What's new

Ecommerce NEWB <3

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

c.avalon

New Contributor
Joined
Aug 21, 2012
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$70
User Power: 8%
So, I've been absent for a long time. I had a baby and well, my whole life was just wrapped up in that. Holy crap that is no joke. He's almost 6 months old now so I'm dipping my toes back into having my own life, haha.

I've been a fitness entrepreneur since I was 18, and am continuing in that to make some extra money to help with bills, etc.

My husband is starting his own venture soon so I may post soon about that also... but...
during my down time with baby I've been studying ecommerce. I've read lots of threads on here, guides elsewhere online, and so to me it is an interesting topic and I'm fascinated by the idea. I have several different ideas I believe would do very well as e-commerce shops ... but I had some questions.

I know a lot of people don't recommend the paid guides to find manufacturers....but when I'm searching for manufacturers and wholesalers, ALL I seem to find is Alibaba manufacturers in China. I'm hesitant to get into business with suppliers there for several reasons... they are so far... I'm concerned about quality and about language barrier issues... does anyone have input on this? Also, I'd prefer to start out drop-shipping, but obviously drop shipping products to US customers from CHINA is not that smart. If I had to wait 70 days or whatever for an item to arrive I would notttt be happy. Where on earth are all the US manufacturers??

If anyone is curious or wants to discuss the ideas for shops I've been tossing around, feel free to send me a PM.
I also have ideas for my father (I currently help him market his business but he wants to get into ecommerce too... he wants me to help him but I want a more complete education before I help HIM!)

Also.... I've seen paid courses that run around $500 that are supposed to be guides to getting started successfully in E-commerce. Of course I'm willing to invest in my education but I want to know if there are any good ones and if any are more scam-my.

Thanks smart people :)))

Cierra
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom