The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Ecommerce Business: Amazon Dropshipping

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

f0reclone

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 18, 2014
Hi Guys,
just wanted to make a progress thread to keep account and give/get help to/from You.

First I know that my Business is not a Fastlane Business. Dropshipping doesn't let me CONTROL the game. But it's an entry for me to generate a recurring income which I can use to import good-selling products.
I live in Germany and I found a Product category which is popular, but there are often not many or no products available with shipping from a german warehouse or from the EU. Also many products in this category aren't available on amazon. This gives me an advantage. I made a deal with 2 dropshipping suppliers.

1. Supplier: Sends from France (2-3 Days in Germany with DHL): This supplier has some good prices but if I don't meet the MOQ(Minimum-Order-Quantity) of 10 I have to pay 5€ per Product and 5€ fee per order. Also the dropshipper doesn't accept refunds if the product is already unwrapped. I think I will test this supplier, If everything works good (few refunds) and he delivers on time, I will negotiate on the fees, refunds and prices.

2. Supplier: This one has Warehouses in Germany. He gives me at first x% off his retail price (some of them are very low). No shippment fees, he takes back all products. This one is the best so far.
I will be selling from 30-50 products.

So my plan is to list the products on Amazon:
1. I make an own product page for every product and optimize it so it's better for Amazon SEO and Conversion.
2. I try to get all buy-boxes of existing product-pages from others.
3. I get into Amazon PPC.
4. I get some spammy power links to boost my Amazon Product Page to google Serp #1. (It's easy to rank amazon ;) ) I think most of the keywords will have xxx-x,xxx monthly searches.
5. I use Adwords for google search ppc.

Another thing many people discuss is the low profit margin. As many products aren't on Amazon yet or not highly optimized, I can even get a good profit margin with my dropshipping prices.
ProfitMargin = Profit/SalesPrice
I aim to get my profit margin 30%+.

My current tasks are:
-Analyze the market: compare prices(dropshipper, lowestpriceinternet, amazon), see if the product is on amazon, see if the product is already available from the EU or DE.
-Get my Vat-No Ready to open a correct amazon seller account
-Calculate if I should list a product and what price is optimal:
Here are a few of my calculations(correct me if I'm wrong):
1. Whats the Profit or Profit margin if I price the product at 95% of the current lowest Amazon price?
SellingPrice = 0,95*AmazonPrice
ProfitMargin=((SellingPrice-(SellingPrice-DropshipPrice)*0,19)-SellingPrice*AmazonFeesRate)/SellingPrice
2. Whats the selling price If I want 30% Profit Margin?
Vat is 19% in Germany.
SellingPrice=-1,19*DropshipPrice/(1,19*0,3-AmazonFeesRate)

Regards

f0reclone

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

f0reclone

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 18, 2014
Just to keep note:

I've completed almost all tasks and was sort of successful with supplier number 2. I made a total of about 2,000€ in sales within 2 weeks. 15-30% is my profit.
What I learned:
1. Comunication with chinese companys isn't easy. You have to wait a few days and ask multiple times until you get a qualified answer.
2. German Warehouse means not fast shipping. Sometimes it took 1 day until the goods were shipped, sometimes 2 weeks. Their organisation is horrible.
3. Amazon and it's customers are not easy to handle if you have no fast shipping.

What I plan to do:
As I know I can make money with this niche I need a reliable wholesaler so I'm communicating with the wholesalers at Alibaba etc and also asking the brands if they can sell their products to me. FBA will solve my shipping problem and will give me the advantages at Amazon which will lead to more sales.

Regards

Andreas

j324us

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Dec 8, 2015
Sounds interesting! Good job on the steps taken so far...
Looking forward to follow this thread of your FBA journey!

f0reclone

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
64%
Sep 18, 2014
Sounds interesting! Good job on the steps taken so far...
Looking forward to follow this thread of your FBA journey!
Thanks.

So here are my plans for the next 2 weeks(because of Christmas and New Year I won't have so much time as usual:
1. Write a Program which finds all suppliers in my niche via Alibaba.
2. Get all Price Lists from the suppliers together and decide for 1-2 products to sell via FBA.
3. Buy the Products and sell them.
4. Repeat from Step 2 with other products and/or higher quantities.

Regards

Andreas Neufeld

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.