The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Email Client

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
I had to put this in off-topic because I couldn't find a tools section.

I've been using outlook from Office 2003. I looking for a newer/better option (free)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

vinylawesome

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Aug 11, 2012
I use Gmail (Free) and Google Apps Gmail. I'm happy with their service.

BradD

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Oct 11, 2013
Ottawa
Have to give props to an app that has been a life-saver for me-

I'm anal/organized when it comes to emails, using my inbox as my to-do list- I use an app called Boomerang on Gmail that let's you schedule emails to come back at whatever time you choose (1 hr, 4 hrs, 1 week, 1 month, or under use cases i.e. no response from recipient). There's also the ability to schedule emails to be sent at a specified time. I have the pro upgrade which I believe is ~$10/m, worth every penny and more.

Now let me just find that affiliate link...

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What does outlook do (or not do) that is causing you to look into this?

I've used both gmail and outlook extensively my whole life and I've literally never come across an issue that I felt needed fixing.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
What does outlook do (or not do) that is causing you to look into this?

I've used both gmail and outlook extensively my whole life and I've literally never come across an issue that I felt needed fixing.
Yesterday I had my internet, tv and phone switched from Cox to AT&T and couldn't get my email to work I was in the middle of a 7 hour fight with customer dis-service and was beginning to doubt myself and my gear. The fight will continue today. Lucky at 7pm yesterday, one of the reps finally admitted that there was some mistake in my account setup on their end. I'll let their sales team figure it out. Can't call until 0900 though.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Yesterday I had my internet, tv and phone switched from Cox to AT&T and couldn't get my email to work I was in the middle of a 7 hour fight with customer dis-service and was beginning to doubt myself and my gear. The fight will continue today. Lucky at 7pm yesterday, one of the reps finally admitted that there was some mistake in my account setup on their end. I'll let their sales team figure it out. Can't call until 0900 though.

I've tried several of the free ones, including using thunderbird for several years. Stick with outlook. Office is worth the 9.99/mo or whatever you pay for it.

Sounds like you've already found the problem, though.

Here's a business idea: Start an ISP that doesn't literally suck balls. You could be a billionaire. My real dream is to start an MVNO that doesn't suck, possibly using an MLM sales model.

Loffinds

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Apr 24, 2017
Everywhere
Nylas N1 is pretty top notch in my opinion for a free email client. Has some great themes, it's open source, and has some fancy apps and an easy developer platform. Nylas Mail

They have a pro version that has some extra features, but the free one does everything you need. Check it out.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Here's what I think that I know and what I've done...
I was using Office 2003, I became less cheap and bought a sub to Office 365. I think that my Outlook may have been malfunctioning.

I spent another half day with ATT tech support, they found some issues there too.

I'm running some test emails with my son now. When I'm confident that it's working okay, I'll change my life over from an 18 year old email account.

Why change?

I've been warning Cox for years that technology would catch up with them in the rural areas and customers would bail on their high prices. I bailed for 2x internet speed and better tv for less money. I remain a cheap grumpy old guy.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.