JHughes
PARKED
Hello all,
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have an idea, an idea which is already out there and is pretty simple with the right team and even though technically every IT consultancy is "competition", working in my target market, its not really "competition" unless the IT consultancy is specific to only the education sector.
Working in schools previously I have seen that schools only really go to IT companies for services if they really have to, as they realise how expensive an IT engineer is (£150 an hour on average). They prefer to go with IT companies that specifically work with educational establishments, as they feel they wont get "ripped off", but there aren't that many IT companies out there that only work with schools.
Recently working for what seems to be my only competition (the only IT company in my area that works solely in the education industry), I have seen educational establishment after education establishment sign up to support contracts with the company making a fair bit of profit for each contract. Depending on the size of the school and what support they required (hardware: server, projectors, smart boards, desktop, laptop, or software: SIMS, FMS, Windows, Office), these contracts can be from £200 - £600 a month and include only 1 onsite visit to the school! There are so many schools throughout the UK, in my town alone there is over 10 and my town is rather small.
My idea isn't a random idea its a proven idea that is making my previous company quite a bit of money and I want to dive into this market with a new dedicated team and a partner and beat the competition! I have already started building a website and would like a experienced partner ideally in the education, or IT/Sales industry to join me. I think with the right sales team and a little bit of expertise, we can close in on this business and make a lot of money together. My experience is working in IT within a school environment as well as working within 3rd line support positions in blue chip companies.
I've done the research, I know the competition, I have the contacts, I just need the team in place to push all this through with some help from a partner who knows how to push a business forward! I know what the schools require and where a lot of there IT problems come from, I used to fix these problems for them but I now want to go it alone with my own company. I have quite a few ideas to pitch to the schools also that I am sure they will be interested in as it saves them money also.
If your interested, please speak with me.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I have an idea, an idea which is already out there and is pretty simple with the right team and even though technically every IT consultancy is "competition", working in my target market, its not really "competition" unless the IT consultancy is specific to only the education sector.
Working in schools previously I have seen that schools only really go to IT companies for services if they really have to, as they realise how expensive an IT engineer is (£150 an hour on average). They prefer to go with IT companies that specifically work with educational establishments, as they feel they wont get "ripped off", but there aren't that many IT companies out there that only work with schools.
Recently working for what seems to be my only competition (the only IT company in my area that works solely in the education industry), I have seen educational establishment after education establishment sign up to support contracts with the company making a fair bit of profit for each contract. Depending on the size of the school and what support they required (hardware: server, projectors, smart boards, desktop, laptop, or software: SIMS, FMS, Windows, Office), these contracts can be from £200 - £600 a month and include only 1 onsite visit to the school! There are so many schools throughout the UK, in my town alone there is over 10 and my town is rather small.
My idea isn't a random idea its a proven idea that is making my previous company quite a bit of money and I want to dive into this market with a new dedicated team and a partner and beat the competition! I have already started building a website and would like a experienced partner ideally in the education, or IT/Sales industry to join me. I think with the right sales team and a little bit of expertise, we can close in on this business and make a lot of money together. My experience is working in IT within a school environment as well as working within 3rd line support positions in blue chip companies.
I've done the research, I know the competition, I have the contacts, I just need the team in place to push all this through with some help from a partner who knows how to push a business forward! I know what the schools require and where a lot of there IT problems come from, I used to fix these problems for them but I now want to go it alone with my own company. I have quite a few ideas to pitch to the schools also that I am sure they will be interested in as it saves them money also.
If your interested, please speak with me.
[/FONT]
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
