The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Entrepreneurship Through Acquisition - Business Brokers

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

levinejm

PARKED
Feb 19, 2021
Hi everyone - thinking about the process of buying a business rather than starting one. I know that business brokers control a lot of dealflow in this space. How do you identify and vet brokers that are likely to be helpful to your search? Or is that the wrong question and you primarily look for businesses first and then engage a broker if there's one associated with the transaction?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

juicey

New Contributor
Jul 5, 2016
I am currently on the lookout for my second website acquisition. I have looked at business listings first and analyzing if the businesses seem worth acquiring or not. Mostly looking on Flippa, EmpireFlippers etc.

I am not really finding good deals on these platforms at the moment though and would be very interested to hear if someone knows brokers with good deal flow.

I know that for smaller sites in Facebook groups there are few brokers who seem to have more deal flow on sites that don't get listed on these marketplaces but tbh their deals have also seemed pretty crappy to me.

levinejm

PARKED
Feb 19, 2021
I am currently on the lookout for my second website acquisition. I have looked at business listings first and analyzing if the businesses seem worth acquiring or not. Mostly looking on Flippa, EmpireFlippers etc.

I am not really finding good deals on these platforms at the moment though and would be very interested to hear if someone knows brokers with good deal flow.

I know that for smaller sites in Facebook groups there are few brokers who seem to have more deal flow on sites that don't get listed on these marketplaces but tbh their deals have also seemed pretty crappy to me.

Thanks for this insight! I'd say that BizBuySell has the biggest list businesses for sale, but it's really tough to filter by industry and the broker directory piece isn't so easy to use either. Would you say that you primarily look in a certain area or by a certain business type or size? Broadly, what kind of filters do you use when you're searching on Flippa, EmpireFlippers, etc.

juicey

New Contributor
Jul 5, 2016
I have only looked at online businesses so far since I am from a small European country.
Previously I was only interested in finding Content sites monetized with Adsense, but seeing the low amount of suitable options, I am also checking ecommerce sites now. The criterias I looked for are brought out in this thread by the author: GOLD! - From 0 To $240,000 Per Year PROFIT In 18 Months
In Flippa I mainly use price and profit filters. In EmpireFlippers, mainly the price since 90% of the listings are out of my budget :D

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE 7 Days To Freedom: From Wantrepreneur/Wage Slave To Freelancer
I attended the live session, really loved it! It gives some useful and practical tips on how to...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Three things: 1. Discord Chat is open. Click here for free access. 2. New YouTube Channel...
MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Its for students who have joined. Did you sign up? Hey Rob, been watching your infoproduct and...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom