The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Easiest way to get models to promote your brand?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey all,

im looking for some advice regarding getting models as cost effectively as possible, to get product photos and also video clips (for my facebook ads).

So far, I have contacted some modelling agencies, however, they seem to have pretty expensive prices (starting from around 480 Euros per 4 hour session) and im not sure its worth it. Does anyone have general experience in dealing with this?

Currently my setup is the following:

- I have a membership at wework. Its a cool location in the middle of the city, so im planning to do the photoshooting / video shooting session there.
- I have 2 friends with pretty good cameras and one with the newest iphone (3 cameras), im planning that we will maybe take all the photos ourselves.
- I dont have lighting equipment, which is not ideal.
- Im thinking about hiring a photographer who has lighting equipment, once I get some price quotes. At the moment, I only got quotes of +1000 EUR which is outside my budget.
- In order to attract models, I recorded a 20 second video of myself stating that im looking for models (with specific characteristics) and I plan to run that vid on facebook/instagram ads tommorow. Please let me know, if anyone has done something similar.

Looking forward to anyone who can share their experiences!

Best Regards,
Champion

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Knugs

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Jan 10, 2016
Why you complicating things. You find enough students in Hamburg (IG/ fashion studies) that want to up their portfolio.

I can think of some photographers right now that would do it for cheaper (nrw Region) Even here you can find guys doing it for portfolio only.

you can literally get this done for 0€

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
You can hire lights, even pros do it.

As for the models, as above, go for newbies who want to build their 'book,' that's the INSIDERS term for portfolio.

Forget professional models, they're mercenary.

When we opened a nail salon in the 90's, I told the models I was working with to get them done, it would've improved their marketability.

Without exception they wanted free nails & be paid because "we're advertising for you"

It was a "no" from me.

Eventually they came & paid because they knew I was right. :hilarious:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I work with a lot of models and usually do trade deals for swag and they take their own pictures. Its key to find those that have the capability to get the sessions done on their own and get a zillion photos to choose from. I use Instagram to recruit and have found once they are above 10k followers they are harder to deal with so best to find models with low follower count just starting out, there are a lot of gems out there who will do it for exposure and a 20 dollar piece of clothes.

CountMonteCristo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Oct 10, 2015
Hungary
Try hostess groups on facebook. Hostesses have nothing to do since all tourism and events are cancelled and I imagine a lot of them are getting pretty desperate to get any kind of gig.

About the photo equipment: lights are your number one priority. If all you have is your average house lights, even the highest end cameras can't get you a decent image. On the other hand, if you have 1 or 2 good, soft lights, you can take professional looking photos with a 6 year old phone.

You can rent a photo studio for a few hours and they usually give you lights, but you'll need a photographer who knows what they're doing to make the most of that time.

If you want to go super cheap, try to find an amateur photographer or filmmaker who has a few cheap lights at home and knows how to work with them. Or if your project allows, shoot outside and use the free sunlight. You can get a cheap reflector sheet to work with the light, but any semi-serious photographer should already have one.

rpeck90

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
Nov 26, 2016
United Kingdom
Hey all,

im looking for some advice regarding getting models as cost effectively as possible, to get product photos and also video clips (for my facebook ads).

So far, I have contacted some modelling agencies, however, they seem to have pretty expensive prices (starting from around 480 Euros per 4 hour session) and im not sure its worth it. Does anyone have general experience in dealing with this?

Currently my setup is the following:

- I have a membership at wework. Its a cool location in the middle of the city, so im planning to do the photoshooting / video shooting session there.
- I have 2 friends with pretty good cameras and one with the newest iphone (3 cameras), im planning that we will maybe take all the photos ourselves.
- I dont have lighting equipment, which is not ideal.
- Im thinking about hiring a photographer who has lighting equipment, once I get some price quotes. At the moment, I only got quotes of +1000 EUR which is outside my budget.
- In order to attract models, I recorded a 20 second video of myself stating that im looking for models (with specific characteristics) and I plan to run that vid on facebook/instagram ads tommorow. Please let me know, if anyone has done something similar.

Looking forward to anyone who can share their experiences!

Best Regards,
Champion
What's the purpose of the models? Do you need them? If so, what type of model do you need? Have you tried ModelMayhem? There are plenty of freelance models like this you can contact.

I tried contacting top end model agencies some time back, they all wanted high prices, but if it's what you want/need, that's the price you pay. There's an agency in Holland who were really helpful, when I talked to them. I tried talking to the representatives for Julia Bergshoeff and Laura Love, both of whom are international fashion models. Laura recently did an international Maxfactor ad which I saw on TV the other week. I was doing this because of the nature of what I was trying to build/achieve. If you go with an agency, I'd say the lowest price you're looking at is $5k, and that's just the model.

I also contacted an amateur I found after looking at Miss Milano 2018 winners, called Denise Ayroldi. She didn't get back to me. I also reached out to the mother of this young woman, who was eager to do it but started doing crossfit and lost the look I wanted.

Failing this, I found a VERY talented artist to make a picture instead ^_^ @Mr.C knows! The following is a work in progress but 100000% better than what we could have got with the above (perhaps apart from Ayroldi).

WIP.jpg

Looks epic in full resolution (I have a more recent version which looks sublime - I am so lucky to get it, too, the artist is one of the top ones in the game & film industry, she's amazing). If you want direction this sort of thing, I can explain further if required. The picture I got commissioned is going to be used in promo material (similarly to software/games - demonstrated below)...

Last edited:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey guys, so I just wanted to share my results and also what I ended up doing here:

--> I ended up running 2 facebook campaigns (one traffic and one conversions (leadgen)) to a landing page. Spent 30 euros and got 14 sign ups (email + name + phone number). From those 14, four of them have commited to come to the photoshooting which will take place this saturday.

Besides the amateur models, I also decided to hire two professional models, since I want to have a comparison.

Really looking forward to how this photoshooting is gonna go and cant wait to launch my advertising campaigns with original content --> No more worries about copyright issues. The ads and sales system is proven, cant wait to launch and scale this!

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Nice work! Keep us posted looking forward to hearing how this shoot goes.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.