The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Entrepreneurial Baby

Anything related to matters of the mind

G.O.A.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 20, 2018
Just started a motivational Youtube channel, hope the content can help someone on their journey to greatness!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Your other two threads (backlinks) to your YT channel have been deleted.

This is NOT a marketing venue for your YT channel. This is a discussion forum.

We aren't here so you can drop video links and then run.

We usually ban users for such infractions but hopefully a fair warning suffices and you chose to use the forum as it is intended. Thanks.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
:rofl:

Nothing makes me cringe more about "entrepreneurs" than these videos of wantrepreneurs walking around in nature yelling at you about something they read in some book.

@G.O.A.T - out of curiosity, how does someone like you go from sitting around reading books to thinking that these kinds of videos are what's going to make you rich? And why is it that everyone always films the videos somewhere in nature while walking around?

I don't mean to kill your spirit, but your entrepreneurial efforts are highly misdirected.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

Nothing makes me cringe more about "entrepreneurs" than these videos of wantrepreneurs walking around in nature yelling at you about something they read in some book.

@G.O.A.T - out of curiosity, how does someone like you go from sitting around reading books to thinking that these kinds of videos are what's going to make you rich? And why is it that everyone always films the videos somewhere in nature while walking around?

I don't mean to kill your spirit, but your entrepreneurial efforts are highly misdirected.

Gary V.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia

I hope that YouTube ads monetisation isn't OP's only way to rope in the dough.

On filming in nature, I can only speculate that folks do the filming in nature because
1. They are catering to specific audiences such as naturalist/lifestyle design/minimalistic/4-hour workweek/rural and less educated/etc...

2. Free location. No need to rent or maintain a studio/office, unlike Gary V. You could film in other public areas such as metros or streets, but in my country, an officer might stop you and demand if you have a permit or if you are from a charity lol.

3. Just blindly copying the film gurus...

Someone’s been watching too much Gary V...
At least Gary V does it on purpose, namely to show his daily work environment, and he's doing actual work on his own biz in the background.

I enjoyed one video of his, where he was debating with his staff whether to eliminate sitting at desks altogether, so that everyone could keep running around.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

G.O.A.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 20, 2018
Your other two threads (backlinks) to your YT channel have been deleted.

This is NOT a marketing venue for your YT channel. This is a discussion forum.

We aren't here so you can drop video links and then run.

We usually ban users for such infractions but hopefully a fair warning suffices and you chose to use the forum as it is intended. Thanks.

Thank you! I misunderstood the mission of the forum and I admit I even thought that I could use it as an avenue to push traffic towards the YT channel. I apologize. Appreciate you reaching out and letting me know otherwise as well as not banning me because of such an infraction.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

G.O.A.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 20, 2018

I understand you’re aim isn’t to diminish my spirit, I actually appreciate the feedback so I can sharpen any area that’s dull. To answer your question the goal wasn’t to make me rich, maybe I sparked confusion via the title, also let me be transparent I do intend to one day monetize the channel and accrue revenue from it but that wasn’t the foundation that I wanted to build the channel/my brand off of. I’ve been preaching since age 16 (23 now) so the idea came that I should use this gift on a grander scale to uplift people, thus: The YT channel. I skipped a variety of details so I don’t stray from the question, hope that answers the first portion. In regards to the second question, lol I can only speak for myself and my reason is that it’s a personal preference. Love the outdoors so I figured why not?

I do have a question for you, what separates an entrepreneur from a “wantrepreneur” ?

G.O.A.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 20, 2018
Someone’s been watching too much Gary V...

Around the time of this video I was aware of Gary V and knew he had great content but I barely watched any of his vids, now I follow him on IG.

G.O.A.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 20, 2018
I hope that YouTube ads monetisation isn't OP's only way to rope in the dough.

On filming in nature, I can only speculate that folks do the filming in nature because
1. They are catering to specific audiences such as naturalist/lifestyle design/minimalistic/4-hour workweek/rural and less educated/etc...

2. Free location. No need to rent or maintain a studio/office, unlike Gary V. You could film in other public areas such as metros or streets, but in my country, an officer might stop you and demand if you have a permit or if you are from a charity lol.

3. Just blindly copying the film gurus...

At least Gary V does it on purpose, namely to show his daily work environment, and he's doing actual work on his own biz in the background.

I enjoyed one video of his, where he was debating with his staff whether to eliminate sitting at desks altogether, so that everyone could keep running around.

I would have to be insane to leave my only avenue of generating income to a YT channel, and I could claim that I had a great marketing strategy behind shooting in locations that were focused around nature but I’d be lying, it was just a personal preference. Appreciate the input though!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
youtube barely makes any money, its like 2 grand for a million views

G.O.A.T

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 20, 2018
youtube barely makes any money, its like 2 grand for a million views

It depends, there’s a great deal of youtubers making a decent check, and then there are the millionaires. It all comes down to how you’re marketing yourself and using the tools at hand whether it be affiliate marketing, Google Adsense, sponsorships, or gaining traffic to your products via your YT channel.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I’ve been preaching since age 16 (23 now) so the idea came that I should use this gift on a grander scale to uplift people

You realize you're a bit arrogant, right? And that your arrogance is going to lead you towards failure?

You don't have a "gift" for preaching. There's a reason why your channel has a grand total of 492 views.

You need to create real value, and stop these money grab businesses hoping that some idiot will give you money - because they won't.

I do have a question for you, what separates an entrepreneur from a “wantrepreneur” ?

$1.

After you've created a product or service, and delivered it to one end user that paid you at least $1 and is satisfied (doesn't feel swindled or cheated), then you've transitioned from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur.

But if you keep money-chasing, then you'll live out the rest of your 20's creating trash and wondering why no one thinks it's gold.

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
You realize you're a bit arrogant, right? And that your arrogance is going to lead you towards failure?

You don't have a "gift" for preaching. There's a reason why your channel has a grand total of 492 views.

You need to create real value, and stop these money grab businesses hoping that some idiot will give you money - because they won't.

$1.

After you've created a product or service, and delivered it to one end user that paid you at least $1 and is satisfied (doesn't feel swindled or cheated), then you've transitioned from wantrepreneur to entrepreneur.

But if you keep money-chasing, then you'll live out the rest of your 20's creating trash and wondering why no one thinks it's gold.

Very well said. I like that $1.00 rule.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.