The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition - Business Brokers

levinejm

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone - thinking about the process of buying a business rather than starting one. I know that business brokers control a lot of dealflow in this space. How do you identify and vet brokers that are likely to be helpful to your search? Or is that the wrong question and you primarily look for businesses first and then engage a broker if there's one associated with the transaction?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

juicey

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 5, 2016
I am currently on the lookout for my second website acquisition. I have looked at business listings first and analyzing if the businesses seem worth acquiring or not. Mostly looking on Flippa, EmpireFlippers etc.

I am not really finding good deals on these platforms at the moment though and would be very interested to hear if someone knows brokers with good deal flow.

I know that for smaller sites in Facebook groups there are few brokers who seem to have more deal flow on sites that don't get listed on these marketplaces but tbh their deals have also seemed pretty crappy to me.

levinejm

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 19, 2021
I am currently on the lookout for my second website acquisition. I have looked at business listings first and analyzing if the businesses seem worth acquiring or not. Mostly looking on Flippa, EmpireFlippers etc.

I am not really finding good deals on these platforms at the moment though and would be very interested to hear if someone knows brokers with good deal flow.

I know that for smaller sites in Facebook groups there are few brokers who seem to have more deal flow on sites that don't get listed on these marketplaces but tbh their deals have also seemed pretty crappy to me.

Thanks for this insight! I'd say that BizBuySell has the biggest list businesses for sale, but it's really tough to filter by industry and the broker directory piece isn't so easy to use either. Would you say that you primarily look in a certain area or by a certain business type or size? Broadly, what kind of filters do you use when you're searching on Flippa, EmpireFlippers, etc.

juicey

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Jul 5, 2016
I have only looked at online businesses so far since I am from a small European country.
Previously I was only interested in finding Content sites monetized with Adsense, but seeing the low amount of suitable options, I am also checking ecommerce sites now. The criterias I looked for are brought out in this thread by the author: GOLD! - From 0 To $240,000 Per Year PROFIT In 18 Months
In Flippa I mainly use price and profit filters. In EmpireFlippers, mainly the price since 90% of the listings are out of my budget :D

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.