The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Engineering the Great Escape!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Thank you, MJ DeMarco for writing TMF . If I hadn't read it months ago, I would still be stuck and lost in the bloody slowlane, tied to education entrapment that eats my time and is no better than slavery.

I'm 18 now. Just past my birthday. I'm from Malaysia, which is showing signs that the US and many countries are having. As countries develop, so do industries. Everything is moving so fast. Degrees are becoming less useful, corporate ladders are getting more steep with politics and the investment vehicles people rely on such as stocks and mutual funds are showing cracks here and there.

But it wasn't the doom-gloom economic news that spurred me to action. It was my girl.

My best friend who has been with me from high school for five years. Pulled from everything she had ever known to study in some faraway place for what....a degree??? Millions of graduates are churned out like products on a line, and like MJ said, the Commandment of Entry has been breached. Shit happens. What remains of available jobs are being fought for. There are only so many jobs that businesses can provide. Even MJ preferred an internet driven business.

I miss her so much. She is going to do engineering...and it might kill her. Four years....just to be a cog in a machine. I know she is more than a cog. And she can be more than an engineer.

So I had to do something to save her, to bring her back and give her a future that the world can never give. And I found MJ's book in an online library. Thank you!

I must get to work. I hope that I can learn much and work quickly to save my girl from the clutches of the slowlane! I hope that I might be able to help other Fastlaners as best as I can.

I shall be coming here every day. I will be putting up a progress thread. Feel free to drop by. Have a nice day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dylan Curran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Aug 10, 2016
Ireland
I only just joined a couple of days ago as well after being inspired by MJ's book, it really is fantastic and made me realise that I have the potential to be a global billionaire on my own terms - instead of a small-time web designer slaving every day to make maybe 60K a year.

I look forward to following your journey and wish you and your girlfriend the best, shoot me a message if you ever fancy a conversation with a fellow prospective Fastlaner!

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I only just joined a couple of days ago as well after being inspired by MJ's book, it really is fantastic and made me realise that I have the potential to be a global billionaire on my own terms - instead of a small-time web designer slaving every day to make maybe 60K a year.

I look forward to following your journey and wish you and your girlfriend the best, shoot me a message if you ever fancy a conversation with a fellow prospective Fastlaner!

It can be done, you know. Use web designing as a business advantage. People really need exceptional web design.
Look at Fiverr. It's been done. Making an automated business out of a skill. I'll be hopping by later to get their services for outsourcing. Dirt cheap too. $5! I'll look through their reviews and portfolios to find good mercenaries :)

Thank you so much for replying!

And yeah, with a Fastlane business that solves needs, 60k a year will look like a joke later on.

nradam123

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Mar 14, 2016
You got this.
Now come up with an action plan and start cranking :)

@ZF Lee and @Dylan Curran -> What are you guys upto now that you jumped into the fastlane. Where do you see yourself in the next 6 months and 1 year.

Just Curious

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
You got this.

@ZF Lee and @Dylan Curran -> What are you guys upto now that you jumped into the fastlane. Where do you see yourself in the next 6 months and 1 year.

Just Curious
You got this.

Just Curious
I will look into apps and content sites. Something like what MJ did. Internet-ty, I guess.
When my businesses start churning ( and they will as long I obey the 5 Commandments), I will sell them as soon as they need manpower in exchange for passitivity. Who knows, I might get a good payday, a good nest egg to extend to real estate. And I want to write some books too after I have ridden that horse.

In the next 6 months, I hope to be fully operational and business roaring. Hopefully I won't catch attention on the media....it wastes my time looking at my face on newspapers. My college is full of slowlaners that will never understand the power of the Fastlane.

In 1 year....maybe I can continue running them well enough not to get a job or a boring degree. Maybe I can sell them out and retire forever...it can happen, if you strike actual market needs.

Excuse me, I'm reading something on accounting. Thank you for your time.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I will look into apps and content sites. Something like what MJ did. Internet-ty, I guess.
When my businesses start churning ( and they will as long I obey the 5 Commandments), I will sell them as soon as they need manpower in exchange for passitivity. Who knows, I might get a good payday, a good nest egg to extend to real estate. And I want to write some books too after I have ridden that horse.

In the next 6 months, I hope to be fully operational and business roaring. Hopefully I won't catch attention on the media....it wastes my time looking at my face on newspapers. My college is full of slowlaners that will never understand the power of the Fastlane.

In 1 year....maybe I can continue running them well enough not to get a job or a boring degree. Maybe I can sell them out and retire forever...it can happen, if you strike actual market needs.

Excuse me, I'm reading something on accounting. Thank you for your time.
yeah, I need accounting. I need to know where my money goes. Money is my freedom fighter

Dylan Curran

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Aug 10, 2016
Ireland
You got this.

Just Curious

Right now, I've started a social media campaign to grow a success/motivation brand, via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, which I will use to promote a self-help blog that I have in the making. I'm also pushing to grow my freelance web design business, which I use to pay the bills, although it has been stagnating lately due to my reluctance to push for clients and instead wait for them to come to me. Now I've set myself a target to learn sales tactics and cold e-mail 50 prospective clients a day, and expand my marketing skill-set.

6 months from now, I will have a collective 50,000+ audience from my three social media accounts, and will have a consistent web design business going, which I hope to eventually wean off of if everything goes to plan and I can start monetising passively via my brand. If everything doesn't go to plan, I'll have to take more clients to keep the house and car. I will probably slow down at this point, due to finishing off my final year in college, but nonetheless I'll find the time if I have to.

A year from now, I want to have a 200,000+ strong audience from social media, predominantly on Facebook. Once I'm out of college I'll be dedicating all my time to authoring an e-book and blog aimed towards males who need help to get the success ball rolling, through advertising and selling affiliations I will hope to make a moderate income of 2-3,000 a month, should I succeed in this I can stop freelancing and go full tilt into expanding my brand.

This is all incredibly optimistic (and long-winded) but I'd rather set high goals and barely fail then set low goals and comfortably succeed. :)

I'd be very interested in hearing your story, perhaps via private message though rather than de-railing this thread any more? :D:D

It can be done, you know. Use web designing as a business advantage. People really need exceptional web design.
Look at Fiverr. It's been done. Making an automated business out of a skill. I'll be hopping by later to get their services for outsourcing. Dirt cheap too. $5! I'll look through their reviews and portfolios to find good mercenaries :)

Thank you so much for replying!

And yeah, with a Fastlane business that solves needs, 60k a year will look like a joke later on.

I already am! ;) If you ever need any help, advice, or someone to bounce ideas off of, don't hesitate to call!

All the best man, having the right philosophy is half the battle.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Right now, I've started a social media campaign to grow a success/motivation brand, via Facebook/Twitter/Instagram, which I will use to promote a self-help blog that I have in the making. I'm also pushing to grow my freelance web design business, which I use to pay the bills, although it has been stagnating lately due to my reluctance to push for clients and instead wait for them to come to me. Now I've set myself a target to learn sales tactics and cold e-mail 50 prospective clients a day, and expand my marketing skill-set.

6 months from now, I will have a collective 50,000+ audience from my three social media accounts, and will have a consistent web design business going, which I hope to eventually wean off of if everything goes to plan and I can start monetising passively via my brand. If everything doesn't go to plan, I'll have to take more clients to keep the house and car. I will probably slow down at this point, due to finishing off my final year in college, but nonetheless I'll find the time if I have to.

A year from now, I want to have a 200,000+ strong audience from social media, predominantly on Facebook. Once I'm out of college I'll be dedicating all my time to authoring an e-book and blog aimed towards males who need help to get the success ball rolling, through advertising and selling affiliations I will hope to make a moderate income of 2-3,000 a month, should I succeed in this I can stop freelancing and go full tilt into expanding my brand.

This is all incredibly optimistic (and long-winded) but I'd rather set high goals and barely fail then set low goals and comfortably succeed. :)

I'd be very interested in hearing your story, perhaps via private message though rather than de-railing this thread any more? :D:D

I already am! ;) If you ever need any help, advice, or someone to bounce ideas off of, don't hesitate to call!

All the best man, having the right philosophy is half the battle.
All the best to you too

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...