The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Everyone tries to sell you the shortcut, even here ;)

PhilKowalski

Always gets what he deserves
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
Hi there,

I know, little bit of a clickbaity title. But this ad just showed up for me in the header section of the forum:

1626417710844.png
For clarification: I am not accusing anyone of the forum here. I know that this community and maintaining it costs money and ads are a good way to do that. I also know, that the forum owner and the mods do not have an influence on what ads are shown.

The ad itself is funny. You just do an MBA (isn't that one of those scripted career paths?) just as easy as watcing Netflix. Binge your academics. For me this opens up the questions:
  1. Why the hell should I do an MBA after all?
  2. Do I need one?

That sounds ridiculously cheap (knowing what so called "standard education" costs) --> if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is ;)

Even though it might be helpful and beneficial to learn some entrereneurial skills, it's interesting to see how they play with "rat race titles" which are based on the fact that a group of people have artificially set this up as a standard.

What do you think?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kybalion

Renegade Master
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
247%
Oct 5, 2018
Hi there,

I know, little bit of a clickbaity title. But this ad just showed up for me in the header section of the forum:

View attachment 38934
For clarification: I am not accusing anyone of the forum here. I know that this community and maintaining it costs money and ads are a good way to do that. I also know, that the forum owner and the mods do not have an influence on what ads are shown.

The ad itself is funny. You just do an MBA (isn't that one of those scripted career paths?) just as easy as watcing Netflix. Binge your academics. For me this opens up the questions:
  1. Why the hell should I do an MBA after all?
  2. Do I need one?

That sounds ridiculously cheap (knowing what so called "standard education" costs) --> if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is ;)

Even though it might be helpful and beneficial to learn some entrereneurial skills, it's interesting to see how they play with "rat race titles" which are based on the fact that a group of people have artificially set this up as a standard.

What do you think?
After being here for a while MBAs seem inherently dumb, but most people associate status, wealth, and power with having an MBA (or at least as the first step).

Those three letters have become a mainstream symbol for ''making it'', and most people who are into it don't have any idea about lead gen, marketing, or value skews.

You wouldn't believe it, but for most of my life I was told I need an MBA to be a businessman.

I cringe at that notion now, but it's true. I am 100% sure there are a LOT of people who think it's illegal to operate a business without a degree. :D

PhilKowalski

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
After being here for a while MBAs seem inherently dumb, but most people associate status, wealth, and power with having an MBA (or at least as the first step).

Those three letters have become a mainstream symbol for ''making it'', and most people who are into it don't have any idea about lead gen, marketing, or value skews.

You wouldn't believe it, but for most of my life I was told I need an MBA to be a businessman.

I cringe at that notion now, but it's true. I am 100% sure there are a LOT of people who think it's illegal to operate a business without a degree. :D
This so true. I don't know how many occasions I had in my rat race job, where these so called MBAs came around and tried to convince that their view is right because the university has told them so.

Me saying "but I have 20 yrs experience, I see it differently" didn't count.

The best MBA I could should is from the University of Hard Knocks :smile2:

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I think that add is independent from the forum.
It comes from an add agency and fits a bit to the topic of the forum.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PhilKowalski

Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Jul 5, 2017
Germany
I think that add is independent from the forum.
It comes from an add agency and fits a bit to the topic of the forum.
100% sure, I think it comes from AdSense, if I'm not mistaken. It was just a "clickbaity title" with a somewhat funny coincidence I saw ;)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.