ZF Lee
Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Thank you, MJ DeMarco for writing TMF . If I hadn't read it months ago, I would still be stuck and lost in the bloody slowlane, tied to education entrapment that eats my time and is no better than slavery.
I'm 18 now. Just past my birthday. I'm from Malaysia, which is showing signs that the US and many countries are having. As countries develop, so do industries. Everything is moving so fast. Degrees are becoming less useful, corporate ladders are getting more steep with politics and the investment vehicles people rely on such as stocks and mutual funds are showing cracks here and there.
But it wasn't the doom-gloom economic news that spurred me to action. It was my girl.
My best friend who has been with me from high school for five years. Pulled from everything she had ever known to study in some faraway place for what....a degree??? Millions of graduates are churned out like products on a line, and like MJ said, the Commandment of Entry has been breached. Shit happens. What remains of available jobs are being fought for. There are only so many jobs that businesses can provide. Even MJ preferred an internet driven business.
I miss her so much. She is going to do engineering...and it might kill her. Four years....just to be a cog in a machine. I know she is more than a cog. And she can be more than an engineer.
So I had to do something to save her, to bring her back and give her a future that the world can never give. And I found MJ's book in an online library. Thank you!
I must get to work. I hope that I can learn much and work quickly to save my girl from the clutches of the slowlane! I hope that I might be able to help other Fastlaners as best as I can.
I shall be coming here every day. I will be putting up a progress thread. Feel free to drop by. Have a nice day!
I'm 18 now. Just past my birthday. I'm from Malaysia, which is showing signs that the US and many countries are having. As countries develop, so do industries. Everything is moving so fast. Degrees are becoming less useful, corporate ladders are getting more steep with politics and the investment vehicles people rely on such as stocks and mutual funds are showing cracks here and there.
But it wasn't the doom-gloom economic news that spurred me to action. It was my girl.
My best friend who has been with me from high school for five years. Pulled from everything she had ever known to study in some faraway place for what....a degree??? Millions of graduates are churned out like products on a line, and like MJ said, the Commandment of Entry has been breached. Shit happens. What remains of available jobs are being fought for. There are only so many jobs that businesses can provide. Even MJ preferred an internet driven business.
I miss her so much. She is going to do engineering...and it might kill her. Four years....just to be a cog in a machine. I know she is more than a cog. And she can be more than an engineer.
So I had to do something to save her, to bring her back and give her a future that the world can never give. And I found MJ's book in an online library. Thank you!
I must get to work. I hope that I can learn much and work quickly to save my girl from the clutches of the slowlane! I hope that I might be able to help other Fastlaners as best as I can.
I shall be coming here every day. I will be putting up a progress thread. Feel free to drop by. Have a nice day!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
