without money. and someone said start small go on craigslist and flip stuff. i just dont understand that at all, how is that a fastlane business plan. buy something for 15 bucks, re sell is for 20? it would take a while to sell as well, how is that worth it at all? so much info, too many kind of business's. no mentors

action. go do something. fail. pick yourself up. fail. pick yourself up. fail. pick yourself up. fail. pick yourself up. you learn by failing. non of us here are going to hold your hand sir. luckily for us mj created a tool to go by. we can't answer your questions on rather you should do this or not.

fail. pick yourself up. success

I watch this every morning when I get up.

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
If you think you just getting general advice then put your business idea on the shelf and start something simple like a lawn service, or, something. I googled an idea and found a link. This is getting silly since you say you getting no answers and nobody can help you. Help is here and here is a link I googled. I aint speaking no more. http://www.businessinsider.com/entr...s-you-can-execute-upon-right-now-2010-12?op=1

p.s. reread my other post it is similar. Excuses

P.P.S. Read randomnumber314 post on starting a lawn service:[Almost everyone has this problem] I don´t know how to make money, help pls? :D

ShannaGrace

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Mar 1, 2014
Google and Youtube. The best Free University in the world. If others can teach themselves so can you. Wordpress if free. Hosting with a domain name I can get for 12.00 a year. Amazon, doesn't cost a dime to start, or square or I am sure several others. Fiverr.com is my best friend. Start looking for answers not excuses.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA

BULL SHIT. It's all bullshit, everything you've typed. You're looking for someone to tell you what business to start, and how to start it. THAT IS LITERALLY THE THING NO ONE CAN TELL YOU.

You need to mature your outlook on life and the world. Do this. Take a week off of work and go shadow someone who has started their own company. I don't mean ask Mark Cuban if you can follow him around, I mean someone who owns a gas station, lawn mowing company, pet store. Someone who went from idea to business. They can tell you what they did, but that is all anyone can do. Only you can decide how you're going to build XX company.

Your b.s. excuses are boring. I bought a few people lunch and landed a job where I was taught to be a developer. I had ZERO knowledge of programming. Know how I learned? Youtube, google and building a bunch of sites and programs. I run that small internet company now, and I do it in the evenings. I also know how hard internet/software companies recruit, meaning if you actually wanted it, you'd already have it.

Flipping stuff isn't a fastlane? Why not? What is a retail company? Buy stuff for X sell for XX.

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
You can't overcome your excuses because you are trying to fix all those problems in one go, and the enormity of the task is something you are not ready for.

You need to work on three things.

1) Learning more
2) Learning 'process'
3) Learning to break up goals into small tasks and handling them ONE PROBLEM AT A TIME.

This is your head right now:

'i have no money no knowledge no confidence no coding ability no sales ability i cant write copy i want to build a business i need to hire a coder build the product build the website market it to potential clients pay my coder this will all take money i don't have money omg omg omg omg FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!'

Slow down. Breathe. You don't need to 'guys i need 2 fastlane 2moro' Fix ONE. PROBLEM. AT. A. TIME. You don't have money? Save a bit more? (You don't need much) Maybe wait tables for a week/month? Sell the coffee maker and use a kettle? Shit, anything. But SOLVE THAT. Forget the fastlane. Forget business. Forget CENTS. Solve that one problem. Get $10-30 (whatever your metric). When that is done, tick it off your mental list. Then go to this thread.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/co...education-no-problem.52285/page-2#post-364138

Follow the instructions in this thread. None of them cost any money except the hosting for the website (DON'T THINK ABOUT THE WEBSITE!)

Follow ICK's steps ONE BY ONE. You don't need to rush. If you don't know copy, go do the Gary Halbert Challenge, and do it at your own pace. The important thing is to do ONLY THAT, AND NOTHING ELSE. BUSINESS IS IRRELEVANT TO YOU AT THIS POINT!

If you can learn to be CONSISTENT with ONE SINGLE THING and keep knocking SINGLE PROCESSES out the park, guess what?

:D

P.S.

Do one thing at a time.

P.P.S.

Do one thing at a time.

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013

I reject your reality and substitute my own

No one can make up the difference BUT YOU
I bet as she was falling she was like "oh sh#t this can't be happening" and then as she skidded across the floor she was like "no, I refuse", and then as she got up "I will get to the front!" and nothing else.

Then she was the hunter, and they were the prey.
And through that little story that happened in her mind rewiring, she actually f#cking DID IT

See her speed, its the speed of belief

Last edited:

SYK

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Mar 24, 2014
Say to yourself "one day I will be dead" and then see if you still give yourself excuses. Morbid yet effective. It's amazing the stimulus your mortality can provide.

mattandshana

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
May 20, 2014
Virginia
Here are my excuses, all of which I dont understand how to overcome

why havent I started a business yet:

- no money
- no connections
- ideas are everywhere, everyone has ideas for business's, dont know what to do with an idea, where to start
- if its a physical product, how do you go about manufacturing it
- cant code, cant hire a coder, no money
- dont understand where to start
- if i had an idea for an online product, cant hire a coder to make it, it takes months to code it

i have others as well

I understand the majority of the mindset of fastlaners, despite everything I said typed. However, still dont understand how to get started. Im broke, i cant even afford to spend 10 a month to become an INSIDERS, how important is it to become an INSIDERS and have access to the INSIDERS posts?
I think the first thing you need to do is develop a little faith in yourself. Do some inner analysis and decide that you are good enough to succeed... once you've done that , then maybe all of the barriers that you perceive will begin to shrink and, eventually, they will become mere stepping stones to your ultimate outcome.

Best of Luck,

Matt and Shana

G

Gray0920

you cant just say leave the forum because your too lost to comprehend anything
im not going anywhere pal, im obsessed
my mindset is wrong
point me in the direction that will fix my mindset.
whats wrong with my mindset.
thats like telling a 300 lb guy "go home the gym isnt for you, your mindset is wrong"

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
you cant just say leave the forum because your too lost to comprehend anything
im not going anywhere pal, im obsessed
my mindset is wrong
point me in the direction that will fix my mindset.
whats wrong with my mindset.
thats like telling a 300 lb guy "go home the gym isnt for you, your mindset is wrong"

Talk is cheap big boy. Take some action and prove you are obsessed. Find the $10 a month for the INSIDERS subscription and show us you are as tough a you think you are.

Until that time comes, I won't take up any more of your time.

Last edited:
G

Gray0920

Ill try to be concise about this.
- No money? The forums have told you how. There's even a thread that flipped starting with $0. No it's not fastlane, but it'll get you capital.
- Need a coder? The forums have told you how. Use the search function.
- No idea? The forums have told you how. Use the search function.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself. It's not helping anyone, especially not yourself.

No one is going to give you specific answers. If you're expecting us to give you specific answers now, chances are you'll be asking for it throughout the ENTIRE process.

Good luck to you.

no monday to hire a coder
ideas are the easy part....
flipping products on ebay and craigslist to make 10 bucks for each product i actually sell...for hours of work, how is that a good idea

G

Gray0920

action. go do something. fail. pick yourself up. fail. pick yourself up. fail. pick yourself up. fail. pick yourself up. you learn by failing. non of us here are going to hold your hand sir. luckily for us mj created a tool to go by. we can't answer your questions on rather you should do this or not.

fail. pick yourself up. success

I watch this every morning when I get up.

your not understanding me

i cant fail because i dont UNDERSTAND how to begin

i dont care about failure...

Unknown

Fastlane-ish
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 31, 2014
at the point he cant afford 10 bucks a month, he needs to start at getting a job.
if he cant afford 10 bucks a month, he cant flip things on craigs list very well either, since he has to BUY before he SELLS.

getting a job will give him enough money to start someplace.

Z

While I agree he should get a job (apparently a better job), he could technically get free things from Freecycle or yard sales (people give away tons of stuff at the end of a yard sale) and sell them on Craigslist. He could then work his way up from there. If you have a problem selling things you got from Freecycle, then give something away on Freecycle after you've made enough money to do so.

G

Gray0920

BULL SHIT. It's all bullshit, everything you've typed. You're looking for someone to tell you what business to start, and how to start it. THAT IS LITERALLY THE THING NO ONE CAN TELL YOU.

You need to mature your outlook on life and the world. Do this. Take a week off of work and go shadow someone who has started their own company. I don't mean ask Mark Cuban if you can follow him around, I mean someone who owns a gas station, lawn mowing company, pet store. Someone who went from idea to business. They can tell you what they did, but that is all anyone can do. Only you can decide how you're going to build XX company.

Your b.s. excuses are boring. I bought a few people lunch and landed a job where I was taught to be a developer. I had ZERO knowledge of programming. Know how I learned? Youtube, google and building a bunch of sites and programs. I run that small internet company now, and I do it in the evenings. I also know how hard internet/software companies recruit, meaning if you actually wanted it, you'd already have it.

Flipping stuff isn't a fastlane? Why not? What is a retail company? Buy stuff for X sell for XX.

i cant afford to go buy a meal at mcdonalds. i cant call business owners and say "hey, i have questions for you, let me take you to lunch with money i dont have and grill you with questions."

remember, no money. retails companies are big...not craigslist. how would i even flip something. buy a sofa for 200, then vacuum it and resell it for 250? not understanding, also, i cant buy stuff i dont have any room to put it, honestly. my room is about the size of a jail cell, i dont have room for anything

P.S. Im not a troll. im asking questions because i want to understand how to start. and if i started a business, why WOULDNT i ask a million questions along the way, i could make terrible decisions that could set me back YEARS, when i can get help on here to prevent massive mistakes. yes i understand you have to fail and make mistakes but why not get help along the way

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
i cant afford to go buy a meal at mcdonalds. i cant call business owners and say "hey, i have questions for you, let me take you to lunch with money i dont have and grill you with questions."

remember, no money. retails companies are big...not craigslist. how would i even flip something. buy a sofa for 200, then vacuum it and resell it for 250? not understanding, also, i cant buy stuff i dont have any room to put it, honestly. my room is about the size of a jail cell, i dont have room for anything

P.S. Im not a troll. im asking questions because i want to understand how to start. and if i started a business, why WOULDNT i ask a million questions along the way, i could make terrible decisions that could set me back YEARS, when i can get help on here to prevent massive mistakes. yes i understand you have to fail and make mistakes but why not get help along the way

Go do something people will pay you to do. I have a hard time believing you're not a troll. This is my last post on this epic fail of a thread.

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
Newsflash. You don't need money to cold call. Google for Dane Maxwell or google for Idea Extraction Script.

By the end of this week you should have something to report to us.

I called a carpet cleaning business on Tuesday and he screamed "don't ever call me again you [fill in your choice of expletives]"

Give us some action stories.

No more of this "I can't" business.

More "This is what I did TODAY, how can I do it better?" "This is what I WILL do TOMORROW, how's that?"

You know. A plan.

An action plan.

G

Gray0920

Say to yourself "one day I will be dead" and then see if you still give yourself excuses. Morbid yet effective. It's amazing the stimulus your mortality can provide.

I say thinks like this everyday

Before studying business and this forum Iv studied self improvement for years, so i know a few things about that

G

Gray0920

Newsflash. You don't need money to cold call. Google for Dane Maxwell or google for Idea Extraction Script.

By the end of this week you should have something to report to us.

I called a carpet cleaning business on Tuesday and he screamed "don't ever call me again you [fill in your choice of expletives]"

Give us some action stories.

No more of this "I can't" business.

More "This is what I did TODAY, how can I do it better?" "This is what I WILL do TOMORROW, how's that?"

You know. A plan.

An action plan.

lol I've been wanting to do that...dude

cold calling and getting a problem is EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!

its what to do AFTER.

i cant hire ANYONE...

understand...??

davedev

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
372%
Jun 3, 2013
Florida
its what to do AFTER.
i cant hire ANYONE...

No Excuses

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=i found a problem how do i get people to pay me for it?

This is the 4th link. http://www.carlmattiola.com/how-to-find-problems-people-will-pay-you-to-solve-part-1/

Google-Fu Master. It takes 15 seconds to earn a black belt.

No Excuses.

EDIT

So what did we learn here? Well, if you play it right, people will pay you upfront to solve a problem. So boom, there goes the money issue.

Ok so I got the money, how do I hire people?

Hiring is a skill. Read and learn from the thousands of people who burnt their asses on that hot skillets called "Elance" and "Odesk". Google for programming tests. Join tons of podcasts. OH I KNOW.

Email Carl directly. :D

Last edited:

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
No Excuses

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=i found a problem how do i get people to pay me for it?

This is the 4th link. http://www.carlmattiola.com/how-to-find-problems-people-will-pay-you-to-solve-part-1/

Google-Fu Master. It takes 15 seconds to earn a black belt.

No Excuses.

EDIT

So what did we learn here? Well, if you play it right, people will pay you upfront to solve a problem. So boom, there goes the money issue.

Ok so I got the money, how do I hire people?

Hiring is a skill. Read and learn from the thousands of people who burnt their asses on that hot skillets called "Elance" and "Odesk". Google for programming tests. Join tons of podcasts. OH I KNOW.

Email Carl directly. :D

I'm afraid this wont work,lol.

IAmTheJeff

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Mar 5, 2014
Philadelphia, Pa
lol I've been wanting to do that...dude

its what to do AFTER.

i cant hire ANYONE...

understand...??
What problem have you found? Do your cold calling first, find the problem that SOMEONE ELSE needs solved (NOT YOURSELF), come back, share it (no one here will steal it), and I bet you'll have AT LEAST 10 people here that will more than willingly throwing million dollar advice at you. Action. That's what will get you what you want. Do those calls, get the problem, and ask for help after.

When you finally do that one SINPLE, EASY TASK, come back. Fixing the problem won't be a 15 second process, easily executed in the same phone call. THATS where the brilliant minds here will help. THATS when your mindset will change.

To summarize: you want to change your mindset. Ok. Call people, find the problem (this alone will change your mindset), come back, ask questions about how to execute part 2.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
troll+1.png

D11FYY

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Mar 13, 2013
Glasgow, Scotland
I agree this is getting ridiculous.

I laugh as well how you keep telling yourself no about the money but you only work 40 hours per week and complain about having no time or money?
You need to have a hard look in the mirror or give your self a slap.
The people here are happy to help and give advice to people who want to learn and soak it up like a sponge.
So go find a need and come back in a few weeks. Prove something to yourself and us.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.