The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Ebay business taxes..

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Walley

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Oct 1, 2007
I have a registered Ebay type business that I'll be starting soon. I'm from Florida. Do I only charge taxes for in state customers? What paperwork do I have to do to send the tax to the governement? When I open my own store website aside from Ebay, do I then charge tax to everyone?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Diane Kennedy

Bronze Contributor
Aug 31, 2007
I have a registered Ebay type business that I'll be starting soon. I'm from Florida. Do I only charge taxes for in state customers? What paperwork do I have to do to send the tax to the governement? When I open my own store website aside from Ebay, do I then charge tax to everyone?

I'm guessing you mean sales tax. I'll give you a quick answer and then some resources:

If your nexus is Florida, you only need to charge sales tax to items sold within Florida. It gets much more complicated if you sell for others, or they sell for you. If you fulfill from another location, you'll also have other issues.

I do a monthly online workshop on eBay. I really recommend you peruse My eBay under Community to see the workshops there. You'll find some archived ones that go into a lot more detail. I know I've done a number that have dealt with this very same issue. I also have a book "Tax Loopholes for eBay Sellers" (yes, this is a plug) that would be helpful for the accounting and tax issues for eBay Sellers.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom