The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Everyone's doing web design

A post of a ranting nature...

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
Web design is not only about designing beautiful websites.
Most people still don't really understand what it's about.

1. Design Thinking - The advancement of digitalization means there is a lot of opportunity to optimize processes. Even inside the process of optimization, there are still a lot of inefficiencies. That's why UX design is so big. Design thinking itself is all about solving tangible problems of real people today!
For example, when going on a shopping site, were you annoyed that suddenly all your items in the basket disappeared? That's when UX comes in.

2. Digitalization - The web enables businesses to get cheap leads with almost zero-cost. They can connect from the US to any person around the world. And vice versa. It started with the tech bubble in 2000s, and there are still way too many areas to improve on. It's like modern architecture and engineering and is here to stay.
Yeah you're totally right. Even today there is still plenty of opportunities for innovation in web development

Mohammed ED-DAHB

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Aug 11, 2020
Morocco
While everyone was busy arguing about market saturation I was in thialand for two months on vacation and made around 4-5k in a month from posting basic craigslist ads and using templates to build websites for businesses in my free time between riding a motorcycle around the island and snorkeling with cute little fishies with my girlfriend. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

View attachment 37447

View attachment 37448
How long did it take you to get to this level of success?

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Read somewhere the other day
"saturation proves that it works"

sometimes its just how you choose to view things.

Although I do agree web design is one of the most popular business models right now.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 30, 2021
While everyone was busy arguing about market saturation I was in thialand for two months on vacation and made around 4-5k in a month from posting basic craigslist ads and using templates to build websites for businesses
I've built a couple of shopify websites I still have lying around on a hard drive I could probably use as a portfolio for social proof or whatever. I know a decent amount about FB ads as well. Care to share the other resources you used? I figure I could find other craigslist ads, call them up and ask about pricing to accurately price my own but is there a formula you follow or point of origin to go down this path? I have a lot of free time the next month or 2 would really like to give this a shot despite what everyone is saying. UX/UI ain't that hard

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Not everyone can knock on doors and sell. Not everyone can create the same website.

Maliardo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 25, 2022
Honestly, I've been thinking for about half a year that I'd like to try web design.
But now I'm working on my main job and it will obviously prevent me to get into full-time courses on web design.
I now need to work very hard, which would save money.
But I'm a very creative person and I would still really like to try myself in this kind of activity)
I hope that soon I will figure something out and my little dream will come true.

Vasudev Soni

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 31, 2022
Ghaziabad, IN
Helping business owners will always be in demand. Don't be just a "website guy".

Be the guy who helps business owners get more sales online... by developing a killer website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.