The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Everyone's doing web design

A post of a ranting nature...

sfarieri

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Oct 11, 2020
Long Island, NY
Literally everyone in this forum is going for web design / web development biz, or anything close to that. Is it still a good choice in 2021?
Personally, don't ever see web design being a bad choice. Businesses pop up every day.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Not everyone can knock on doors and sell. Not everyone can create the same website.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Literally everyone in this forum is going for web design / web development biz, or anything close to that. Is it still a good choice in 2021?

Lots and lots of money in it. Real big $$$! Just listen to @Kak radio show. I mean Kyle is all about no employees, web design business. How you dress doesn’t matter and all the greatest hits! That’s why you are right, all of us here are web designers and copywriters.
Also, don’t get a dog, it’s too much work.

BABD16CF-1429-4AF6-AFE0-EDB18907E5E2.gif

(Inside jokes, stick around and you may find them a little funny).

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
It depends on the industry. I'm in the marketing industry and from my experience most marketers are always approaching either e-commerce brands or fitness supplements since there's so many of them. Why? Because that's where most money is made and everyone is approaching these clients with the same spiel: "Hey, if you pay me $3000, I'll bring you hundreds of leads in the next couple days", and these companies/owners hear that very often. Doesn't mean that you can't make it but it's a lot harder for you to standout. You're essentially fighting for 1/20 of the cake instead of going for the cake.

You could try approaching it from a different angle. Look for companies who don't even have a website or if they do, ask them if you could improve it because you've noticed there is something that is making them lose 10% of customers each year. You got to be very specific.

Maliardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 25, 2022
Honestly, I've been thinking for about half a year that I'd like to try web design.
But now I'm working on my main job and it will obviously prevent me to get into full-time courses on web design.
I now need to work very hard, which would save money.
But I'm a very creative person and I would still really like to try myself in this kind of activity)
I hope that soon I will figure something out and my little dream will come true.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Helping business owners will always be in demand. Don't be just a "website guy".

Be the guy who helps business owners get more sales online... by developing a killer website.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.