The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurial Personal Finance

Anything related to matters of the mind

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Hey guys!

I went over personal finance a bit in my personal progress thread here.

I mean the concept is basic, If I can't take a hold of the finances at home... How can i even fathom to mange a lean and profitable business. So I've been working on the home front on cutting down expenses and building a budget.

Tons of resources and tools out there, I've noticed myself going back to r/personal finance. Before you start shooting them down for the 'slowlane' mentality. There are solid gems and advice in there that I deemed valueable. However, the biggest thing for me is their wiki and pool of spreadsheets and resouces to make yourself even more effeicent.

One of the biggest things that I really liked was this flow chart.

lSoUQr2r.jpg

It's really profound, but what would you change in it to make it Fastlane? For me everything makes sense until you hit step 3 or 4.

I'll be honest, I'm not that far ahead myself. I'm working on my current emergency fund.

This is an awesome road-map and was wondering if we could modify it to meet the fastlane mindset and how we contribute our time and money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
443%
May 27, 2013
United States
It's really profound, but what would you change in it to make it Fastlane? For me everything makes sense until you hit step 3 or 4.

Damn, the slowlane is really complicated. No wonder so few find any success that way.

The Fastlane is much simpler.

Fastlane:

Step 0 - Don't spend money on things you don't need. If you need it, buy it as cheaply as possible.

Step 1 - Get cash to pay bills and create an MVP. Get a job, craigslist, etc.

Step 2 - Pay off credit card debt.

Step 3 - Re-invest as much profit as you can into the business.

Step 4 - Do not contribute into a retirement account. Re-invest profits in the business instead.

Step 5 - Re-invest into the business some more.

Step 6 - When the sale price of your business equals your desired F*ck You Money amount, sell it.

Step 7 - Pay off all remaining student loans and other debts, including mortgage, in one lump sum.

Step 8 - Put your money in traditional investments or real estate to store your wealth.

Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Just passed this along to some slowlaners that make good money and we're asking for initial 'no businesses' finance ideas. Thanks!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.