• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Ebay business taxes..

Discussion in 'Asset Protection/Taxes/Legal' started by Walley, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Walley

Walley New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $83
    I have a registered Ebay type business that I'll be starting soon. I'm from Florida. Do I only charge taxes for in state customers? What paperwork do I have to do to send the tax to the governement? When I open my own store website aside from Ebay, do I then charge tax to everyone?

2. Diane Kennedy

Diane Kennedy Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $129
    I'm guessing you mean sales tax. I'll give you a quick answer and then some resources:

If your nexus is Florida, you only need to charge sales tax to items sold within Florida. It gets much more complicated if you sell for others, or they sell for you. If you fulfill from another location, you'll also have other issues.

I do a monthly online workshop on eBay. I really recommend you peruse My eBay under Community to see the workshops there. You'll find some archived ones that go into a lot more detail. I know I've done a number that have dealt with this very same issue. I also have a book "Tax Loopholes for eBay Sellers" (yes, this is a plug) that would be helpful for the accounting and tax issues for eBay Sellers.

3. Walley

Walley New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $83
    Thanks

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.