The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

eCommerce integration with drop shippers

cjh382

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 4, 2011
Mexico City, MX
I spent this past weekend developing an idea that puts an innovative spin on traditional drop shipping businesses. I've never had a drop shipping/eCommerce store before, but after reading 4HWW/TMF I feel that applying this fresh methodology I brainstormed could prove to be quite a pleasant, passive income for myself--until growth hits a certain point when I'll have to build warehouses/fulfill my own orders (think the evolution of early Zappos).

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with integrating with drop shippers and what sites they've used? I'm looking at Shopify+eCommHub--or something that can grow with me as I grow. I want to have "clones" of my site setup, for different industries/niches as it's totally transferable/scalable and I feel as soon as my main site becomes "popular" that hundreds of copycats will spring up overnight and would like to maximize how many "different" businesses I can include under the same online services umbrella, while having different drop shippers for different product categories.

I have a list of several distributors in my niche; before I contact them I'd like to have at least a basic website setup. I'm in the process of submitting my LLC agreement, after which I'll get an E-IN number...wish me luck and I'll keep this thread updated as I progress!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jbuckingham

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
5%
Aug 18, 2011
CA
I did some drop shipping for a time. My preference was to use the open source zen cart. There are many free open source options out there (for example oscommerce and agora cart). I felt comfortable with an open source solution as I felt other services lacked the control I was looking for. However, if you're not comfortable with that the other services you mentioned may be your best bet. I have not personally had experience with them so I'll let others chime in here.

One comment on drop shipping is that it is getting more and more difficult to earn larger margins as suppliers add dropship fees etc. That's not to say it isn't still a viable option so if you have a good idea move forth and be prosperous.

fm1234

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Aug 19, 2011
I've been using inFocus recently -- very much worth the $30. It is a dead simple drop-in solution, as easy to customise as a WordPress theme (even easier if you opt for the WordPress or XHTML versions, but I prefer the full-featured one.)

Frank

Nortech

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 3, 2011
We provide dropship systems that enable you to manage and connect mulltiple suppliers to single or multiple online retailers. Out platform is called Shipto.

You may contact me on this address for more information, graham@nortech.com.au.

Graham Meyerowitz

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.