biophase
Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
LEGACY MEMBER
MEMBER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Was having a discussion about getting backlinks with someone. We were talking about blog comment linking in particular. This is the one part I don't hire out. Why? Because its too easy and also fun.
I think the problem with people is that when in business mode they are thinking business and when in leisure mode they don't. Blog commenting is very easy when you are in leisure mode and very hard in business mode.
Here's why. In leisure mode you are reading stuff that you like. It's easy to read and you have an opinion while reading. So this is what I do to get 10 links a day.
Pick a topic, for example last week all I read about was the Tour De France. So I type in Tour De France Blog and I get a huge list of blogs about cycling with posts about the Tour. Then I go to a post and read it and make a comment. It's that easy.
Now, the big thing is that my comments will stick 100%. Why? Because I know what I'm reading and what I'm talking about. I will write my opinion on whether or not Contador should have waited for Schleck or about the guy getting tossed for a headbutt. Yes he headbutted someone during the race! You probably have no idea what I'm talking about right? But the blog writer does, so he knows that I read his post and that I also follow the Tour.
What would some dude from India have written? "Great post, very informative?" or "Thanks for the blog post, I enjoyed it alot". Think those will pass moderation?
Ok here's the mildly spammy part. The Contador/Schleck controversy in the tour was pretty big so there are probably 100's of blog posts about it. I can take my opinion that I wrote on the first blog and copy and paste it to the other blogs.
Is this any work? No, because I wanted to read the blog posts about the controversy.
You can do this with any topic that you like and your comments will be sooooo much better and easier to write.
I think the problem with people is that when in business mode they are thinking business and when in leisure mode they don't. Blog commenting is very easy when you are in leisure mode and very hard in business mode.
Here's why. In leisure mode you are reading stuff that you like. It's easy to read and you have an opinion while reading. So this is what I do to get 10 links a day.
Pick a topic, for example last week all I read about was the Tour De France. So I type in Tour De France Blog and I get a huge list of blogs about cycling with posts about the Tour. Then I go to a post and read it and make a comment. It's that easy.
Now, the big thing is that my comments will stick 100%. Why? Because I know what I'm reading and what I'm talking about. I will write my opinion on whether or not Contador should have waited for Schleck or about the guy getting tossed for a headbutt. Yes he headbutted someone during the race! You probably have no idea what I'm talking about right? But the blog writer does, so he knows that I read his post and that I also follow the Tour.
What would some dude from India have written? "Great post, very informative?" or "Thanks for the blog post, I enjoyed it alot". Think those will pass moderation?
Ok here's the mildly spammy part. The Contador/Schleck controversy in the tour was pretty big so there are probably 100's of blog posts about it. I can take my opinion that I wrote on the first blog and copy and paste it to the other blogs.
Is this any work? No, because I wanted to read the blog posts about the controversy.
You can do this with any topic that you like and your comments will be sooooo much better and easier to write.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
