• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Ebay store with erratic profit, any advice as to why?

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by prudencenanou, May 24, 2018.

1. prudencenanou

prudencenanou New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $27
    Hello everyone,

My name is Prudence, I am 24 years old and living in Canada. I have an ebay account that I started in high school originally to sell my own clothes but after seeing how high the return was on second hand fairly high end clothing I started to visit local second hand shops/ consignment stores to find similar garments and resell on ebay. This is the first year I have decided to totally focus on my ebay because for so long it was just a side hobby. Sometimes it generates fairly good amount and I can gross several thousands a month but other months are straight zero. I really want to take my ebay business to the next level but the insanely erratic revenue scares me. I dont ever make drastic changes to what I choose to sell and yet at times my store will be so dry it would seem like I have suddenly started selling totally unattractive product. I love fashion and I enjoy searching for the garments I sell hence why I wish to grow this business and would like some advice. I've made over 250 sales on my ebay since it launched in 2013 and have a 100% feedback which I know are strong favorable points for my account and I would like tips from people who are familiar with ebay or have used other e commerce sites in regards to maintaining steady sales, perhaps even leaving ebay for another ecommerce platform and their opinion as to why my sales are so inconsistent.

Thank you !Sorry it was so darn long lol

MJ DeMarco and jon.a like this.
  2. The EL Maven

The EL Maven No longer life's passenger Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,467
    Are you selling the same item(s) every single month, or does your inventory change over time? If what you sell is not consistent, the results will hardly be consistent either.

Anandb and JohnnyAppleseed like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,661
    Admin Post
    Thread moved...

Can your business be automated and scaled? If not, you're creating yourself a job.

4. prudencenanou

Rep Bank:
    $27
    I have been selling the same type of items from the get go ( either preowned high end clothing or brand new ) the only changes are that I added menswear a couple years ago which most times sells faster than women's so it was a great addition. At one point I included active wear as well which did pretty well but I have now removed it completely because I believe it is best to have one focus.

5. prudencenanou

Rep Bank:
    $27
    I know, I think about this all the time. I would say its fairly automated because it does not require my attention all the time. I do not need to be constantly present in order to make money. I have one day a week where I put up listings and one day a week when I ship out everything. Now in terms of scale, I cant honestly say it can be at least not to a significant level. However I do not wish to give up on my store, I think there is so much potential and a lot more money to be made.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.