The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ever feel like this?

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Ever feel like this when you are going on vacation and can't take your computer for whatever reason? ...Me too.

moz-screenshot.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
The funny part...after two days on vacation I absolutely love not having it. My computer is such a horrible time sink for me at times.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
After two days of no computer I start tearing out my hair and rocking back and forth mumbling to myself.

WildAmbitions and I just had a girls' night up at one of our cabins- we were only there for maybe 14 hours, and the withdrawl was seriously hilarious. Kerry (WildAmbitions) was fiending for the internet something fierce. At one point I told her that if she wanted I could scribble notes on some paper and throw them at her and she could pretend that they were IMs or emails. ...Granted we did enjoy the outdoors, there was an awesome lightning storm going on, but after I almost got sprayed by a skunk we hung out inside, and proceeded to talk about website stuff. So fun, but so pathetic! lol

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
my wife would say that that is me. I tell her she is crazy, I have a laptop. She then calls my laptop my mistress, and it only goes down hill from their.;)

M&T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 2, 2007
Hershey, Pa.
Big time waster for me also.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I've been at the beach since Saturday and have to force myself to get off the computer.

Well, actually, it's not usually by force. Most of the time, my internet connection fails...that makes it a bit easier.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Internet addiction is real. I experience some sort of psychosis when my connection goes down ... I start pacing and feel disconnected from the hive mind ... sort like the Borg on Star Trek.

Edge

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas
I'm noticing a big time shift to handheld mobile devices. Seems like 1 year ago, I could take my kid to swimming lessons and i'd be the only person surfing on my phone while waiting, now i'm suprised that there is enough bandwidth to share when I look around and see everyone staring at their phone.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm noticing a big time shift to handheld mobile devices. Seems like 1 year ago, I could take my kid to swimming lessons and i'd be the only person surfing on my phone while waiting, now i'm suprised that there is enough bandwidth to share when I look around and see everyone staring at their phone.

Having just bought an iPhone over a Blackberry I think that this is attributed to Apple.

The Blackberry was a pain while iPhone is such more user friendly for all tasks. Now I can seem myself buried in my phone whereas before I'd just use it to talk, text, and read an occasional email.

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
Just got back from spending some time in the Broughton Islands (off Vancouver Island) in BC, Canada. No cell phone service. No computers. No roads!!! Just the ocean, the wilderness, a boat, and some crab and prawn pots.

I never once missed the computer.... (it surprised even me).

I might even have to move there. It was just so simple.

Talkintoy

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Oct 4, 2007
California
Feels funny this computer/internet thing. It so part of you that when you logged in your favorite site you feel whole again. Even when your alone feeling sad, scared etc.. for some reason when you log in you feel good everyone is there with you. :smx4:

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
We spent 6 weeks on the coast this summer and at first I missed my internet access but not quite enough to walk 100 yards to the pier in order to hit their wi-fi. Cell phone service was hit and miss in the park where we were camping. It made it a little more difficult to get our duplex rented, I had to drive a couple of miles towards town to check voicemails. By the end of the summer I didn't miss either one.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

australianinvestor

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 4, 2007
Australia
I found a solution: I'm buying some oceanfront land on a pacific island in the near future. No internet, no phone. Me + boat in tropical paradise = fish + wine + reggae + watching sunset on the boat deck.

Sweeeet.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
I found a solution: I'm buying some oceanfront land on a pacific island in the near future. No internet, no phone. Me + boat in tropical paradise = fish + wine + reggae + watching sunset on the boat deck.

Sweeeet.
Feel free to host some Fastlane parties there! :smx6: :cheers:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.